Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Hirazen" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 29th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 6:33pm

Cheaters in Battlefield 3, your thoughts

Couple days ago I encountered cheater in one of my games (and I'm usually very careful to call someone a cheater because there are some imba people in this world :)). Conquest on metro, he was attacking and ended with stats 220-5. When he saw you you were dead, instant headshot, always... and now my question, have you met cheaters so obvious yet? I reported this guy profile, and still I don't see anything happening, he is still playing. Here is profile of this guy <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/5mil3tribut3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/5mil3tribut3/</a><!-- m --> check for yourself, or maybe you can be that good K/D 13.6 and 2260 points per second...

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 6:47pm

Re: Cheaters in Battlefield 3, your thoughts

He's obviously using an aimbot, and no, you can't do anything about it.

Unfortunately, your only 2 options are leaving the server or getting him locally banned by a server admin.

Global bans will only happen through Punkbuster detection, it detects a certain cheat once in a while.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 7:20pm

I have had a few that I suspected but so far I've only had ONE that I was 100% sure about. The guy was running a cheat that allowed EVERYONE on his team to see EVERYONE on the enemy team. The guy was using the cheat in a strange way though. He was using the cheat to try to knife people! LOL As a result his stats weren't very good but he was playing on a server that my buddies and I pay for and my friends kept telling me that they could see ALL of our locations on the map. At first we thought it was a server glitch but after the guy kept trying to knife me, I moved him to my team and sure enough I could now see everyone on the opposing team.

When I started asking him questions about what cheat he was using he left the server.

In BF2 it showed you whenever a player got a head shot. In BF3 I noticed that it shows me whenever I head shot someone or they heat shot me by putting a little cross hair next to their name, but it doesn't look like it shows head shot symbol anymore when other players get kills. Anyone else notice this?

That made it much easier to help spot cheaters when you see someone getting massive kill spam and EVERY kill is a head shot.

Take care,
CptNut

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 8:18pm

He looks legit to me
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 11:58am

Can i find cheaters on PS3 and Xbox?

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 30th 2011, 12:23pm

I haven't seen any cheaters yet, but I have seen a fair number of boosters. AFAIK, there aren't any true hacks for consoles yet, but there are ways to abuse the system for a ton of points.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 12:40pm

Quoted from ""Lennox 203""

He looks legit to me
M249:

Kills:
Headshots:

Yep totally legit.
P.S: SAW was a typical "hacker gun" in Bad Company 2 too he's keeping tradition. -:D-

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 2:44pm

I think the number of cheaters in this game is pretty low compared to legit players. The "everyone is hacking" mentality is cyclic by gaming generation. It'll dissipate and then reappear. The 15-20 year old range of people forgets that the 20-30 range has much more experience under their belts. It's a lot easier to accuse someone of cheating than to accuse yourself of getting pooped on.

Plus, it's a lot easier for EA/Dice to manage the cheating population, as all player stats are recorded and available for analysis.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 2:50pm

Quoted from ""Derrison""

I completely agree for the first part, but you should replace "manage" with "ignore".
No account will ever be banned even if it's dripping from surreal stats.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 3:35pm

And what do you think about stat boosting? Its kinda cheating also, cos not only you rank quickly and have very good stats (k/d, accuracy, points per minute etc.- so whats the point of these stats if you can get them in non-sportsmanship way), but you also unlock all weapons and attachmenets to them very fast and thats why you have advantage over players who havent unlock them yet.
Id really like to Dice wipe these accounts.