Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

• "elementofprgress" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 8:54am

And stupid me just realized, that mega.co.nz only offers 10GB bandwidth per month. Damn.

Anyone know a nice file host that does NOT limit your bandwidth?

Oh boy. I will have to adapt to this circumstance.
I will use WavPack (lossless too) for:

Weapons, Vehicles, Explosions, Effects.

And I will see what I do with the rest. I am not a voice over/character sounds guy.
Dropbox? :-/

Both do. That was really my issue. At one point I had everything on dropbox. My Dropbox account ended up being suspended for the longest time because of all the bandwith I ended up taking up. Really the ultimate solution is a torrents + seed box. However seed boxs cost money.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Nov 24th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 12:50pm

Oh well, Mega.co.nz will have to do for now. I will use MultiUpload to distribute the files around other hosters. Many people these days have a file host account. :)

Multichannel has been mixed down to stereo, mono has been mixed stereo BUT with right channel empty. I could not find a way to keep it mono but I prefer one empty channel to save space. Anyone who edits sound knows, it is no problem to make a stereo sample mono and the other way around. :)

For now I have split up the audio into 2 packs.

Primary - Weapons, Explosions, Vehicles, Bullets etc. No soldier/level/music stuff.
Primary DOWNLOAD (about 300MB)

TheRest - the rest. :) (It is about 6 GB)
The Rest 1
The Rest 2
The Rest 3
The Rest 4
The Rest 5
The Rest 6
The Rest 7

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Behemoth1702" (Dec 13th 2014, 1:11pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 11th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 12:04am

seed the torrent please

Hello people! I'm doing a project for film school, where I need to create a soundtrack from scratch to an already existing video and I need a couple of sound effects like breaking glass, suppressed gunshots and footsteps which are really great in Battlefield 3 and otherwise very expensive if I were to obtain them from normal sound libraries.

To all people of good will, please SEED the .torrent (the one linked in elementofprgress' initial post) and help out an aspiring sound engineer! :) I've already got 30% but whoever's seeding it is not very consistent in it, and my project is due to next tuesday and I've still got a lot of work with it.
Thank you all in advance and happy gaming and I hope to see you on the battlefields of BF3!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "olpajmistrz" (Sep 12th 2015, 1:48am)

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, September 12th 2015, 10:30am

Hello people! I'm doing a project for film school, where I need to create a soundtrack from scratch to an already existing video and I need a couple of sound effects like breaking glass, suppressed gunshots and footsteps which are really great in Battlefield 3 and otherwise very expensive if I were to obtain them from normal sound libraries. To all people of good will, please SEED the .torrent (the one linked in elementofprgress' initial post) and help out an aspiring sound engineer! :) I've already got 30% but whoever's seeding it is not very consistent in it, and my project is due to next tuesday and I've still got a lot of work with it. Thank you all in advance and happy gaming and I hope to see you on the battlefields of BF3!
To be honest I thought myself(and maybe Kraze(SP?)) was the sole seeder. Unfortunately the torrent is long gone from my computer. However I think I posted it on a few public trackers back in the day so who ever is left seeding it could be a totally random person, bot, seed box who might not even have the full torrent to seed.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 12:27am

Is it possible to extract them from the game myself then? Is it a lot of work? Is it possible to do on my own?

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 13th 2015, 2:36am

Is it possible to extract them from the game myself then? Is it a lot of work? Is it possible to do on my own?

It is possible to do it yourself. Depending on you knowledge/experience with python it is either confusing and somewhat difficult or crazy simple. Either way it does take a little bit of time for the scripts to do there thing. Like a couple of hours of letting things run in the background. If your interested send me a PM or preferably add my on skype. Skype: elementofprgress

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 14th 2015, 12:58pm

Thank you for your feedback and concern for me, but I've finished downloading yesterday, so I'm fine for now, and this pack is awesome! I might share the outcome after I've finished unless someone takes the video down for copyright, we'll see. Thanks again and take care!

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, September 14th 2015, 4:22pm

Hello people! I'm doing a project for film school, where I need to create a soundtrack from scratch to an already existing video and I need a couple of sound effects like breaking glass, suppressed gunshots and footsteps which are really great in Battlefield 3 and otherwise very expensive if I were to obtain them from normal sound libraries.

To all people of good will, please SEED the .torrent (the one linked in elementofprgress' initial post) and help out an aspiring sound engineer! :) I've already got 30% but whoever's seeding it is not very consistent in it, and my project is due to next tuesday and I've still got a lot of work with it.
Thank you all in advance and happy gaming and I hope to see you on the battlefields of BF3!
Make the sounds yourself, if you get found stealing sound effects from copyrighted sources without permission, at least in the UK you'll probably get chucked off your course.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 14th 2015, 11:25pm

Make the sounds yourself, if you get found stealing sound effects from copyrighted sources without permission, at least in the UK you'll probably get chucked off your course.

I actually looked into stuff like this when I first started extracting textures and audio and such. IF I remember correctly, as long has you aren't using the stuff to generate profit it is okay you won't get in trouble. Unless you manage to make tons of money and something from the game is used. Then you might end up owing EA/DICE some money lol I would just make sure to credit EA/DICE because the textures, audio, etc extracted from the files still belongs to them. Really the worse I can imagine ever happening is someone getting a cease and desist letter. However I've seen numerous successful projects, mods for other games, audio used for film projects, etc and never seen EA/DICE step in and stop it.

Unless UK has odder/worse copyright laws then the USA?

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 3:25am

Unless UK has odder/worse copyright laws then the USA?
It's not a matter of copyright, it's a matter of the institution likely considering it plagiarism to submit the work of others for your own project, unless they explicitly state you can do it, probably not worth the risk.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.