Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

• "DraX" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 6:19pm

Okay, i made some further investigations, and the end result is quiet scary.

In short, horizontal recoil is very far from what we thought it is.

Here is 10 burst from M16A3 merged, all of it is 30 bullets. The grid is 1 degree/grid (as in plotic by default).

You can see the offset from a line is very small, especially if you consider the about 8 pixel scope sway.

Even without maths, the chances of that is almost zero.
Now lest see how the same scenario would look like if i'd be random (made with plotic, 20 bullets (max), 10 bursts).
For scepticals, I made 3 of the scenario.

A clear proof the side recoil is FAR from random.

Lets see how it'd look like if i'd merge a plot witch shows the m16a3's side recoil angle.

The first 2 bullet is ok, the third is affected by first shot scope sway (A quiet big one!, video: LINK)
AN94 is crap indeed, i just accidentally killed 34919 people with it!
-
5th AN94 user on PC @ 2012 Jun 10th

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 6:31pm

This is bad. Recoil for the first shot seems as expected though. Offset seems good as well. My guess would be continuous uniform distribution fot the first recoil, triangular distributions with double the width for the second shot and continuous uniform distribution width double width for everything else.

Edit: Could also be a similar to gaussian-distribution with thre times the width for the third and successive recoils.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rezal" (Jun 7th 2012, 6:36pm)

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 6:34pm

This is bad. Recoil for the first shot seems as expected though. Offset seems good as well. My guess would be continuous uniform distribution fot the first recoil, triangular distributions with double the width for the second shot and continuous uniform distribution width double width for everything else.

Well, i have to analyze more weapon, I think its a bar double or triple the width of the already known side recoil values, and the angle from side recoils too (.1 to the right here).
(Dont forget I may not had the extremes in 10 burtst here!).

So my hypothesis so far in picture:
1st: double width, 2nd: triple width

I have to analyse more weapons and samples, also scope sway and low resolution (1920*1080 is just not enought) makes it harder.

About patterns, its clear that the pattern is made from 4 and 5 bullet "banana" shapes (r r l l / r r u l l).
-

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "DraX" (Jun 7th 2012, 6:42pm)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 7:17pm

The plot thickens.

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 9:06pm

Wow. That is pretty telling. Watching this thread carefully.

Any chance of posting the ten bursts that went into the composite? I'd like to play around with the individual crosshair location coordinates.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jackson" (Jun 7th 2012, 10:12pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2012, 1:23am

Wonder what this means for something with high, but equal, H recoil (a la aek971)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, June 8th 2012, 1:39am

AEK has asymmetric recoil. The implications are that high recoil guns will perform better than expected in long bursts. An analysis on the exact distributions for all recoils would have to be made to quantify it. It seems like uniform continuous/triangle double width/almost gaussian triple width... distributions for now.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2012, 4:05pm

Another thing I've noticed is that the crosshair centers by shot don't exactly line up on horizontal lines. Instead they seem to be canted about 3.5-4 degrees, but not perpendicular to the bounding lines Drax added. Strange behavior. And I can't think of a simple mathematical explanation for it.

Also looks like there is more vertical recoil than the numbers predict, or the grid lines are off? The third shot seems to be above the 1 degree grid line. But 0.25 x 2.5 + 0.25 = 0.875. Hard to tell what the scope sway video is showing. Does that play into this?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Jackson" (Jun 8th 2012, 4:15pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2012, 4:57pm

First stab at it. Overly simplistic approach.

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2012, 9:09pm

Also looks like there is more vertical recoil than the numbers predict, or the grid lines are off? The third shot seems to be above the 1 degree grid line. But 0.25 x 2.5 + 0.25 = 0.875. Hard to tell what the scope sway video is showing. Does that play into this?

I used heavy barrel.
-