Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Oct 17th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 5:47pm

Something that really helped me improve my aim with the AN94 was switching from the Holo to the RDS sight (not the Kobra). For the 1st year of playing the game I preferred the US holo because of the higher magnification, however after trying the RDS sight I realized that it is (or feels) a lot more accurate. The lesser magnification also means that you can fire a lot faster (when needed) because of the reduced visual recoil. I suggest using the HB (no FG), underslung and RDS as your setup.

I'm still a legit noob so not giving any advices here but: IMHO Holo > RDS and then, 3.4x has advantages over Holo specifically because of the visual recoil. The recoil is the same regardless of sights: a greater magnification just shows the recoil with greater visual fidelity and allows you to better appreciate where exactly you're pointing with the gun. (Gero2013: And also facilitates getting the single-click headshots when needed like 21.18, 21.28, and maybe 25.52 in your vid (nice gameplay btw!)).
With your logic, the 6x scope is the best option, since the fidelity is even higher. Perceived visual recoil is important (at least on console - here we go again). Also for the vast majority of your gunfights, i.e. up to 50 metres, you don't need a higher magnification. The only advantage the holo (or any other higher magnification sight) has over the rds the fact that you can spot at longer ranges, and you can just shoot the red dorito. I had 150 SS with the holo and I have 100S since I switched to the RDS and the difference in performance is huge.

No, 6x is obviously out of the question because of losing in short/mid-range prowess that already the 3.4x is threatening. But, hear hear, I'll collect some statistics and get back to the topic, maybe RDS would suit me too. Do you feel that you can rapidly acquire the aim with RDS to targets in the >100 m ranges (say from Noshahr railroad to the crane, dunno how far that is) or would you rather move closer and shoot then? Sure < 50 m one doesn't need magnification, but well beyond 100 m, I feel like being unable to see shit with irons/rds...
The question is, how many times do you need to shoot someone at 100m. Yes the holo would be more suitable, the 3.4x even more. But given that 90% and more of your gunfights are within 50m the RDS is more suitable. And if your target is spotted (either by you nor someone else), you can hit your target with the RDS without a problem. Typical example would be Metro from under the escalators (back stairs) you can easily take down targets on the C flag with 4-5 bursts. And that's 70-80m.
Check out my youtube channel for BF3 tips https://www.youtube.com/user/GranadaDeFumasa

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 6:05pm

Something that really helped me improve my aim with the AN94 was switching from the Holo to the RDS sight (not the Kobra). For the 1st year of playing the game I preferred the US holo because of the higher magnification, however after trying the RDS sight I realized that it is (or feels) a lot more accurate. The lesser magnification also means that you can fire a lot faster (when needed) because of the reduced visual recoil. I suggest using the HB (no FG), underslung and RDS as your setup.

I'm still a legit noob so not giving any advices here but: IMHO Holo > RDS and then, 3.4x has advantages over Holo specifically because of the visual recoil. The recoil is the same regardless of sights: a greater magnification just shows the recoil with greater visual fidelity and allows you to better appreciate where exactly you're pointing with the gun. (Gero2013: And also facilitates getting the single-click headshots when needed like 21.18, 21.28, and maybe 25.52 in your vid (nice gameplay btw!)).
With your logic, the 6x scope is the best option, since the fidelity is even higher. Perceived visual recoil is important (at least on console - here we go again). Also for the vast majority of your gunfights, i.e. up to 50 metres, you don't need a higher magnification. The only advantage the holo (or any other higher magnification sight) has over the rds the fact that you can spot at longer ranges, and you can just shoot the red dorito. I had 150 SS with the holo and I have 100S since I switched to the RDS and the difference in performance is huge.

No, 6x is obviously out of the question because of losing in short/mid-range prowess that already the 3.4x is threatening. But, hear hear, I'll collect some statistics and get back to the topic, maybe RDS would suit me too. Do you feel that you can rapidly acquire the aim with RDS to targets in the >100 m ranges (say from Noshahr railroad to the crane, dunno how far that is) or would you rather move closer and shoot then? Sure < 50 m one doesn't need magnification, but well beyond 100 m, I feel like being unable to see shit with irons/rds...
The question is, how many times do you need to shoot someone at 100m. Yes the holo would be more suitable, the 3.4x even more. But given that 90% and more of your gunfights are within 50m the RDS is more suitable. And if your target is spotted (either by you nor someone else), you can hit your target with the RDS without a problem. Typical example would be Metro from under the escalators (back stairs) you can easily take down targets on the C flag with 4-5 bursts. And that's 70-80m.

