Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "jabbothehut" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 3rd 2016

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 5:44pm

BF3 Sight Fov and Zoom questions

Hi I'm new here so apologies if this is posted in the wrong section. Is the zoom on the kobra/rds a set fov no matter on what fov you have so for example whether your fov be 70 or 90 it will zoom in to 60 (I dont even know if this is the correct value) in both instances. Or does it zoom in to -144% of your currently set fov? so for example if yours is set to 90 it will zoom in to 62.5 and if it is 70 it will zoom to 48.6 ?
I may have completely misunderstood this so if anyone who knows exactly how it works could clarify it for me I would be much obliged. Thanks!

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 7:48pm

From what I recall, in BF3 the ADS magnification is always based off of the default FOV, which is like 60 degrees horizontal or something like that. So your first idea is correct; when you ADS, you temporarily set your FOV to 60 and then any scope magnification is based off of that.

• "jabbothehut" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 3rd 2016

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 9:01pm

From what I recall, in BF3 the ADS magnification is always based off of the default FOV, which is like 60 degrees horizontal or something like that. So your first idea is correct; when you ADS, you temporarily set your FOV to 60 and then any scope magnification is based off of that.
ok thanks dude!

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, November 4th 2016, 3:17pm

The 144% was based on the FOV used for hip fire which was 70, not really sure if it in the end used FOV or a % scale...

It was a bit weird in BF3, tbh I don't really remember as it was ~4 years ago I did the testing but your base FOV did have a very slight impact on what you could see when ADS. The zoom was the same so you couldn't gain any unfair advantage, but you gained like 1-2% more side view with 90 FOV but more of a fishbowl effect.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again