Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 9:57pm

Huu I just thought of something. Isn't one of the ways you obtain Battlepacks by levelling up? Now I don't know how many items are gonna be in the game or how many of those you get from Battlepacks (Or if I'm right in any of this) but doesn't that mean only 100 chances to get the Battlepack exclusive items?

Less than 100, maybe ~40, because only some ranks give battlepacks (3, 5, 7, 10, ...). After colonel, you have to go to assignments to get more useless stuff.

Quoted from "The Battlefield Blog"

Even if you hit the Colonel 100 Rank milestone, there are still new items to collect – we’re adding high-end Assignments that are only attemptable by high-rank characters, with unique rewards...

@R
It is retarded (redundant) to have two overlapping numbering systems for a single 'variable'. Rank = 1...145, Colonel = 1...100, where after Rank 45, only the Colonel number is relevant and the Rank itself not.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "3VerstsNorth" (Oct 20th 2013, 10:07pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 10:06pm

Great, spending the vast majority of your levelling with the same icon was super cheap.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 10:30pm

Great, spending the vast majority of your levelling with the same icon was super cheap.

Well... You're still stuck with pretty much the same rank image for several levels except that there's just a varying number of stars beneath it...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 10:43pm

Well... You're still stuck with pretty much the same rank image for several levels except that there's just a varying number of stars beneath it...

I count 11 different icons for the last 50 levels. That's a pretty big improvements from 1 icon for 99 levels, in my opinion.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 10:52pm

I approve of the lack of 1-45 then 1-100. That was retarded.

I disagree. Once you become a colonel, you still need to grind to become a shitbucket, which is much better in the long run
What? It's probably going to be the same amount of points, just a less retarded structure.

I still don't get how its a "retarded" structure. Explain it to me pls
1-45, then 1-100. That doesn't make logical sense in my opinion.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 10:59pm

I approve of the lack of 1-45 then 1-100. That was retarded.

I disagree. Once you become a colonel, you still need to grind to become a shitbucket, which is much better in the long run
What? It's probably going to be the same amount of points, just a less retarded structure.

I still don't get how its a "retarded" structure. Explain it to me pls
1-45, then 1-100. That doesn't make logical sense in my opinion.

Its not 1-45 then 1-100
its 1-145, just 45-145 is the colonels

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 20th 2013, 11:20pm

I count 11 different icons for the last 50 levels. That's a pretty big improvements from 1 icon for 99 levels, in my opinion.

Well.... BF3 had 20 icons for the main 44 levels and basically 10 for the after game 100 levels (it's slightly more than just slapping on stars on top).... Now it looks like you'll have 10 for the main 50 levels and then 11 for the after game 50 levels

Sure they're a bit more unique this time since they spread it out more, but an overall improvement? For all we know you might be stuck with the level 100 icon when you'd only be ~col 50 BF3 along with several more icons :>

The game is basically done at lvl 50 either way so it was pretty appropriate to cut the meaningful ranks there.. This new system could even make casual players feel less worth because they're not even an officer despite playing the entire unlock game. That's the feeling I got from BF2 etc where I'm still just a first sergeant or something despite putting in tons of hours

The grinding game was after the game was done, now it kinda starts right away and never really goes away :>

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, October 21st 2013, 1:11pm

Huu I just thought of something. Isn't one of the ways you obtain Battlepacks by levelling up? Now I don't know how many items are gonna be in the game or how many of those you get from Battlepacks (Or if I'm right in any of this) but doesn't that mean only 100 chances to get the Battlepack exclusive items?

Less than 100, maybe ~40, because only some ranks give battlepacks (3, 5, 7, 10, ...). After colonel, you have to go to assignments to get more useless stuff.

I thought Battlepacks were tied to XP, so that even after level 100 the XP you earned would get you battlepacks. Either way, I don't think we have to worry about never getting attachment x: either DICE have made it so that rank 100 = you have everything (except stuff from assignments) or they have made it so you can get battlepacks even after rank 100.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "tinynerdude" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, October 21st 2013, 1:19pm

Needs 100 more ranks of awesome

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, October 21st 2013, 1:47pm

I thought Battlepacks were tied to XP, so that even after level 100 the XP you earned would get you battlepacks. Either way, I don't think we have to worry about never getting attachment x: either DICE have made it so that rank 100 = you have everything (except stuff from assignments) or they have made it so you can get battlepacks even after rank 100.

Ah, see that sounds alright. I thought it was just 'Level 100 now, fuck your green laser' :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!