Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "P4RDUS" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 26th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, January 26th 2015, 1:43pm

BF3 & BF4 noob needs some help (Protected Servers)

Hello Everybody,

i recently bought a new PC and finally i can play battlefield 3 and 4.

Before i have been playing Battlefield Play4Free a lot because my old computer could not run other battlefield games. Maybe some of you know me, i am Pardus_TR in Battlefield Play4Free.

Some BF Play4Free Servers were protected by T4G blacklist and it was a good way to keep servers clean. You could barely see a cheater in a T4G protected server. It is a shame that EAsy did not care about cheaters and T4G is down lately.

So is there any anticheat-stuff for BF3 and BF4 and how can i find these protected servers? I really do not want to play in a server full of hackers and glitchers.

Have a nice day
P4RDUS

Date of registration
: Aug 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, January 26th 2015, 2:14pm

BF3 is mainly protected by Punkbuster, and user-ran sites like Metabans, or BF4DB. It is pretty reliable, although cheaters can be seen.
BF4 is a whole another story with FairFight in the equation. FairFight is awesome, bans 99% of the glitchers and hackers. Very, very effective tool.
Hackintosh user, european player, suppressor lover.
Latest creation

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, January 26th 2015, 2:47pm

So yeah, punkbuster. While it works...in the long run. Often times hackers will just get kicked and not banned. However, there are two to three services that take note of players who get kicked and not banned by punkbuster for hacks. These are GGC, PPB, and (sorta) ACI.

There is no way to filter servers in the search that use these services but there is a plugin that will let you know if the server you selected is running any of them. First you gotta get Better Battlelog. Once it is installed on battlelog click the betterbattllog tab on the upper right and find plugin. Copy and paste this URL (http://getbblog.com/plugins/user/126727.js) into the empty text box. Now when browsing servers it will let you know what, if any services are running on that server.

All that being said, fare fight and punkbuster together are doing a great job. Hackers aren't as common has they were in BF3. Don't get me wrong, they are still around but FF forces them to play in such a way that if they were a bad player before hacks...they will still be a bad player with them.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, January 26th 2015, 3:23pm

Quoted

FairFight is awesome, bans 99% of the glitchers and hackers. Very, very effective tool.

Pfffft. If only you knew how easy it is to "bypass" :v. But sure, it helps quite a bit with public hacks.

Like element said, BF4 servers are quite clean even without 3rd party streaming services. PunkBuster and FF do good job and those streaming services deal with the rest. I can't recall seeing too many hackers during my ~350h of gameplay time, maybe fiveish that were 100% surely hackers.

Also AFAIK offical servers always have both on, while ranked servers seem to have at least one of them on. At least this is what I get by quickly scrolling through ranked/offical servers and checking for anti-cheats.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "P4RDUS" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 26th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 9:26am

Thank you for your answers guys :)

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, February 13th 2015, 3:46am

For the servers I help admin in BF3 we mostly use third party stuff, mainly I-Stats, Anti-Cheat Inc., and Cheat-O-Meter for moderating we have a couple dedicated in game admins but the main coarse is our Pro-Con Admin, which can monitor chat and ban from all our servers from just a little window. Other than that we have background stuff for auto-bans or kicks, but the bans are just for obvious shit and the kicks are for breaking rules like homophobic slurs. I am not sure about BF4, but the amount of hackers in BF3 is generally exaggerated although a big problem since the game went for free a couple months back and is only ~30 bucks for full game and premium.
Avatar credited to PlagueOfGripes YouTube animation "Tour Guide Nixon"

"We need some goats in sexy lingerie"- men of the wall