Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "JamesDinA4" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, April 20th 2012, 2:01pm

Low initial recoil vs low overall vertical recoil

First of all, i would like to thank everyone who contriebutes to this site, its very helpful and informative.

I havent seen a thread discussing this questions so I hope it hasnt been answered yet. Im trying to figure out if a low initial recoil with a higher overall vertical recoil or a low overall vertical recoil with a higher initial recoil is better. The two weapons Im struggling between are the M4A1 and the G36c. With a flash suppressor (which im using) the recoul stats are: M4A1: 0,2 overall vertical recoil and 2.8 initial recoil. G36c: 0,25 overall vertical recoilc and 2.2 initiial recoil. So basically my question are:

-Which of the two variants have lower vertical recoil?

-Does the flash suppressor affect the initial recoil?

-Does initial recoil affect horizontal recoil?

-How does the recoil on a gun work that has higher initial recoil then overall vertical recoil, is the recoil decreasing?

Thank you very much in advance and I hope someone could take the time to answer these questions.

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, April 20th 2012, 2:11pm

Re: Low initial recoil vs low overall vertical recoil

Vertical recoil is more controllable since its going upwards at same speed all the time.
Horizontal recoil is random between the left and right values so it's a lot harder to control.
FSuppressor does decrease vertical recoil and increase minimum hip spread.

First shot recoil obviously only affects the first shot so it makes difference when you're shooting very short bursts: long distances.. where carbines are not so good anyways because of high min spread.

Heres a pic from the new charts, those numbers are with flash suppressor:

Edit: Fixed typos :/
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, April 20th 2012, 2:15pm

Quoted from ""Symthic""

Heres a pic from new charts, those numbers are with flash suppressor:

Can you give me the link to that charts(application), it looks awesome.
JOIN MY PLATOON - GROM TEAM (we use AN-94)

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, April 20th 2012, 2:16pm

Quoted from ""dopawcia""

Can you give me the link to that charts, they look awesome.
Not until the new site is released. Check out this topic: http://symthic.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=956
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, April 20th 2012, 2:21pm

Quoted from ""Symthic""

Horizontal recoil is more controllable since its going upwards at same speed all the time.
Horizontal recoil is random between the left and right values so it's a lot harder to control.
FSuppressor does decrease horizontal recoil and increase minimum hip spread.

Before someone gets confused, correction:
Vertical recoil is more controllable since its going upwards at same speed all the time.
FSuppressor does decrease vertical recoil and increase minimum hip spread.

Quoted from ""JamesDinA4""

-Which of the two variants have lower vertical recoil?

The vertical (up) recoil is how much the gun moves up for every single bullet. The first shot recoil is a multiplier, which means after the first bullet you have higher recoil. For m4a1 its 0.2*2.8=0.56, g36c 0.3*2.2=0.66. So m4a1 for first shot and overall too.

-Does the flash suppressor affect the initial recoil?

Yes, because it affect the vertical recoil, and since first shot recoil is calculated by that.

-Does initial recoil affect horizontal recoil?

Non, horizontal recoil is fixed, the first shot recoil multiplier not effecting it at all.

-How does the recoil on a gun work that has higher initial recoil then overall vertical recoil, is the recoil decreasing?

Answer come from the "-Which of the two variants have lower vertical recoil?" question.

The answer for the topic name "Low initial recoil vs low overall vertical recoil" would be:

Low first shot recoil is very important for mid to long range engagements with short burst, and very important for burst weapons (thats why m16a4 is weak imho). Also more important if you play like me, who's aiming for the head always.

Low overall recoil is more important for close-mid range engagements with long burst. Also better suitable for "aim for the body" style, since you get a chance to land a headshot for the 2nd-3rd bullet or so.
But i think this kind of aiming is not as predictable and efficient as the headshot one.
AN94 is crap indeed, i just accidentally killed 34919 people with it!
-
5th AN94 user on PC @ 2012 Jun 10th

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, April 20th 2012, 2:25pm

Lower initial recoil is better for semi auto and short bursts, lower overall recoil is better for full auto. Flash suppressor, HBar and suppressor affect the first shot recoil as well, but not the first shot multiplier.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

• "JamesDinA4" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, April 20th 2012, 2:29pm

Wow thanks a bunch to you all, knowing that the initial recoil works a s a multiplier for the overall vertical recoil makes things a lot more clear.