Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Wr3k" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 10:57pm

My interpretation: Best weapons for each class.

First id like to thank Symthic for publishing this wonderful site. Now on to my interpretations of the data:

Recon:
Bolt:
L96: best overall, fast reload, high velocity & flash supressor.

Semi:
QBU-88 best overall. more predictable recoil, less vertical recoil w/ foregrip (-33%v & -33%h vs -15%/66-60% of other semis), flash supressor.

Honorable Mentions:
MK11 fastest reload.
M98 fastest muzzle velocity & highest damage but poor cycle time, reload, and mag size.

Engineer:
M4A1 best overall: best ttk, best reload, best overall recoil.

Honorable Mentions:
A-91 has slightly better spread values unzoomed & lower vertical recoil, but worse velocity and horizontal recoil than M4A1.

Notes:
SCAR-H, inferior after damage nerf due to high recoil & slow ROF. A-91 and M4A1 kill faster than it and are more accurate.
G36, SG553,AKS & G53 completely inferior to M4A1/A-91
QBZ-95B inferior to A-91 due to low ROF (though it has slightly faster reload and better velocity) not worth it.

Assault:
AEK971: Way better spread than FAMAS. 2nd fastest at 900RPM. Still not the best horizontal recoil, but very nice, fast groupings. Foregrip is a must though.
AN94: oddball because of the double shot, better at long range bursting as a result. Nice horizontal spread but high vertical recoil and really bad ROF. I think if the base ROF was increased this rifle could be pretty good. I'm curious to find out how much delay is incurred between repeated bursts.
Edit: You can fire successive bursts at nearly 1200RPM (I timed myself at 1000rpm with an hour or so of practice with the gun), I think AN-94 might be the best rifle. Just don't ever use it on full auto. I need to unlock a few attachments for it to really get used to it but the burst fire is absolutely sick accuracy and speed wise. The biggest problem seems to be the vertical recoil

Honorable Mentions:
KH2002: Comparable to AEK, trading full auto and 100RPM for better first shot recoil and a small amount of horizontal recoil. Definitely likes the foregrip.
M16A3/4: decent all-around, best reload, best horizontal recoil, good accuracy. Probably the best if you have no foregrip on the other rifles or are engaging at longer ranges.

Notes:
FAMAS is fastest killer but worst recoil. Foregrip a must! Bad spread!
F2000: better spread than rest while zoomed and moving, also very fast kill, but worse in stationary fire than others.
AK74 inferior to M16A4
M416 slightly less recoil on first bullet, but worse recoil and ROF than M16A3/4.
G3A3: big bullets slowest ROF, more accurate when zoomed+still than any other assault weapon. I can see this being useful at long range in semi-auto.
L85A2: slower ROF vs F2000 but even better moving accuracy.

Note: Underslung isn't really worth it, difference is hardly noticable and forgrip is way better. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZTUfkqc058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZTUfkqc058</a><!-- m -->"
Support:

Drum/column mag:
Edit: You guys have convinced me to change to MG36 over M27IAR.
MG36: Lower first shot recoil than the M27 allows for more accurate short bursts and extended mag is great. Low TTK. Only downsides are velocity and reload times.

Honorable mention:
M27IAR: Best reload, best ROF, best recoil. Only 45 round mag. Very good TTK (comparable to M249, but not quite PKP/M240B)
QBB-95: Best min spread values in all areas of all support guns. Best accuracy while moving. 75 round mag. Low ROF = high TTK (~0.05 behind M27)

Notes:

RPK-74M: inferior to M27.

Box Mags:
PKP: Highest bullet damage, fastest reload among box mags, lowest max spread while still & zoomed (good for spamming), but highest vert recoil. Very good TTK.

Honorable Mentions:
M249, highest ROF of all support weapons. Always near top in TTK. Better recoil values than the others, but lower bullet damage.
M240B: Higher damage than M249, similar accuracy to PKP but worse at spamming due to larger max spread than PKP.

Notes:
M60 inferior to M240B (might be usable if first bullet recoil wasn't so high)
Type 88, inferior to the above choices.

Other:
AS VAL is a super accurate, high ROF, super fast reload BEAST of a weapon. I would only consider it to be behind the M4A1 and AEK-971 in terms of quality (and only because they kill faster in close range). At longer ranges it is simply the best for full-auto fire, and is as accurate as a sniper rifle in semi-mode. I'm not a fan of the lower velocity, damage or the smaller magazine, but damn would this thing be overpowered without those downsides.
P90 is the easily the best of the smg style PDW's, don't think there is any debate there.

