Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Sym

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Sym" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 4:03pm

Plotic v0.4:
Download

Note that 0.4 doesn't take recoil decrease into account.

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. -- Conversion from string "25.0" to type 'Double' is not valid."

Localization crashes are back once again.

You can fix this by changing your Decimal symbol to .
Control Panel (Small Icons) -> Region and Language -> Additional Settings -> Decimal Symbol -> Select . instead of ,

or wait for an update.
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Date of registration
: Apr 21st 2012

Platform: PS3

Location: Terra Firma - Sol System - Gould Belt - Milky Way Galaxy - Virgo Supercluster - Pisces-Cetus Supercluster Complex

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 6:34pm

Plotic v0.4:
Download

Note that 0.4 doesn't take recoil decrease in account.

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. -- Conversion from string "25.0" to type 'Double' is not valid."

Localization crashes are back once again.

You can fix this by changing your Decimal symbol to .
Control Panel (Small Icons) -> Region and Language -> Additional Settings -> Decimal Symbol -> Select . instead of ,

or wait for an update.
Ok... 2.22 fixes the localization issue. :D
I can't be in love if it's plastic, to live on my own just seems tragic.
But we'll raise our swords high when our day comes; You thought it was gold but it was bronze.
But if i see you again back in detox, put my remains in my snuff box!

Plotic Source: endofzero/Plotic GitHub

Downloads: Plotic 2.6 - Google Drive

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 10:25pm

-- or wait for an update.

Thanks for the fix!

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 6:25am

in my recent findings, from ballistic computer thread, i think that bullet accuracy is affected in linear fashion over bullet travel path length and not in horizontal distance. Which means long range shots do not scale correctly from their short range plots (while very minimal for most projectiles). It is more pronounced with slower ammo and higher gravity multiplier over long range (suppressed sks / slugs). The math is quiet messy and probably only of use for long range single fire sniping, so not sure if its worth it.

Sym

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Sym" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 2:29pm

so not sure if its worth it.

It's not :>
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Date of registration
: Jun 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 8:56pm

so not sure if its worth it.

It's not :>
so what is the largest run this thing had so far i.e. amount of shots simulated... would be interesting to see in the millions, or would it not make a difference.. if someone can write up the code with map reduce in mind, i'd be willing to donate a few amazon instances for a cpl hours :) because i'm sure running a million test would be resource intensive

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 9:07pm

Simulating millions of shots would be a waste. You can get suitable results with only a few thousand. It's like how they conduct political polls over the telephone. They don't need to call everyone, just a few thousand, to get a relatively accurate estimate.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 9:24pm

Simulating millions of shots would be a waste. You can get suitable results with only a few thousand. It's like how they conduct political polls over the telephone. They don't need to call everyone, just a few thousand, to get a relatively accurate estimate.
yes that's what I figured, just wasn't sure of the sufficient sampling size

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 2:10am

After one hundred bursts the numbers don't change much anymore and one thousand bursts should have more accuracy than you'll ever need. Bigger problem is that the horizontal recoil is probably not like it is actually done in BF3.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 2:00pm

After one hundred bursts the numbers don't change much anymore and one thousand bursts should have more accuracy than you'll ever need. Bigger problem is that the horizontal recoil is probably not like it is actually done in BF3.
is the horizontal recoil taken from the game files or in game testing?