Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "swyck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 1:48pm

End Game dirt bikes and friendly fire

Anyone else having a problem telling what side a dirt bike's riders may be on? My friends have also commented on this so I don't think its just me. The friend or foe Dorito seems smaller than usual, and since I usually play hardcore that has led to me inflicting more team kills than usual.

Short term they need to make it more noticeable. Larger would help.

As a long term solution, how about you can see your team players all in one color, e.g. light blue or green, instead of the cammo colors? The enemy is whatever their cammo is. That would solve recognition issues. OK that may be too garish, so you can be more subtle than that, but I'm not really for the game being so realistic that you can't tell if someone's on your side or not. That's not an actual fun feature. There are solutions, e.g. team based trim colors. Better FOF Dorito's can help though I'm not a Dorito fan (except for eating of course).
Swyck

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 3:35pm

I'm having more trouble spotting the bastards when they jump off... It's like they teleport backwards or something making it look like they're continuing on but then they appear behind your back...

But yeah, it's a bit hard to tell the difference, though the minimap is pretty obvious

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 3:37pm

I'm having more trouble spotting the bastards when they jump off... It's like they teleport backwards or something making it look like they're continuing on but then they appear behind your back...

But yeah, it's a bit hard to tell the difference, though the minimap is pretty obvious

I agree, it seems they just press E and POOF, they disappear from the bike and re apear 5 meters behind it

Date of registration
: Sep 22nd 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 3:46pm

I wish and i hope in the Battlefield 4 that the character models are more different when compared to the other team. Especially since the recon class looks similar on both teams. As for the bikes well always use the minimap and maybe put an optic on your gun.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, March 17th 2013, 9:10pm

the icon for the bikes is really small and it very hard to tell if someone on a bike is friendly or foe.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, March 25th 2013, 12:45am

On HC, get teamkilled a lot. I think it's because the nametag is underneath, rather than overhead.

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 7:25pm

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This right here. I've noticed the damn blue icon is below the teammate and practically below the bike itself, so you usually don't see it when they come roaring up a hill or something. Not playing hardcore, I haven't TK'd anyone, but I have definitely show at teammates because of it. Frustrating.
Something cool should go here.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 7:39pm

I am not a HC player, but I think that the player models are the best give away of friendly/enemy.

Sure, when taking a split second decision while your mind is on 'auto' isn't the best time to look at the player models, but given the identification dori to is hardly visible...

And there are also trolls on HC who like to sit in vehicles disabled by you, bam triple TK.

Never again
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 8:34pm

I am not a HC player, but I think that the player models are the best give away of friendly/enemy.

Sure, when taking a split second decision while your mind is on 'auto' isn't the best time to look at the player models, but given the identification dori to is hardly visible...

And there are also trolls on HC who like to sit in vehicles disabled by you, bam triple TK.

Never again

And then there are teammates who use camo's (especially spec ops on US) who look like the enemy so you're fucked either way ;>

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again