Sidearm:
G18 or M93 hands down. I prefer G18 simply due to the full auto, the two are very similar accuracy wise, the M93 bursts being marginally more accurate due to less vertical recoil. I would consider them equal, just depends on if you want burst or auto. The other pistols don't kill nearly as fast at close range, and frankly I don't see the point in using a side arm for longer range kills.

My picks:
Recon: L96 (bolt), QBU-88 (semi), AS VAL (aggressive recon)

Engineer: M4A1

Assault: AEK-971

Support: PKP (static play) or MG36 (mobile play)

Sidearm: G18

I also made quite a few accuracy plots, if you want them they are here for your enjoyment: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5UXV7DC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5UXV7DC</a><!-- m -->

Please feel free to comment / add your opinion! I am curious to hear others opinions.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, December 26th 2011, 12:48am

Re: My Impressions on the best weapons for each class.

Pretty much sums up the current situation...

My picks:

Recon: M95 long range and sometimes close on low population for bullet damage. Trying to get used to the L96 increased speed for standard headshotting on short-medium range instead of the M40. Don't play with semi, I think it's pretty stupid and wrong to spam bullets as a sniper... One shot, one kill.

Engineer: M4 hands down. G36 close second, sometimes nice to have slower ROF so you can aim the bullets a bit more when spraying.

Support: M249 current favorite for short-medium mobile gunner, pretty decent for quite long shots as well when fired in burst. Red dot+Grip+Extended mag (not really necessary though, but you can wipe out a full team without reloading if you happen to get up on their flank. Awesome.) Have yet to unlock M27 for both teams, will try it out more once I do.. Prefer high mag counts for suppressive fire ability. Don't really do much static play, mostly ends up in a mild case of deadness since people often just don't care about dieing. I wish the MG36 was better, but it doesn't look that way at the moment : / (still working on unlocks)

Assault: AEK971 is lovely, full auto setting and just a few bursts decimates the enemy team at close-medium range. Sometimes use the M16, but the AEK971 just feels better somehow... Faster ROF but worse speed, recoil and reload... M16 should be better for longer range or faster paced combat. Tried the FAMAS a bit, but the bullet spread hurts a lot, for the shooter... Not very impressed with it.. AN94 looks interesting for the burst, but full auto it's horrible... And if the burst misses, well... That's why I prefer to use full auto but fire in bursts. If necessary, just spray away and hope for the best...

I run with Red dot and foregrip on all (except sniper of course) and laser or assault rifles, red dot is just easier to aim with, grip enhances the aim and laser for the times when you don't have time to bring up the scope (blinding effect can be nice, but nothing I rely on), extended mag instead on support.

Recon it's 8x or 12x zoom, (usually 12x, only 8x in extremely tight city maps, but usually stick to long range), quick-bolt, nothing (flash suppressor on L96)

Sidearm: I prefer the 93R really. With the G18 you tend to just spray the whole clip into a blinding flash of light, but with the 93R you can still shoot a lot, but aim each burst since you get natural pauses. Tried the .44, but found it to be too slow when you miss a shot.. Plus only 6 chances to hit the target, and you usually need 2 to get the job done = 1 in 3... Usually ends up in a case of deadness...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, December 26th 2011, 12:51am

This is great :3

You brought up a lot of good points and none that I can disagree with (It's late right now so gimme a break if I moan later ;D)

I think I'm going to rename my FAMAS to the "Noob ripper" after today's massacre. Only just started using it again.

• "Wr3k" started this thread

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 26th 2011, 1:00am

Quoted from ""FrostBite""

This is great :3

You brought up a lot of good points and none that I can disagree with (It's late right now so gimme a break if I moan later ;D)

I think I'm going to rename my FAMAS to the "Noob ripper" after today's massacre. Only just started using it again.

Noob ripper seems quite appropriate. Fastest killer in close ranges where the accuracy doesn't really matter!

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, December 26th 2011, 1:32am

As I'm currently unlocking every addon for every weapon I noticed that weapon choice almost doesn't matter, I'm equally good with all (or most) of them, even MK11 with RDS, UMP and other PDWs and so on are fine on close to medium range. Changes a bit with larger distances, but in the end it's just a matter of personal taste for me. Situations where you see the enemy at exactly the same split second timeframe hee sees you, aim and hit the fire button in the same moment are pretty rare, happens more often in TDM (which is best for unlocking weapon addons). Worst case is you kill each other (good they implemented that again with the last patch). Most of the time it's just: first seen, first dead.

