Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 10th 2012, 11:40am

Re: Plotic - Graphical representation of weapon deadliness

Don't mean to jump in on your discussion, but I was humbly thinking of something with regards to plotic.

Will it be possible to move the "human target" up/down/around so that you can find out where to aim your first shot to get the fastest _average_ TTK on full auto?

The way I see it, most of my kills are with full auto, and probably within a distance of say...30m (just an assumption). Bursting I only use for range or on people who aren't aware/shooting at me.

So, by moving the human target to see where it fits best in the plot, you could then see what weapon has the fastest average TTK at a given distance and in full auto and also where to aim the first shot. You could of course aim the first at the head and then move your crosshair down mid fire like some people do, but that gets even more complicated :)

If you guys already thought of this, then I eagerly await :)

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 7:21pm

I don't see why an offset couldn't eventually be added for that purpose...
I can't be in love if it's plastic, To live on my own just seems tragic
But we'll raise our swords high when our day comes, You thought it was gold but it was bronze.
But if i see you again back in detox, put my remains in my snuff box!

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, February 13th 2012, 1:51pm

Really good job on this software :thumb: it's very cool to play with it, and hunt through the .sym files looking for interesting titbits of info.

I even managed to produce some in-game like pictures with the correct fov and silhouette target size, for a nice comparison of hip-fire and aimed shooting. For info, I found the fov field of view info in the .sym files and worked out the corresponding "scale px/deg" in order to get the silhouette targets at the appropriate size for the distance, then cropped the resulting picture in Paint in order to get the appropriate 16:9 screen ratio, so it theory it looks just like it should on screen in game.

Very instructive; very powerful tool - really impressed - thanks!

Edit: for info, I estimated that the standard Plotic FOV was 3, so the proper scale for a RenderFov of 55 comes out as 35 pix/deg, and for a ZoomRenderFov of 15 it was 130 pix/deg (found out each weapon has their own ironsight ZoomRenderFov, and then each optic also has their own).

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 12:06am

Sorry to bring math into the conversation, but I was thinking about using the hit % that plotic calculates and doing a probability set with it. The general idea was to find out what % chance there was for any 4 bullets to hit out of a 6 round burst. I chose 4 hits because most of the guns will kill with 4 bullets. As you can see a 6 round burst is quite complicated to calculate and anything longer really gets out of hand. I wonder if you could integrate this into the hit % chart? Eventually I think a graph showing what your chance to kill with a 6 round burst at different ranges would be cool. Generally looking like the damage graphs now with a line showing 100% to maybe 10%. I put the formulas for both 6 round and 5 round bursts below.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the hit percentages have to be in decimal form to work in the formula (91% = .91)

Given 6 Bullets A,B,C,D,E,F

P4Hits = A*B*C*D*(1-E)*(1-F)+A*B*C*E*(1-D)*(1-F)+A*B*D*E*(1-C)*(1-F)+A*C*D*E*(1-B)*(1-F)+B*C*D*E*(1-A)*(1-F)+A*B*C*F*(1-D)*(1-E)+A*B*D*F*(1-C)*(1-E)+A*C*D*F*(1-B)*(1-E)+B*C*D*F*(1-A)*(1-E)+A*B*E*F*(1-C)*(1-D)+A*C*E*F*(1-B)*(1-D)+B*C*E*F*(1-A)*(1-D)+A*D*E*F*(1-B)*(1-C)+B*D*E*F*(1-A)*(1-C)+C*D*E*F*(1-A)*(1-B)+P5Hits +P6Hits

P5Hits = A*B*C*D*E*(1-F)+A*B*C*D*F*(1-E)+A*B*C*E*F*(1-D)+A*B*D*E*F*(1-C)+A*C*D*E*F*(1-B)+B*C*D*E*F*(1-A)+P6Hits

P6Hits = A*B*C*D*E*F

Given 5 bullets A,B,C,D,E

P4hits = A*B*C*D*(1-E)+A*B*C*E*(1-D)+A*B*D*E*(1-C)+A*C*D*E*(1-B)+B*C*D*E*(1-A)+P5hits

P5hits = A*B*C*D*E

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 8:47pm

@Quiz, I'll add that as a feature request.

My apologies for the lack of updates lately, I've been fighting over getting correct values from the sym files.

2.095 has been uploaded, it is using the new GetValue function that uses stance.
But we'll raise our swords high when our day comes, You thought it was gold but it was bronze.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 10:20am

Wow, with 2.095, lying prone makes a big difference with the Support LMGs!

Edit: here's a couple pictures of that FOV thing I mentioned - plotic's a pretty cool tool!
(the target is bigger in the second picture because it's zoomed in aiming down iron sight)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 2:38am

Version 2.096 has been uploaded and it fixes the error when you would run plots with bipods and silencers..

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 6:42pm

I'm still on 2.095, but am crashing every time I try to run a custom plot.

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 9:24pm

- on 2.096 i get a crash everytime i wannt to draw a graph for m4a1

btw very good work on all this: i especially love the hitrates: totally changed my ranking in weapon strengths.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 9:18pm

Quoted from ""Lucius2""

- on 2.096 i get a crash everytime i wannt to draw a graph for m4a1

btw very good work on all this: i especially love the hitrates: totally changed my ranking in weapon strengths.

I think the M4a1 might be another one of those weapons that uses like the M16a4 as the base or something to that effect. I'll look into it.