Fair enough. It's a pity that kill distances (or even better, killer-victim locations) are not available in the kill stats.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 7:26pm

There's always the option of bringing the '44 Scoped to the party. Align it on the target sniper, switch to AN without changing your aiming point, pop 4-5 bursts, done.

The Holo is the best optic on paper but the psychological effect of the circle makes it hard to use on the AN for people picking it up for the first time and the horrible hit registration associated with it makes it hard to use over time. I'd use the Holo if I could, don't get me wrong, but I can't because it removes a lot of consistency from the gun.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Oct 17th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 7:32pm

There's always the option of bringing the '44 Scoped to the party. Align it on the target sniper, switch to AN without changing your aiming point, pop 4-5 bursts, done.

The Holo is the best optic on paper but the psychological effect of the circle makes it hard to use on the AN for people picking it up for the first time and the horrible hit registration associated with it makes it hard to use over time. I'd use the Holo if I could, don't get me wrong, but I can't because it removes a lot of consistency from the gun.
So you're using the RDS? Also I never thought of using the magnum 3.4 scope for spotting and lining up your shot. I prefer the G18 suppressed just because of the ease of use
Check out my youtube channel for BF3 tips https://www.youtube.com/user/GranadaDeFumasa

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 7:53pm

Yeah, I use the RDS most of the time, but in sniper-heavy servers I occasionally bring out the PK-A. I primarily use either the M1911 Supp or G18 Supp since the AN/M26 combo is dominant at all ranges, I just need a pistol that lets me flank. But the '44 Scoped/Reflex combo was one that I used a lot for my first dozen or so SS.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 12:09am

Scope choice really comes down to how well you can see the target. If you have trouble seeing targets with low power scopes, use a HOLO, 3.4x or even 4x scope. If you have no trouble spotting targets at range, stick to the lower zoom RDS. I myself can't see shit with an RDS or HOLO past medium range and if I do spot a target, there is no way I will be accurate.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,360)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 8:00am

The Holo is the best optic on paper but [snip] the horrible hit registration associated with it makes it hard to use over time. I'd use the Holo if I could, don't get me wrong, but I can't because it removes a lot of consistency from the gun.

This is Bullshit, there's no "horrible hit registration" associated with a SCOPE of any kind, the scopes couldn't possibly have that sort of impact, they alter FoV/zoom/sensitivity not netcode, and even if they could/did, you'd have to design some sort of test to demonstrate the truth of the claim, and then actually test it.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Darktan13" (Sep 11th 2013, 8:26am)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 2:35pm

I have no troubles outsniping crane campers on Noshar from Trains to the Crane with RDS...

Btw: were you active in the official Homefront Forum back in the day? Somehow your name seems familiar. I think I remember you from a thread how overpowered the shotgun was or something.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 2:38pm

I have no troubles outsniping crane campers on Noshar from Trains to the Crane with RDS...

Ok, we'll see soon if I can do the same. :huh:
Btw: were you active in the official Homefront Forum back in the day? Somehow your name seems familiar. I think I remember you from a thread how overpowered the shotgun was or something.

No, must be someone else. Symthic is the only forum I'm following atm.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

bboypaktailo

Ruining people's shows since 2014

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 2:45pm

Never mind this. Delete this post pl0x

I'm only proud of my BF3 stats. I've barely played BF4.
I am a proud member of the Church of The One True Tohsaka. Our one and only Goddess!

Spoiler Spoiler

Starting the usual old members style of putting random quotes in signatures
You go up to a girl and say you're part of the most elite Battlefield 3 forum.
instasex.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

How to fix hitreg:
1. Go to server browser
2. Join 3rd world country server with 40000000 ping
3. Enjoy

Spoiler Spoiler

And.... I banged the fucking computer box yet again last night.... She had moved it a bit, but not to a better spot <.<

WAT. YOU BANGED IT?

All those open ports where just too much temptation for him...

Now this section is woowee special. This, is when DaRubester is drunk.
I think I should sacrifice part of my sigs just for when Rube is drunk.

DOOOIT MANG. ILL REP U NBRO

Currently playing: Dota 2, CS:GO
Playing on PS2 Emulator: Suikoden series