Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:25pm

When he says no more than two to a side what he means is that a recoil pattern will not be l l l r r l r r r

You will never get more than two left or two right swings in a pattern without the third one being the opposite. (seemingly so far).
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

• "DraX" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:32pm

Okay, so far it looks like recoil has premade patterns due to the similarity of sample 1-2, 6-8, 7-9-14, 16-20.
I'll do further investigation tomorrow.
AN94 is crap indeed, i just accidentally killed 34919 people with it!
-
5th AN94 user on PC @ 2012 Jun 10th

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:52pm

DICE can't keep secrets from us! Very well done, guys.

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 11:15pm

Good work. Again.

This study makes sense why the L/R or R/L should be the biggest, they follow more closely to the average of the recoils.

Not the mention, everything in life that has to do with averages follows a BELL Curve, as we see here. So, recoil is random, but generated on an average basis too.

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,967)

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 11:45pm

I was a skeptic until DraX showed me this photoshop overlay of #1 and #2

I have no idea why Dice would use pre-made recoil patterns. Random number generators on computers aren't resource intensive at all.......... Perhaps true random wasn't giving them the desired effect in some way. I can't for the life of me figure out what the logic is here. Weird.
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

Date of registration
: May 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:06am

There is no true randomness in computer generated "random" numbers. I forgot why. Even those one-armed bandits in Vegas dont actually give random combinations, they repeat a certain pattern. So if you write down all the combinations you get, at some point youll start seeing the same combinations again, in the same order. Thats why the security people there sometimes push a button on the machines, to reset that pattern and create a new one.
As I said I dont know why that is, Im too lazy to look it up now. Should be googlable :P

And if it was perfectly random, chances are wed sometimes have a really weird recoil pattern only to the left or only to the right. So instinctively Id say this should be true.

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:19am

There is no true randomness in computer generated "random" numbers. I forgot why. Even those one-armed bandits in Vegas dont actually give random combinations, they repeat a certain pattern. So if you write down all the combinations you get, at some point youll start seeing the same combinations again, in the same order. Thats why the security people there sometimes push a button on the machines, to reset that pattern and create a new one.
As I said I dont know why that is, Im too lazy to look it up now. Should be googlable :P

And if it was perfectly random, chances are wed sometimes have a really weird recoil pattern only to the left or only to the right. So instinctively Id say this should be true.

It's true you cant make true random generator with electronics. The thing is if you use non constants to make a unique path, you have to use something like time, or cycle count or anything, and on theoretical level you can trace those and exploit the random generator. But except that is your intention, random generators are completely random in normal usage.
-

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:21am

I don't really see any direct evidence for pre-programmed patterns, the very similar patterns could be accidental. Though I do have a theory that should explain why RL and LR combinations are more common than RR and LL combinations.

Perhaps horizontal recoil doesn't 'recenter' on every shot, but is calculated from the first shot position only. Instead of every bullet choosing a random number between the most right and left distance from where the crosshair is pointing at that time, it will choose a random number between the maximum distances from where the crosshair was pointing on the first shot.
This would mean that if the scope jumps to the right on the first shot, the second shot will have a greater chance of jumping to the left, because the distance to the left maximum will be greater. So the chances of LR and RL happening will be slightly larger than RR and LL. After LL and RR happening, the chances of LLL or RRR will obviously be even smaller.
This would also mean there is some sort of maximum to which a gun will pull to the right or left, this might be worth investigating on a gun with very low equalateral recoil (I'd suggest the SCAR-L with foregrip).

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:24am

I don't really see any direct evidence for pre-programmed patterns, the very similar patterns could be accidental. Though I do have a theory that should explain why RL and LR combinations are more common than RR and LL combinations.

Perhaps horizontal recoil doesn't 'recenter' on every shot, but is calculated from the first shot position only. Instead of every bullet choosing a random number between the most right and left distance from where the crosshair is pointing at that time, it will choose a random number between the maximum distances from where the crosshair was pointing on the first shot.
This would mean that if the scope jumps to the right on the first shot, the second shot will have a greater chance of jumping to the left, because the distance to the left maximum will be greater. So the chances of LR and RL happening will be slightly larger than RR and LL. After LL and RR happening, the chances of LLL or RRR will obviously be even smaller.
This would also mean there is some sort of maximum to which a gun will pull to the right or left, this might be worth investigating on a gun with very low equalateral recoil (I'd suggest the SCAR-L with foregrip).

It's under investigation, but that would be enough for now:
-

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 10:43am

Shouldn't be too hard to add some markes to the pictures and see the maximum recoil angle. I'll do the cacltulation later today.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"