Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Dagwood_Dawg" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 10th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 1:58am

Need help idenifying mechanic.

Jordyps first vid :) - YouTube

How is this person making it so that after they have mag dumped or burst fired with recoil compensation (ie pulling the mouse against the recoil) that their cross hair doesn't move at all due to the compensation.

Here is a second video where someone has tried to replicate this. The first part is from the first video followed by a slow motion replay of the first part of the first video, another person attempts to replicate this but is unsuccessful as their cross hair moves after their mag dump. The first person doesn't move at all, its perfect.

BF3 Things that make you go hmmmmmmm........ - YouTube

What do you guys think, how could he be doing this?

PS sorry if this is in the wrong section.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dagwood_Dawg" (Mar 10th 2013, 5:09am) with the following reason: Original might have seemed like a video montage but this is more about fair play.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 9:00am

That's just rock solid when he descopes... The only thing I can see doing that is a no recoil hack tbh :| You can counter that recoil decrease you get when you stop firing or reload, but not that perfectly.

2nd one - possible with just prefiring + lag etc, you were pretty exposed and obvious standing there in the middle

3rd - He must have seen you on the minimap killing that guy outside + running in, so he checked the door and then snapped to the corner. Really hard to clear that place on your own so you have to snap quickly. Looks even worse because BF3's player model is a bit slow to react to player movements sometimes. At least he didn't kill you :> (you had plenty of time to react while he barely finished his snap)

Last - Errm yeah, you have a habit of standing up once you start firing there, exposing a lot of your body to fire. Though the incoming fire is damn fast and accurate.. Possible with skill + lag, but that stuff is just annoying as hell and suspicious... Especially that he instantly kills people jumping down rounding the corner

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 9:19am

If you are referring to the second vid its not me. Just a mates, the only problem I have is with the no recoil bit.

Thought this forum would be good to see if there is any legit way someone could pull off what he pulled off with the steady mouse after the mag dump.

Thanks for the input though Aenonar, I suspected a no recoil or macro but wanted some second opinions.

Sadly, this guy plays comp where I'm from and he even posted this vid in the forums and most people are defending him saying that he is just that good, yet no one else can replicate his movement.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 9:58am

Even if he is bursting and extremely low sensitivity, that recoil decrease will still mess you up at the end. Keeping it perfectly stable.. Just.. No...

Countering it with a macro might be possible and could explain the minimal horizontal recoil remaining, although it looks more like general gun shake than recoil. Though to get a macro to keep that recoil decrease 100% stable is pretty near impossible and pretty pointless.. Especially if you want to show it off as your own skills...

Though using a hack and then show it off as skills is even more stupid, but that's what it looks like :|

Quoted

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 10:04am

First video is not a result of macros/hacks to accomplish such a perfect result, but rather incredible practise and patience.
The patience that only ancient monks have. I suspect dirty works at play, my friend.
If there are mods/hacks that allow automatic recoil compensation then there are certainly people using it. Not to say that I have seen any first hand, but it is very possible for either of these people (more likely the first bloke) to be making use of such things, and personally, I wouldn't be surprised. Punkbuster is, at best, not perfect.
Anyone know where I can get some of these? ;)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 10:18am

There are a lot of hacks out there, aim bots, wall hacks, see when people are aiming at you, teleporting, instakilling and recoil/spread removal etc. Punkbuster only takes the obvious ones and those it already knows how to detect. A guy once did an experiment when he got fed up with people hacking, so he got one himself to see what they could do. That "see when people are aiming at you" was a perfect tool to find hackers since it shows how close they aim by %, and he found loads of them aiming at him 100% halfway through the map/through walls and everything. Most hackers don't use the obvious aimbots and instakills etc, but just casual wallhacks/spread/recoil removal to get an edge without being obvious.

Quoted

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 11:18am

Thanks for the input guys, pretty much as I thought.

Sadly, it looks as though he is gonna get away with it because he has so many fan boys in the comp scene, many of them admins of the said comp scene in the same team he is in.

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 12:25pm

The first video is EXTREMELY obvious.

The part with the sniper-rifle can be accomplished with practice, no problem at all there. But the recoil compensation is, well, let's say not authentic. The total amount of horizontal recoil with the AEK gaurantees at least a slight wobble, instead of not even moving a single pixel.
That bursting with the AEK is impossible, and 100% the result of a third party tool.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 2:58pm

I called him out on his shenanigans and now the video has been made private. Go figure. :thumbdown:
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 3:52pm

I called him out on his shenanigans and now the video has been made private. Go figure. :thumbdown:

I downloaded it just in case :P

Plus I reported both his profiles for possible cheat, linking his vid and explaining the mechanics (because dice), and I told them that if the video disappeared I've still got it and will provide it

Quoted