Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, April 8th 2013, 4:50pm

I do! That game was the shit. I wholeheartedly agree. That was a great way to add a bit of realism. Although it could get very frustrating when every enemy went out of their way to execute you, which was not always the case.

It does make more sense, and I would like to see it in BF4.

I remember that too. Sometimes I would get wounded and slide down a valley and the enemy would take 5 minutes to come down and personally put a bullet in my head. I really would love to see this be implemented in BF4.

I must be missing something. You want to lay wounded for 5 minutes until someone finishes you off, or a wandering medic comes by and revives you?

Yeah, maybe it adds realism, but I'm not seeing the add to playability and enjoyment. In what way does this make the game better?
Swyck

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, April 8th 2013, 7:16pm

Very nice idea, very impossible in BF...

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Monday, April 8th 2013, 8:30pm

Now, feel free to verbally insult me for being pessimistic..but how does this improve the game?

If anything, this just makes you more reliant on idiots and will cause nothing but more frustration

• "insurrectiveSatyr" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 25th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, April 8th 2013, 8:31pm

I do! That game was the shit. I wholeheartedly agree. That was a great way to add a bit of realism. Although it could get very frustrating when every enemy went out of their way to execute you, which was not always the case.

It does make more sense, and I would like to see it in BF4.

I remember that too. Sometimes I would get wounded and slide down a valley and the enemy would take 5 minutes to come down and personally put a bullet in my head. I really would love to see this be implemented in BF4.

I must be missing something. You want to lay wounded for 5 minutes until someone finishes you off, or a wandering medic comes by and revives you?

Yeah, maybe it adds realism, but I'm not seeing the add to playability and enjoyment. In what way does this make the game better?

You can tap out any time you want! And you won't lay there five minutes, the bleed time cold be the several seconds of BF3, or the minute or so of MAG. I think 30 would work, but its another one of those things that could be developed/finetuned/etc. And its not for realism, in reality, you are most likely dead. This is about game mechanics. This stops the medic train, you can still instantly heal somone, like in mag, you just shot them with a syringe and they were able to get up.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 8th 2013, 8:46pm

Now, feel free to verbally insult me for being pessimistic..but how does this improve the game?

If anything, this just makes you more reliant on idiots and will cause nothing but more frustration

It suppresses to some extent, the ridiculous medic trains. If you have three guys in a hallway, and a grenade goes off directly under them or they line up and take a .50 or they get nailed by a tank, they are 2xdead, theyre not getting back up again, they must respawn. Lets say they are shot with just enough to kill them. If someone comes along, he can immediately rescusitate ONE. Now, he can also get up and bring back another, but the first medic will have to wait atleast a few seconds to bring back the thrid man. All the while, they will also lay there and squirm/bleed out, the enemy can put them down. There would be then both Kills, and Incaps. Both could have a register and points, or just Incap, I don't know, this thing is fully drafted for anyones review, like I said in the initial post, its developable, its debatable, it could work just like in MAG.

You're already relying on idiots to resuscitate you the normal way, this just alters the conditions for your revival. Major frustration stems from medic trains, this is universally acknowledgeable, even if you personally don't mind. This will reduce it. IF you don't want someone to get back up again, you hold the trigger for an extra 2-3 shots or just shoot him where he lies. Revival won't be instantly executable, it will take about 1 second for the option to be available, which will be either paddles or a syringe. From there, its just like battlefield, you just get up.

Now that I think this further, this would help with unwanted revivals as well. You just tap out before he can heal you, and respawn normally.

That's how it could improve the game. When we compare this method, and the regular method, I think the regular is quite archaic in the same way that the vehicle entry/exit is, as was discussed in another thread.

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, April 8th 2013, 10:36pm

You're already relying on idiots to resuscitate you the normal way, this just alters the conditions for your revival. Major frustration stems from medic trains, this is universally acknowledgeable, even if you personally don't mind. This will reduce it. IF you don't want someone to get back up again, you hold the trigger for an extra 2-3 shots or just shoot him where he lies. Revival won't be instantly executable, it will take about 1 second for the option to be available, which will be either paddles or a syringe. From there, its just like battlefield, you just get up.

Now that I think this further, this would help with unwanted revivals as well. You just tap out before he can heal you, and respawn normally.

That's how it could improve the game. When we compare this method, and the regular method, I think the regular is quite archaic in the same way that the vehicle entry/exit is, as was discussed in another thread.

Just watch that FC2 video I posted a bit.

In FC2 MP if you were shot so that you were incapacitated you would show up to your teammates as needing a revive and the enemy would just see you drop to a knee ( this would be a problem in bf because in FC2 there was no prone). If they wanted to finish you they would keep firing, usually not that many shots and in most gun fights, especially at close range, the loser of the fight would die immediately.

In BF, imagine if a person left with less than 10% after a gunfight was revivable, but dying would make you unreviveable.

Also important in FC2 was the option to give up and just die. You didn't have to wait for the revive.

Come to think of it, Brink used a system like this too. Watch as this guy gets shot and see the respawn timer going while he waits to be revived. He can choose just to die and the timer will go quicker.

http://youtu.be/Dr-8jzvxHXk?t=3m15s

Date of registration
: Jan 13th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 2:25am

Can i have some feedback on my idea please?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 5:42am

How about it is just like it is now, except whatever class has defibs will have to perform a 3 second animation of standing over the guy and using the defibs twice, failing the first time and suceeding the second time? This would stop the spam of revives. People will not want to be still with no weapon for 3 seconds to revive some guy while five tanks are in front of them. It also could make it so that it takes more time to revive the five guys you JUST killed. But, revives could be worth 150-200 points, and more for a squad revive.
Essentially, reviving won't just be a way to get points. But, of course, we would have to give the Medic class good guns for balance, maybe some rapid-firing submachine guns or something.
Oh, and headshots and knife kill victims cannot be revived.

No, I don't want a locking animation like the knife thing I'd rather just have the 3 second charge time. The knifing anim already gets wierd sometimes, its not too reliable. Same application, different conditions.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 12:05pm

Can i have some feedback on my idea please?

Essentially similar to what I said, basically revives shouldn't be instant they should take a bit extra to do and you reduce the revive train.

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 12:32pm

The revive mechanic of coop or a CoD revive mechanic would be nice, as well as certain types of deaths, like head shots with a particular caliber, etc. This would alleviate at least some of the rage against the assault class.