Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "WaltTMR" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 23rd 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, October 23rd 2013, 3:06am

In making a "Real Military Tactics" commentary, I plugged Symthic. Figured I should join after that.

Real Military Tactics - How To Optimize Weapons For Maps (BF3 Gameplay) Tactics, Tips,and Tricks - YouTube

I hope you guys like the content itself. I've been using this site for data for BLOPS2 and now BF3 and it never occurred to me till after I made a video plugging this site to join the forums. The data here is awesome.

I'm not here to kiss ass when I say that, I just really like having hard data and it's a pleasure to be in your company :)

Also, I'll totally take tips on how to improve my gameplay for YouTube. Let me know what's up, if you see any good or bad habits in the clips I link.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, October 23rd 2013, 11:01am

@WaltTMR
Welcome !

Simple Advices

If you wish to stay safe here as a youtuber here are some advices (peoples are a bit overreactive when we say youtuber and Symthic in the same sentence here ^^) :
- Always cite the sources, seems like common sense but it's always good to remind it. It's good for the community and allows peoples to go and search, check facts, interpret and discuss, thus thinking almost by themselves.
- Always ask the person that wrote a usefull and informative thread talking about a technical part of the game if he agrees with you taking it to youtube, and try to work with him/her/it to make it the best possible video. Again, cite sources ^^
- It is highly recommended to be absolutely sure about what you say, really. Peoples are listening to you, trusting your words, and so you have a duty to say it if you are not absolutely sure, that you think that something is that way or another. Don't, never, say things as if they were facts if the subject is still being discussed. Formulation like "as far as we know" are to be prefered.

If you follow those advices (that I consider as rule of thumbs) you should have great time here ^^

Some peoples are way better than me on the subject of author's respect and good use of material from Symthic on Youtube, never hesitate to ask.

EDIT:
@Autosynthesis
If anyone is ok I suggest a "Recommandation for Youtubers on how to use works from Symthic" thread. /EDIT

PS : some names are taboo (EXpro...).
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrT3a" (Oct 23rd 2013, 11:07am)

• "WaltTMR" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 23rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, October 23rd 2013, 6:31pm

Yeah, I've been citing Symthic in forums for ages. I'm a huge fan. By ages I mean like 6+ months haha.

But yeah man, that all sounds straight forward enough.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, December 12th 2013, 3:07pm

thanks for this....

Date of registration
: Oct 25th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, October 25th 2014, 8:08am

Rec

I have been wanting to join someone in a youtube vid for a long time but sadly I have the time nor the money to get the software needed