Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 8:05pm

Re: Plotic - Graphical representation of weapon deadliness

Quoted from ""Psyike""

Unless I'm missing something, v.94 of Plotic has trouble with certain values. For instance, it will allow no Min spread value smaller than 0.05 (though AS-VAL has a Min of 0.0) and no damage in decimals (though a few guns have minimum damages in decimals).

Hmm... seems I overlooked the logic on the main spin boxes. I'll fix that.

If you are referring to the values in the TTK box, those don't do anything yet. I forgot to hide the controls. That is a placeholder for a future TTK chart feature.
I can't be in love if it's plastic, To live on my own just seems tragic
But we'll raise our swords high when our day comes, You thought it was gold but it was bronze.
But if i see you again back in detox, put my remains in my snuff box!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 29th 2011, 8:22pm

Quoted from ""Psyike""

Unless I'm missing something, v.94 of Plotic has trouble with certain values. For instance, it will allow no Min spread value smaller than 0.05 (though AS-VAL has a Min of 0.0) and no damage in decimals (though a few guns have minimum damages in decimals).

Ok, both issues have been addressed in 0.95. Available on the download page.
But we'll raise our swords high when our day comes, You thought it was gold but it was bronze.

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 12:51am

Quoted from ""RobotMonkey""

Quoted from ""Psyike""

Ok, both issues have been addressed in 0.95. Available on the download page.

Cool stuff. I look forward to seeing the TTK feature when it's done.

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, December 30th 2011, 3:16am

Out of curiosity, what purpose does the "Multiply Vertical Recoil:" checkbox serve? Is it intended to simulate the compensation made by the shooter in reaction to recoil? That is the only thing I could think of.

Edit: Also, for multiple attachments, are the percent modifiers additive or multiplicative? For example, would a combination of Bipod and Suppressor on an M4A1 modify the minimum spread to be:

A) 0.4*(100%-50%-50%)=0
or
B) 0.4*(100%-50%)*(100%-50%)=0.1

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 12:52am

Quoted from ""Skittls""

Out of curiosity, what purpose does the "Multiply Vertical Recoil:" checkbox serve? Is it intended to simulate the compensation made by the shooter in reaction to recoil? That is the only thing I could think of.

Edit: Also, for multiple attachments, are the percent modifiers additive or multiplicative? For example, would a combination of Bipod and Suppressor on an M4A1 modify the minimum spread to be:

A) 0.4*(100%-50%-50%)=0
or
B) 0.4*(100%-50%)*(100%-50%)=0.1

The Multiply Vert Recoil is something that I added on account it was in Symthic's changes. I don't have a full understanding on what it does, but I believe you are correct.

If it is checked, it is taking the product of that number, 30% for the default value, and the value for Y on all bullets of the burst. So that should, in theory, mean that you are gaining 30% of your recoil back between shots. I think that is correct... don't quote me on it. Unfortunately for that value, it is only going off of a number value, not something a bit more static like the ROF or Dec that would allow for more flexible calculations.

As far as attachments, it would be additive in terms of how you enter it into the spin box. (-50%)Bipod + (-50%)Supp = (-100%) total adjustment value

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 31st 2011, 7:58pm

Version 0.98 is up. It now gives the option to display the bullet drop information, the required adjustment to hit the target at center mass from the set distance, and the time of flight.

Some other goodies in this one.

* I changed the printed lines to make them easier to read by alternating colors.
* Adjustments are now visible in the bars graphs.
* Saving scheme has been altered to allow for a more dynamic interface.
* Heat map information has been moved to it's own tab.
* You will *soon be able to control what you want printed on the heat map as well, if anything.

Here is a screenshot of the mainscreen. You can adjust the line width of the bullet drop/adjustment indicators. When viewing, you will want a larger number to see the markers. The saved image is 2000x2000, so having a line width of 1 is visible in the image.

http://i.imgur.com/eztRf.png

https://github.com/endofzero/Plotic/downloads

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 11:59am

Here is a preview of the latest version. You can see the start of the TTK chart work.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://imgur.com/a/zSsBG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://imgur.com/a/zSsBG</a><!-- m -->

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 6th 2012, 7:25am

Version 1.0 is up and should be all working. I did notice that the bottom number of the Bullet drop chart isn't rendering correctly.

Here is an image of the new TTK/BD chart[url]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i.imgur.com/DER6R.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i.imgur.com/DER6R.jpg</a><!-- m -->

For good measure, here are the standard and heatmap images that go along with the one above.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/hMXyL.png[/url]

http://i.imgur.com/eQPOO.jpg

As always, you can compile it yourself (click on Download as Zip go grab the source) or download the latest exe from here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://github.com/endofzero/Plotic/downloads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://github.com/endofzero/Plotic/downloads</a><!-- m -->

Quoted from ""Sokolovac""

Got rid of the Onclick code at the end of the post.

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Symthic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, January 6th 2012, 6:24pm

Impressive work.
Few thoughts:
The main view has soo many options that people get easily confused.
Most of these could be under advanced tab.
The settings that are needed by normal users in my opinion are:
- Recoil
- Spread
- Bullets per burst
- Bursts
- Attachment adjustments
- Generate heat plot or not

If I make functions to get data directly from files, would you integrate it so we wouldn't need recoil/spread/attachment adjustments anymore?
You could simply select weapon and attachment.

Multiply vertical recoil was/is there for exactly what Skittls said.
'to simulate the compensation made by the shooter in reaction to recoil'

<TitleText> is crashing the program in silent mode. Without it everything seems to be working like it should.
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 6th 2012, 8:51pm

Quoted from ""Symthic""

Impressive work.
Few thoughts:
The main view has soo many options that people get easily confused.
Most of these could be under advanced tab.
The settings that are needed by normal users in my opinion are:
- Recoil
- Spread
- Bullets per burst
- Bursts
- Attachment adjustments
- Generate heat plot or not

If I make functions to get data directly from files, would you integrate it so we wouldn't need recoil/spread/attachment adjustments anymore?
You could simply select weapon and attachment.

Multiply vertical recoil was/is there for exactly what Skittls said.
'to simulate the compensation made by the shooter in reaction to recoil'

<TitleText> is crashing the program in silent mode. Without it everything seems to be working like it should.

YAY!... Feedback is always welcome.

I do understand it has gotten quite a bit cluttered, I'll work on cleaning that up to make it easier.

Looking at your TTK graph, I think i should be able to add that to the damage chart as another graph with the axis on the left side. Since both would be scaled the same in terms of distance, I think it would look nice while providing both infosets.

I'd be glad to add the direct from file functions. We could probably even turn it into it's own class.

I'll look into the Silent install issue. There isn't a check for invalid filenames... so make sure that the title doesn't contain any characters that would be invalid.