Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Cdt_Massoud" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 12:22pm

EOD Bot exploding with no reason ?

Hello all,

Recently i tried to play a bit with the small Wall'E bot, I never used it before in almost 600 hours of game, was trying to mess with some snipers campers in Caspian border, guy were camping in the same spot for 15 minutes, i through it could be funny to toast them and record with Fraps.

Before i could reach the snipers i saw a friendly tank who was a little damaged, i came next to it and started to repair, then i moved a little more forward and as soon as my bot hit the tank it exploded o_O

Later i tried this a little more on an empty server running Caspian map in Conquest large mode, i spawned on the US side, deployed the EOD bot, and i passed through the jeep stationed there, and passed through the mobile AA too, i mean literally passed trough them.

Then i tried to come next the empty tank and as soon as i hit it, my bot exploded again, was moving really slowly
to try to be the closet i could, same thing later when i hit the attack heli, the small bot auto destroys itself for some reason.

So what's up with this bot ?
- Is it supposed to explode like this when it hits something, even at very slow speed ?
- Was it like this before the patch or is this a kind of bug introduced with the patch ?
- Also was it possible to make it pass through vehicles like the mobile AA and the light jeeps ?

Thx for the help guys

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 12:41pm

I will have a guess at what happened when you went for the snipers. Someone attacked your Bot with a MAV. As for it clipping thought stuff. I do not use the bot to know if this is the norm and random self destruction sounds off to me too.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 12:47pm

I never reach the snipers, was in my way to them then i saw a friendly tank and decided to help him, i wasn't shot at all, not hit by a mav or something else, the tank was static not moving at all so i not ended up under the tank too, and later in an empty server i reproduced this few times just by getting close to a tank slowly until i hit it, then boom Wall'E bot auto destroy itself.

It should be really easy to reproduce in an empty server, just deploy a bot and try to come the closest you can to a tank and it will auto explode, funny is that with light jeeps or the mobile AA i clip into them i just pass trough them.

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 12:59pm

manuel is a cheeky basterd. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeRlVaMtwDE

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 1:04pm

Ok to blow up a Bot with a MAV you do not need to be anywhere near it. You can lock onto it and attack it. Sounds to me like this is something else tho.

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 1:08pm

mav's explode in you ram something right? maybe its the same with manuel.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 1:21pm

Funny video you posted timminatorr with the song from South Park performed by Butters :D

@ Dice, the snipers were not using any Mav's they were just camping with semi auto snipes, not even helping them team , not a single mav flew in the air the entire round, but i will try to lock on into a bot with the mav like you suggest, might help someday, thx for the tip ^^

Ok let's say they added the same mechanics as the MAV supposed to explode when you kill someone ( i saw few times guys using it and mav not exploding on first kill after the patch tho ) , but in my case i didn't kill someone, i just hit a friendly tank with 2 guys inside, or an empty tank.

Maybe someone who used this bot a bit before and after the patch will have more infos on this.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 1:27pm

I love the MAV. I play rush a lot and it is great to use it. In a 12 v 12 game one team can afford to lose a single player if they are showing the team where everyone is. I have sat above a bomb before and stopped 2 squads from arming with the help of 3 team members, a mic and a mav. It really is a very overlooked device.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 1:54pm

I have been using the EoD bot since the beta just because it is the perfect trolling machine. It has changed a lot (ie. controls, maneuverability, repair torch) and pre patch you could ram the EoD into a tank and it not die. You could even get it caught under an enemy tank and repair torch them infinitely until they exploded :P Now that is not the case. I guess it is something they changed.

DEFIBRILLATION CULT
Got to colonel 100 legit...got reset. Guess i'm on the way back there again.
Message me on xbox (gt is Gulrix) if you wanna play with someone.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 3:09pm

guessing mav, they dont even need to lock on to destroy your EOD bot though now they can (used to be realy hard to lock on to EOD or TUGGs but post-patch not so much)

wish their were golden dog tags for weapons at 100 stars.