Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Gulrix" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 16th 2012, 4:41am

Is It Wrong to Use Broken Game Mechanics

Alot of things came and went with the new patch. Things that were broken before are now fixed and things that were fine before are now broken. I'm just curious as to what YOU think about using glitched/broken things in the game.

DEFIBRILLATION CULT
Got to colonel 100 legit...got reset. Guess i'm on the way back there again.
Message me on xbox (gt is Gulrix) if you wanna play with someone.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, April 16th 2012, 4:44am

Re: Is It Wrong to Use Broken Game Mechanics

Yes. It is wrong. If it was not wrong DICE would not be saying they will reset people for mav glitching.

Will it stop shotauke form abusing them? No. Will it make him and guys like him good at the game for abusing known issues? No. Will it make a difference at the end of the day? No cheaters will cheat.

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, April 16th 2012, 4:51am

its only wrong because enough pple had a cry about it another example hbar glitch with m26 i was using this combo pre patch and will continue to use it why because i use the hbar long range and m26 up close and i detest anyone saying parts or items are off limits due to there moral problems i go by this rule if its in the game its fair game everyone can do it a few crybabys wont bother me in the slightest and when the game gets nerfed into oblivion then we can blame people like you for it
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(611)

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, April 16th 2012, 4:52am

I heard Demize say that the best thing to do is to discreetly send them a message so the exploit doesn't spread. Well first this is unrealistic. Someone will always discover it and post it all of the web. Second it doesn't solve the problem which is poor QA and lack of beta servers.

A much better solution: Exploit the hell out of it. Make it so gamebreaking that people stop playing and Server admins throw in the towel. Sounds cruel but it's tough love. It's the only language the suits speak. You think Mass Effect 3 was going to get a new ending by itself? Nope. It took tens of thousands of customers yelping to get something done. Basically if you want a solution you have to make it as painful as possible for them to continue the status quo.

Date of registration
: Dec 27th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, April 16th 2012, 5:21am

Yes, it's wrong. It's called an exploit. An exploit is a form of cheating. All cheaters will make excuses for their cheating, try to justify their cheating, but in the end they're still cheaters. The map glitchers and the m26 hbar abusers make the same excuses the aimbotters and wallhackers make. Chances are if you find yourself making excuses at all then you already know you're doing something wrong.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, April 16th 2012, 5:39am

yes, using the M26 Dart with HBAR glitch is wrong, it's cheating, and you deserve to be sh*t on for it.
Progression - Digital_Veil_92 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Quoted from "xNikolai"

If you cant find pictures of it on google it doesnt exist.

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, April 16th 2012, 5:43am

so because dice fucked up my prefered set up im a glitcher and i shouldnt use it i dont think so ill use what i like since they also nerfed forgrip on certain guns i dont view it as cheating as i use that shot gun the way it was intended within 10 feet also before u call me a a hacker check my stats
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, April 16th 2012, 5:46am

It's an exploit, no different than glitching through walls or other similar glitches. Sadly it's too easy to abuse it unknowingly for anyone to be punished for it.

Edit : To the guy above me, why would anyone here call you an hacker?

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, April 16th 2012, 5:47am

I for one enjoyed MAV riding for the shi* and giggles. I didn't feel bad when it was gone though. Felt good actually.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Monday, April 16th 2012, 7:37am

Quoted from ""J35T3R""

its only wrong because enough pple had a cry about it another example hbar glitch with m26 i was using this combo pre patch and will continue to use it why because i use the hbar long range and m26 up close and i detest anyone saying parts or items are off limits due to there moral problems i go by this rule if its in the game its fair game everyone can do it a few crybabys wont bother me in the slightest and when the game gets nerfed into oblivion then we can blame people like you for it

just because I could cheat like you, doesn't mean I will. Why? because I am not a glitch exploiting cheater that thinks it's fun or acceptable to abuse the games problems.

You're knowingly using a gun that is rediculously over powered and unintentionally made this way and you think that means you aren't cheating because you're 'using it the way it was intended' ?? Not quite, it was never meant to do over 300 damage!

you could easily remove the underslung rail and be a good sport like the genuine fans of the M26 do, but no, you insist on using and exploiting it like everyone else who wants an easy ride.

My answer to the original post: I think it is totally wrong to use glitched and broken things in the game. people found intentionally doing so should have their stats wiped.

Anyone using the RPK 200 round mag is also exploiting a glitch.
Rather fond of mushrooms. 'just aim for the head'... yeah, not likely.

Platform: PS3 I am the great flag defender! 4300+ flag defends and counting!