Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "iamhollywood5" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 6:46am

suppressors... =/

I just can't use suppressed weapons anymore... does anyone else get the feeling that suppressers just got nerfed too hard with the patch? You put a suppressor on any assault rifle, carbine, or LMG and your range becomes 4 meters. I completely agree with changing the spread reduction from 50% to 25%, that was way too good before the patch, but that range penalty makes it really hard to keep up with non-silenced enemies. And then we have to consider the hipfire penalty...

I thought it made much more sense pre-patch when it reduced your min damage instead.... I'd rather they revert to this, keep the 25% spread or even reduce it further to 20%, get rid of the recoil reduction, and keep the hipfire penalty. But I know it's here to stay. I guess it's flash suppressor on every single gun except the G3, SCAR, and AK74m/74u
Progression - Digital_Veil_92 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Quoted from "xNikolai"

If you cant find pictures of it on google it doesnt exist.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 6:52am

Re: suppressors... =/

Quoted from ""iamhollywood5""

I just can't use suppressed weapons anymore... does anyone else get the feeling that suppressers just got nerfed too hard with the patch? You put a suppressor on any assault rifle, carbine, or LMG and your range becomes 4 meters. I completely agree with changing the spread reduction from 50% to 25%, that was way too good before the patch, but that range penalty makes it really hard to keep up with non-silenced enemies. And then we have to consider the hipfire penalty...

I thought it made much more sense pre-patch when it reduced your min damage instead.... I'd rather they revert to this, keep the 25% spread or even reduce it further to 20%, get rid of the recoil reduction, and keep the hipfire penalty. But I know it's here to stay. I guess it's flash suppressor on every single gun except the G3, SCAR, and AK74m/74u

The only time i use the suppressor now is if i HAVE to go stealth. Even at 10 meters the auto spread is so bad i have a hard time hitting targets. Why on earth would i give up accuracy, hip fire, and range just so i can have a suppressed weapon? I agree. Keep range down and remove accuracy benefit and hip fire penalty.

DEFIBRILLATION CULT
Got to colonel 100 legit...got reset. Guess i'm on the way back there again.
Message me on xbox (gt is Gulrix) if you wanna play with someone.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 7:15am

^ actually I was suggesting to remove the range penalty, reduce the spread benefit, and keep the hipfire penalty, lol
/ Battlefield 4

Quoted from "xNikolai"

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 7:51am

The range reduction definitely killed the suppressor for me.

I'm not sure if they should buff it though, being invisible on the minimap is a huge advantage. If they removed the range reduction I have a feeling that everyone would just go back to using the suppressor on most weapons.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 7:59am

I actually like Suppressors more now.

I've been using Flash Suppressors on everything (as most people have), but then I decided to try a Suppressor again, and found no problems with it. I could pick people off from ridiculous ranges still, and with the 25% accuracy bonus, a Foregrip doesn't hurt as much.

The reason I like them more now is because before they reduced the damage you did (I believe), but now they just reduce the range. So you can play in CQC and do just as effectively as you would without a Suppressor.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 8:20am

Quoted from ""Souperintendent""

The reason I like them more now is because before they reduced the damage you did (I believe), but now they just reduce the range. So you can play in CQC and do just as effectively as you would without a Suppressor.

It cuts your range in half, 4-30 instead of 8-60(8-90 with HB). It pretty much wrecks your damage at anything but very CQC.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 8:24am

Quoted from ""LeSalaud""

Quoted from ""Souperintendent""

It cuts your range in half, 4-30 instead of 8-60(12-90 with HB). It pretty much wrecks your damage at anything but very CQC.

Well either way, I was playing an M16A3 Suppressor+Foregrip on Strike at Karkand and was getting people from pretty far away. I really didn't notice any of the negative aspects of the two.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 8:28am

suppressor makes you more viable at extreme ranges than before the patch. But in both close and mid range, and all the way up until the point at which you are doing minimum damage, you are worse off than before the patch. Remember, 4m in battlefield is about 4 feet in real life. You have to be close enough to punch them if you wanna be dealing max damage.
/ Battlefield 4

Quoted from "xNikolai"

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 8:39am

I'd rather have a range penalty than a penalty that would make me lose in a CQC shot per shot disadvantage.

Since silencers are for more stealthy killing, I wish it had these effects :

-Hipfire penalty
-ADS buff
-Range decrease

But no, it remains a dream.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 8:41am

Of course the suppressor got over-nerfed. Do you see anyone using it?

I would change the hipfire penalty from 40% to 20%, matching the F Supp. and the HB. Make the drop-off 8-30 instead of 4-30. Why does a suppressor have worse 'range' in CQC? It doesn't make sense. So yes, this would limit the suppressor to CQC only without making it a 5+ shot kill past 4m and ridiculous hipfire.

Reduce the accuracy benefit to 20%. Keep recoil reduction at 10%. Or else it has too much over the Flash Supp.

That said, the Heavy Barrel needs nerfing. It just outclasses any other attachment. 75% reduction to spread and 50% increase to drop-off? OP, much?