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, December 26th 2011, 2:25am

Quoted from ""Iruwen""

As I'm currently unlocking every addon for every weapon I noticed that weapon choice almost doesn't matter, I'm equally good with all (or most) of them, even MK11 with RDS, UMP and other PDWs and so on are fine on close to medium range. Changes a bit with larger distances, but in the end it's just a matter of personal taste for me. Situations where you see the enemy at exactly the same split second timeframe hee sees you, aim and hit the fire button in the same moment are pretty rare, happens more often in TDM (which is best for unlocking weapon addons). Worst case is you kill each other (good they implemented that again with the last patch). Most of the time it's just: first seen, first dead.

In conquest it happens a ton that you and the enemy start firing at the same time. That where the lameness of the AEK, F2000 and especially the FAMAS shine. Up close, it's always a ROF battle. But all the guns are only slightly similar, you can have a better "feel" for certain guns, but if you want to move and shoot the L85a2 and the F2000 are your deal.

But I agree, being good makes any gun you use super deadly
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, December 26th 2011, 4:16am

Re: My interpretation: Best weapons for each class.

Quoted from ""Wr3k""

KH2002 inferior to M16A4

MG36: Inferior to M27.

Nope.
It looks like you ignore first shot recoil on those two examples, which is in my opinion the most important stat when comparing two guns with equal ROF and spread.

The MG36 and KH2002 make it extremely easy to put consecutive shots on the same exact spot.

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, December 26th 2011, 4:48am

I can't really disagree with any of the OP's points, but Aenonar's opinions are closer to mine.

All things considered we basically all agree on the same set of weapons except in sniper rifles, where the OP seems to favor less recoil/more ROF. I personally consider bullet speed to be by far the most important stat in sniping, as it does wonders at long range, since I believe a aggressive recon should just use an AS-VAL. As a result, the M98B and M39EMR are the best bolt/semis to me, as they have bullet speed leagues above the other snipers.

The only other minor thing is in LMGs, where I believe the M249 SAW is the best, due to the fact that while the M240B and PKP alternate best TTK at certain ranges, M249 always comes in a consistent 2nd, and have much better recoil than either.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, December 26th 2011, 8:53am

The M98B for Recon is probably the best long range sniper rifle, but I imagine the OP is describing using it at ranges where bullet drop is negligible. The poor cycle, reload, and magazine size are obviously irrelevant at long range.

Surprised you don't mention the M16A3 for assault. I've personally found it to be the best weapon for the class at everything but CQB, but even in CQB you can win by aiming for the head. The AEK is alright at range but it doesn't feel anywhere as good after you've tried the M16A3.

Otherwise this seems pretty spot on. Not sure about the engineer weapon of choice because I haven't played the class much lately -- the SG553 and G53 both feel good as far as I remember but I'll try the M4A1 again before I really decide.
Representing The Gate Keepers.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 26th 2011, 12:22pm

I really hate those "the best weapon is .." threads.
Most weapons have their pros and cons and are balanced somehow, the best pick differs greatly on playstyle and is highly subjective.

L96: The reloading animation with straight pull bolt is glitchy, causing the scope to still sway around while you're already able to shoot again, which ultimately means the time until you can properly shoot again is even higher than on the M98.
If you want the fastest reload you pick M40, for bullet drop you go after M98.

M4A1: There are so many guys who run around with a laser-sighted A-91, this weapon and M4A1 have their differences but certainly neither is 'best overall'.
Plus the Ak-74u is a solid choice at longer ranges as long as damage isn't nerfed.

M16A4: Where's the A3? The only difference is the burst instead of full auto which rather puts you at a disadvantage until they change the "jamming" issue.
KH2002: 'Inferior to M16A4'? Again no just different. I recently met an extremely good player who used that gun, for it has the best recoil pattern of all the assault rifles (including foregrip ofc).

MG36: The MG36 starts with extended mags which can raise it's mag count to 100, all with an for that insanely fast reload of 3 sek. The horizontal recoil is tad bit higher but the first shot recoil is 1. I'd really like to know where it is 'inferior'.

And don't even get me started on the pistols ...

That said, you're all free to share your experiences but please don't say what is 'the' best just because you saw a data sheet and played around a bit.
Thank you! -:D-