Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "AlwaysFirstToDie" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2013

Platform: PC

Location: The land of weedheads and crackpots. The Netherlands, it's called officially.

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 12:34pm

What to do about SPM

I know, statistics on battlelog are worthless :)

So, I've been playing 100+ hours BF3 on PC now, and after a rocky start (relearning to play with keyboard and mouse) I'm starting to feel fairly confident. On average my K/D is turning out positive in games (just not on the stats, but there's progress...), accuracy can be higher but I'm not too worried about that, I'm throwing packs (ammo/health), reviving, PTFO'ing as much as I can and the service stars, medals and ribbons are coming in at a fair rate.

Except there seems to be a glass ceiling in my SPM. Whatever I do, I can barely keep it on the upper side of 380. Doing a game well with a lot of points yields maybe one extra PPM (point per minute) while doing a little worse generally costs me about two.

If I look at the stats of people I see higher values (400-500 range) of SPM, with (with all due respect) otherwise worse statistics. WTF amd I doing wrong? Am I just being punished for playing crappy for the first 20 hours or so in my PC BF3 career?

Now I can reset my stats as Premium member, but I really don't wanna. I just want to break the 400 barrier, at least. Any ideas?

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 12:44pm

you're not getting punished for being bad in the beginning. i just checked ur latest battlereports, and almost every one of em shows a 200-400spm round

SPM defies how much your agressive play is rewarded, how much do you do. How many flags do you cap, how many do you defend? How many teammates do you revive, or supply ammo to? How many enemies did you kill?
Were you always at the right spot, or were you just lacking behind, standing in the back looking at the blue sky while THINKING you're actually doing something?

Stats should get pretty much ignored, really, but if it's this bad...well...you might want to consider learning the flow of maps. Where is my enemy trying to go, and where is my team? Where can i help my team, or stop the enemy from advancing? Where can i initiate an attack myself, and how many teammates are going to back me up?

you want to get rid of the 'walkwalkwalkwalk pewpepew yay a kill! pewpewpew yay another kiill! :D'-feeling. There is order in bf3 maps, there is a system: Learn the system, recognise it, and use it to your advantage.
THIS is my area, THAT is their area, THESE are the lanes through which the both of us can walk, THOSE are the enemies that are stopping me from getting over there: I'm going to take them out in this and this order, so that i can advance through there, after which i can cap that area while my team goes from there to there...
Conquest = their area. it is yours as well, GO GET IT!

Also, play the right class. need to kill infantry in a mobile fashion? Medic. Vehicles fucking your team up? Engi. Support? TRY TO AVOID THIS ONE...but if neccesary, can be used to lock down areas (low SPM gauranteed though). Medic and engi are the most useful classes in the game, and only very few peoplee can use the support in a useful way
Don't go recon, unless you -want- me to hunt you down irl

gl :>

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 1:16pm

low SPM gauranteed
Agreed. If you don't believe him go check my stats, you can see clearly the day I stopped playing support exclusivley by the acceleration of the progression of my stats (as my pleasure to play ^^)
Tbh I don't know what is my actual SPM, but I don't think it breaks the 450 ceiling ^^ (after reset, true stats on BF3 stats it must be somewhere near 400 at best ^^ )
As Nub said, knowing the maps and being able to predict the ennemies moves is a great way to significantly accelerate your progression.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 1:22pm

low SPM gauranteed
Agreed. If you don't believe him go check my stats, you can see clearly the day I stopped playing support exclusivley by the acceleration of the progression of my stats (as my pleasure to play ^^)
Tbh I don't know what is my actual SPM, but I don't think it breaks the 450 ceiling ^^ (after reset, true stats on BF3 stats it must be somewhere near 400 at best ^^ )
As Nub said, knowing the maps and being able to predict the ennemies moves is a great way to significantly accelerate your progression.

*checks battlelog*

...what the fuck

A non-MLGpro french bf3 player?...WTH o.O

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 1:23pm

Just keep playing, once you really get a few hundred hours in your SPM will probably increase a lot, especially once you learn the flow of the maps, tricks to rack up large scores.

I play a lot of TDM, but rush is my other main gamemode, my SPM in rush games is often higher than in TDM because in rush the flow of the map is slightly more linear and predictable, which I can take advantage of by locking down lanes, racking up big sprees quickly. I find both TDM and rush quite high SPM gamemodes, especially compared to infantry play on large vehicle maps like the Armoured Kill maps, Caspian, and Kharg.

After about 200 hours of 500ish SPM, after that, 100 hours of playing brought it up to about 700, I am now hovering around 730ish, decent, but far from impressive.
Finesse

You do not have it.

Sleeper case...

[email protected]
Noctua NH-U14s

Asus Z97-I plus
2x8GB DDR3-1866

eVGA GTX 670 blower, can't remember what edition
Assortment of HDDs and SSDs
Silverstone SFX 600w

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 1:37pm

A non-MLGpro french bf3 player?...WTH o.O
Hummm ... WHAT ? don't understand.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 1:40pm

As said before, it all cokes down to experience, map knowledge and ultimately your skills.

I hit colonel with a 380~ SPM, I now have 800+

If you check longtime stats, you can see an obvious improvement.

Just give it time, stats are OK if you just want to improve your play.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

• "AlwaysFirstToDie" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2013

Location: The land of weedheads and crackpots. The Netherlands, it's called officially.

Battlelog:

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 1:54pm

So basically what you're saying is give it time?

I know the maps fairly well, I think, but maybe not all the headglitch spots and whatnot. I do take too many risks though. When everyone is shying away from a decision, I generally go ahead and do it. It gets me killed (a lot).

Maybe slowing down a bit will help too. Not going head first into situations, giving teammates opportunities to score while I lay on the floor dead.

I'll record a bit of gameplay in a few weeks I think. First, vacation! (and after that, relearning to play :()

Date of registration
: May 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 2:04pm

Yes, those are good stuff to go by.

Also, another important thing to know is that a lot of the players with high SPM plays on citymaps and prefers 64 slot servers. There is a big difference in SPM if you play bazaar/seine crossing/metro/aftermath maps and 64 players versus if you play caspian border/wake island/armored kill maps and/or 32 players or less.

I prefer 32 players because I like to be able to affect the win/loss outcome more than I can on 64 player maps. Also I play mostly maps without jets (because I suck at flying them and hate being constantly raped by them :)). And the maps without jets are mostly the smaller/medium maps.
Regards Milky

Battlelog page - IIMilky81II - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Pepin the Short

Sexy (Legal) Secretary

(389)

Date of registration
: Oct 21st 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, February 22nd 2013, 2:42pm

Your score per minute generally climbs as you settle into the role with which you are more capable and gain an appreciation for the dynamic of the game on each map. There is, by no means, a ceiling.

Additionally, your score per minute, or, that is, the rate at which it climbs, is also a function of the games you play the most often. You could be God with a transport chopper, dropping whole teams off in precisely the one place where they can do the most damage, and your score per minute will suck ass. On the other hand, you could be horrendously incompetent but just sit around the corner on Operation Metro with a pair of defibrillators out and rack up enough points to retire.

It's weird.