Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "igornvidal" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 5:38pm

Zero recoil decrease speed

I must admit I'm an AA3 fan and I believe BF3 could benefit from some of its in-game settings with regard to realism (call it "hardcoreness").

The point here would be the elimination of Recoil Decrease Speed. As I understand it, today in BF3, your weapon will kick up and sideways by a certain ammount as long as you keep shooting (up to a maximum recoil); when you stop shooting, the weapon's sight returns to its original "zeroed" position. The time it takes to get back reflects the aforementioned decrease speed.

Thinking in AA3, I would propose BF3 to have no decrease speed after all. In AA3 you shoot, the weapon kicks and you have to actively bring it back. First shot multipliers would still aplly.

I think it would make it harder (more realistic) to control weapons in BF3, this way better reflecting weapon stats, caliber, trigger mode (single-auto-burst) and overall balance. It should not be difficult do implement and would promote skillful play, as people would need to learn to better handle their firearms. Not that people woudn't get used to it sooner or later (as we have to every single patch release), but it wouldn't hurt much.

I could mention lots of other additions from AA3 that would be cool to
see here, but i'll leave that to another post. (running stamina, loadout
weight affecting running speed, smoke grenades, etc etc.). What do you guys think about this particular feature?
PLATFORM: PC
Brazilian Rank (Jun/12):
5º AN-94 (~300 world)
29º QBU-88 (top 4% world)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 6:17pm

It actually is realistic for the weapon to return to normal position.

On the shot the slide/bolt etc blows back causing recoil (it's not really the explosion that causes it unless it has a fixed bolt like snipers), then the slide/bolt etc is returned to its initial position which also returns the weapon to the normal position.

Hence why you "double tap" with weapons which quickly sends 2 bullets down range to pretty much the same place, before the body has a chance to react to the recoil tensioning up, which actually causes the recoil to get worse.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 8:21pm

^Yeah, pretty much that.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 1:59am

Along with Aenonar's point, the game recoil decrease mechanism only decreases part of recoil movement, your gun angle will still move and you have to adjust to it.
I am a fan of recoil mechanism, but i think spread increase per shot should be lower for all guns, recoil already does the auto fire inaccuracy function.

What this game needs is more dimensions to differentiate between weapons. Weapon length, weight, reliability, etc.

For example, heavy weapons (belt lmgs/bolt snipers)
- slower time to bring sights up
- less recoil (than a lighter weapon with same cartridge)
- holding in upright position for more than 3-5 seconds increase scope sway/recoil per second (unless deployed).
- low overheat accuracy penalty and high reliability.

for ar/carbines:
- have gas operated weapons not be functional after swimming, for a few seconds, while piston operated would be able to shoot right away
- add overheat accuracy penalties, gas operated having higher penalty. maybe even uncontrolled discharge if gun gets too hot.
- add weapon misfire chance to have long piston (AK and alike) - highest reliability, short piston (m416, etc.)- slightly lower, gas (m16) - even lower

for all guns:
- when ads, long weapons get spread increase per aiming angle movement, until settled
this way bullpups and pdws would be as accurate if you move your mouse around at any rate, while something like m98b, would have to wait a bit after a rapid movement to get to minimal spread.
- stance adjusted recoil (dont know why it is not there in the first place)

I also would not mind to have unused bullets disappear when you reload an unfinished magazine.

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 6:04am

Quoted

On the shot the slide/bolt etc blows back causing recoil (it's not
really the explosion that causes it unless it has a fixed bolt like
snipers), then the slide/bolt etc is returned to its initial position
which also returns the weapon to the normal position.
Yeah, and it happens within a fraction of a second. Unlike BF3's recoil, which is there for consoles

Auto-centering recoil is always terrible. Let's be real here, feathering the trigger as a way to balance the recoil is the most ridiculous, unrealistic thing ever

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 8:16am

What this game needs is more dimensions to differentiate between weapons. Weapon length, weight, reliability, etc.

BF3 is not realistic. While the changes that you propose might make it more realistic (I suppose, I do not know a lot about guns), it will not make it more fun for the majority of players.
On the contrary, I will only make people angry when there is weapon jamming, can't shoot after your weapon has been submerged (this happens very rarely however) etc.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 3:44pm

I also would not mind to have unused bullets disappear when you reload an unfinished magazine.
That's something I'd really love to see implemented. It would increase the importance of having a support guy next to you or maybe even switching squad specializations.

@Topic: I'm not sure I've seen it somewhere, but shouldn't the "hoilding breath / weapon steady" mechanic be applied to all sights? Wouldn't it affect recoil? (Does it already?) Could it spend stamina (like in AA3)? Should you not have the same accuracy after long foot runs (like ARMA)?

I don't think these features would affect the fun factor so much as to ruin the game or draw people away from it while offering more tactical approaches to the game.
Brazilian Rank (Jun/12):
5º AN-94 (~300 world)

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2011

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 4:04pm

As an old Socom player (PS2/PS3) losing unused bullets was something that put great depth to the game.

For most guns you had 5 mags. If you reloaded when having unused bullets in the mag, those bullets would stay in mag number 5. Then while you reloaded during the round the mags was cycled (Empty mags were disgarded), so when you where staying alive long time in a round, by the end of it, you had 3-4 mags with just a few bullets in each mag.

It made you think before shooting (suppression anyone?) and even run around looking for dead bodies, so you could snatch their guns, or ammo which was refilled if it was the same calibre.

Socom of course was a one-lifer game and not really the same, but for hardcore mode I could see it be an option even in a respawn game like BF3. However, even BF3's hardcore need to have some visibility of number of mags and fire mode. This is something that can be checked in real life, without having to put a few rounds to a wall.
PS3 & PS4 - 46inch Sony Bravia - Balls of Steel

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 7:53pm

problem is, all bf3 reloads are tactical reloads, mag is thrown away. if you want to keep mag, reload times would be 2x or even 3x more, and need a new button to press (press reload twice maybe?)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 4th 2012, 7:24pm

problem is, all bf3 reloads are tactical reloads, mag is thrown away. if you want to keep mag, reload times would be 2x or even 3x more, and need a new button to press (press reload twice maybe?)

At ARMA II (AA3, not sure which), the soldier doesn't trhow the mag away; instead, he keeps it for later use.

Theres is just 1 simple rule: the soldier will aways take whichever mag (used or not) have more rounds left.

Example: 4 mags (M1 to M4)
  • M1: shoot 10 bullets, reload. Takes M2, M1 is kept
  • M2: shoot all 30 bullets, reload. Takes M3, M2 is kept.
  • M3: shoot 20 bullets, reload. Takes M4. M3 is kept.
  • M4: shoot 25 bullets, reload. Takes M1, because it has 20 bullets left.
  • M1 (v2): shoot remaing 20 bullets, reload. Takes M3 with 10 bullets left.
  • and so on...
Brazilian Rank (Jun/12):
5º AN-94 (~300 world)