Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 2:24pm

I'm pretty sure BC2 vietnam featured peripheral FOV on sniper scopes.

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 5:27pm

The peripheral vision is too wide... I'd use it with at least a 16:10 display, preferably 4:3 though, would keep all the muck inside the scope rather than on a dizzying glob outside the image... Also, it might be a good idea to add some blur to the peripheral area, would make it easier on the eyes too.

Agree that the problem is how wide is the peripheral view, I personally would place it a lot closer to the screen and fill some "gaps" with the lens cover, not sure how very FoV sensible players would feel (specially on PC) even with a small portion of the peripheral screen visible but a bit of blur hopefully would do the trick, the bad thing is how much resources it would take to render 2 screens and a blur filter on top of that, just like some doods mentioned above...

My Sniping experience on Insurgency, too much FoV inconsistency for my brain to handle even though I still like the ideia:

Spoiler Spoiler

Like the post from Immortal, with a low-power scope it looks the tits (again, not sure about how FoV sensible players would feel), I never liked zoom-in feature on 1x optics (ADS with iron sights or reflex/holo), this is how I aways wanted to differenciate the reflex sights from magnifying optics such as Acog/Aimpoint

I'm pretty sure BC2 vietnam featured peripheral FOV on sniper scopes.

On Vietnam Dlc the sniper scope had only one FoV so the whole screen would zoom-in when going ADS pretty much like an ACOG (actually all optics including Iron Sights)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Maveco" (Apr 3rd 2013, 5:33pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 6:34pm

Quoted

On Vietnam Dlc the sniper scope had only one FoV so the whole screen would zoom-in when going ADS pretty much like an ACOG (actually all optics including Iron Sights)

Yea going back to the Dlc I can see that now, it was a faux difference.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gauss H2K" (Apr 3rd 2013, 6:41pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 7:40pm

The peripheral vision is too wide... I'd use it with at least a 16:10 display, preferably 4:3 though, would keep all the muck inside the scope rather than on a dizzying glob outside the image... Also, it might be a good idea to add some blur to the peripheral area, would make it easier on the eyes too.

Agree that the problem is how wide is the peripheral view, I personally would place it a lot closer to the screen and fill some "gaps" with the lens cover, not sure how very FoV sensible players would feel (specially on PC) even with a small portion of the peripheral screen visible but a bit of blur hopefully would do the trick, the bad thing is how much resources it would take to render 2 screens and a blur filter on top of that, just like some doods mentioned above...

I discussed this with my father.

Basically the best way to render this, for a high zoom scope is as follows: (Look at image in attachment)

Render the green and the red area, the black area does not have to be rendered, then scale up the red area to fill the area the scope has inside it. The fact that you are rendering both off of the same scene keeps the processing required to a minimum, also you are rendering the same amount (if not less) pixels in the scene. Basically the red area is rendered with the PoV "closer" to the models, then put in the scope.

Hope you understood :P I'm not making much sense at all :cursing:
Gorbaz The Dragon has attached the following file:
  • scope render.png (13.11 kB - 4 times downloaded - latest: Apr 7th 2013, 2:59pm)
Finesse

You do not have it.

Sleeper case...

[email protected]
Noctua NH-U14s

Asus Z97-I plus
2x8GB DDR3-1866

eVGA GTX 670 blower, can't remember what edition
Assortment of HDDs and SSDs
Silverstone SFX 600w