Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

• "DraX" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 1:50pm

We should represent our platform in the signature

I know im not a very active forum user, mostly i just observer things but every now and then i live through and see the difference between platforms can lead to misunderstood.

So I proposal to represent our platform in our signature, not for "racism" (i think the forums community not as low), but to help make things clear.

I made some nice but easy to see signatures:

PC: [color=#DADADA][b]Platform: PC[/b][/color]
XBOX: [color=#DADADA][b]Platform: XBOX[/b][/color]
PS3: [color=#DADADA][b]Platform: PS3[/b][/color]

Just copy one of those into your signature, witch is under the "User Control Panel / Profile / Edit signature"

edit: Autosynthesis suggested an other great idea, linking your Battlelog profile with the text.
It's very easy, you just have to put this BBcode instead of the ones above, and replace the "LINK" with the actual link. Make sure to spare the "=" before and the "]".

PC: [url=LINK][color=#DADADA][b]Platform: PC[/b][/color][/url]
XBOX: [url=LINK][color=#DADADA][b]Platform: XBOX[/b][/color][/url]
PS3: [url=LINK][color=#DADADA][b]Platform: PS3[/b][/color][/url]
AN94 is crap indeed, i just accidentally killed 34919 people with it!
-
5th AN94 user on PC @ 2012 Jun 10th

PyaKura

Password Giver

(327)

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 2:18pm

Re: We should represent our platform in the signature

Yeah I want to see how many members of this forum play on PS3. There are too many XBOX/PC users...
Ded.

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 2:55pm

I've turned them off to avoid seeing any obnoxious sigs that are bound to turn up unless the allowed image size in signatures is limited to nice and small.

Anyway, for those who are curious, I play on PC.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 3:04pm

This is a great idea, I've done mine.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 3:29pm

good idea mate, and done!

All experiences and tactics can now be understood a little easier with people displaying their loyalties -:D-
Rather fond of mushrooms. 'just aim for the head'... yeah, not likely.

Platform: PS3 I am the great flag defender! 4300+ flag defends and counting!

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 3:47pm

Quoted from ""DraX""

Just copy one of those into your signature, witch is under the "User Control Panel / Profile / Edit signature"

For the sake of overall communication its a good idea, but just looking at your signature, it completely drowns because there is so much to look at already.
I can't stand signatures with pictures in them :) A page worth of people with flashy sig's ends up looking like Times square.
I have signatures turned off.

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 4:58pm

Mine does that for me :D

Date of registration
: Feb 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 5:02pm

Quoted from ""Beyertech""

Quoted from ""DraX""

For the sake of overall communication its a good idea, but just looking at your signature, it completely drowns because there is so much to look at already.
I can't stand signatures with pictures in them :) A page worth of people with flashy sig's ends up looking like Times square.

Well, talking about his platform not being clear, I think I disagree. It is actually very clear and appears above his image so...

ToTheSun

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 5:04pm

Alright.

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 5:25pm

Quoted from ""Ecasx""

Quoted from ""Beyertech""

Quoted from ""DraX""

Well, talking about his platform not being clear, I think I disagree. It is actually very clear and appears above his image so...

What I WANTED to say, had I put some coherent thoughts to print, was: Too much info in signatures in general makes people ignore them and old grumpy bastards like myself turn them off entirely because signatures tend to become a color fest of totally uninteresting gibes and info no one really cares about.
I still think it's a good idea, it was just an off-topic comment on the general amount of useless info being displayed alongside something that might actually have value for the discussions we have on these boards.
I have signatures turned off.