Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, April 26th 2013, 8:56pm

Strange things I do with keys:

I popped off my ~Tilde key since i literally do not use it for anything and I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have accidentally hit it resulting in several embarrassing moments including standing in front of an oncoming enemy AAMTrack while he casually (and slowly) crawled right over the top of me while trollololol-ing in chat about my dumb ass. So... yeah.

I moved my toggle primary to Q and spot to tab because i could give f*ck about the scoreboard... OK well I do care, but even though I'm typically middle to top on my K/D depresses me so much that I don't care to see it to often. I moved scoreboard to F12 since I really only check while dead anyways.

I have all of my gadget toggles and underslung on my scroll wheel. It feels natural to me to roll forward when hurling a bag out at someone (ammo/medic) and rolling backward to bring "up" my rockets/grenade launcher. "Scroll forward to throw down, scroll back to whip up" I dunno some sort of weird mnemonic thing I do.

Grenade is on the mouse now since I got tired of removing fences and windows with grenades (who really thought it was a good idea for ME to have my knife and greande buttons right next to there?!?)

Oh and I put knife key on backspace just to have it bound to a key, but when I need it I either fast swipe with F or press and hold F and my guy will bring it out.

For Bipod I moved it to the interact key (E) since you will likely never need to interact with something and deploy your bipod at the same time... well I dunno unless maybe you are laying down and arming an M-Com LOL? Works like a charm for me and it's easy to get to.

Since I can get to just about most anything with the toggles in one or two buttons I switched my vehicle seats to 1 through 6 instead of the function keys.

There's probably other odd things I do as well, but have forgotten. :P

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,624)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 5:32am

when not noted, assume default.

space is switch to seat 1 in vehicles.
F is switch seat in vehicles.
E is optics ( zoom for gunners seat in tanks/IFVs/attack helis/ect ) and also freelook in heli/jet pilot seats
Q is 3rd person view
Tab is enter/exit vehicle
Capslock is scoreboard
mouse3 is switch to MAV/RPG/320/T-UGS
mouse4 is switch vehicle weapon and switch to gadget one
mouse5 is use countermeasures and prone
CTRL is crouch
Right mouse click is ADS and spot
Toggle minimap type I unbound completely.
Expand minimap is M, and I run it expanded 100% of the time, regardless of if I'm on foot or not.

Probably other stuff too, but I forget.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Darktan13" (Apr 27th 2013, 7:10am)

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 7:07am

mouse4 is switch vehicle weapon and switch to gadget one
mouse4 is use countermeasures and prone
I take it you meant mouse5, otherwise you'd deploy smoke every time you changed to HMG/LMG and you'd switch to gadget one every time you went prone.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 4:39am

The only non-standard bind I use is changing deploy bipod to the thumb button on my mouse.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 6:45am

WADS - Movement
E - Interact
C - Toggle Crouch
LSHIFT - HOLD Sprint
LCTRL - Toggle Prone
T - Tactical Light & Deploy Bipod
Down - HOLD Crouch
Mouse Wheel Down - Melee Attack
Countermeasures - CTRL
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 7:08am

Controller Bindings

Right Stick - Pitch/Yaw
Left Stick - Roll
Click Left Stick - Minimap Size + Minimap Zoom.
Click Right Stick - Third Person Cam + Vehicle Seat 1
Right Trigger - Throttle Up
Left Trigger - Throttle Down
Right Bumper - Countermeasures
Left Bumper - Fire Weapon
A - Next Seat
B - Enter/Exit Vehicle
X - Reload
Y - Switch Weapons
Back - Spot
Start - Menu
D-Pad - Freelook
Push-to-Talk - Pedal

Pitch and Yaw go together on the right stick because it makes aiming really easy.

Minimap Size and Zoom bound to one button isn't as awkward as it sounds. One click changes map size, a double click changes zoom without changing size. It's quick to adjust, and convenient on a controller with limited buttons.

Clicking the right stick in any seat but the pilot seat puts me in the pilot seat. Useful for doing the double switch restart when repping myself. A, rep, RS, A, RS, fly. Also useful when seat swapping for double countermeasures. Another double duty button, once I'm in the pilot seat it toggles 3rd person.

Rather than the awkward default freelook controls that don't even work on PC, I have freelook bound to the D-Pad only. I just press the direction I want to look. I don't have much precise control over it, but it's good enough for quick checks in different directions.

And the PTT pedal. For a while I had PTT bound to click LS, but that gave me hand cramps from holding it down all the time. Since there weren't any other convenient buttons left on the controller, I jury-rigged a pedal to do the job. Comfortable, and doesn't interfere with any other controls.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Vaanhala

VaanGogh

(115)

Date of registration
: Jan 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 7:50am

I have actually no freaking idea of my keybindings... Musclememory ftw!

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 11:28am

I use my mouse with my left hand and move with arrow keys, so pretty much every setting has been changed to make it better to handle (such as throw grenade with DEL, reload with END and Rcntrl for crouch and Rshift for sprint)
I'm unique :)

InternationalGamer

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 11:42am

I use my mouse with my left hand and move with arrow keys, so pretty much every setting has been changed to make it better to handle (such as throw grenade with DEL, reload with END and Rcntrl for crouch and Rshift for sprint)

Are you left handed so you use this setup, or right handed and just prefer this setup?

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 11:49am

Are you left handed so you use this setup, or right handed and just prefer this setup?

I'm right handed but I grew with this way of using a computer and playing.