Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 12:35am

AS-VAL can be also nominated as "best carbine". ;)

Eh...

BanzaiB

To much tv is the cause of death

(212)

Date of registration
: Jan 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 12:42am

Eh...

Doesn't make sense, again? What, you think AS val is a bad choice for engineer? What kit did you use to make 1600 kills with it?

Date of registration
: Oct 17th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 12:48am

best pdw in the meaning of the acronym for me has to be the MP7, laser, extended mags - hipfire for days.
i don't get on with the AS-Val, probably cos i keep moving when i shoot it

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 12:54am

Doesn't make sense, again? What, you think AS val is a bad choice for engineer? What kit did you use to make 1600 kills with it?

Why would you go with a 20-dmg thing, when you've got 25-damage carbines? :|

I can totally see the as val being put to awesome use for recon and support, but for engi and medic...i don't get it :|

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 1:01am

It's good on Enge because it has the best long-range TTK of all weapons available to the engineer. Granted, I prefer the ACW-R because of the moving spread, but still, it's quite viable on Enge, and at least 2/3 of my Val kills are on Enge.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 1:03am

whenever i tried using the val on engi, I see myself in a close quarter area swearing like a mofo because i dont have that close-range lethality...forcing me to play less aggressively ._.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 1:08am

Eh...

I use the scar-h. As-val for support.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 12:51pm

Why would you go with a 20-dmg thing, when you've got 25-damage carbines? :|

I can totally see the as val being put to awesome use for recon and support, but for engi and medic...i don't get it :|
The VAL is a great fit for Engineer. For me it works really well on the big open maps where you are most likely to play Engineer, it's the best silenced weapon in the game for me and it's low spread, stealth factor and long range damage suit my play style on those maps.

If you were jumping in and out vehicles or on closer range maps then yes most of the carbines with their better close range damage are more suitable but the VAL is great when your moving between flags, popping out over rocks or tall buildings on the big maps.

BanzaiB

To much tv is the cause of death

(212)

Date of registration
: Jan 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 1:32pm

My choice for engi:
Close combat: MTAR
Long distance: AS VAL. Considering its 0 spread and 0.5 multiplier...

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, January 16th 2013, 7:31pm

I really like the AS VAL, especially when I play Recon or Support due to its accuracy and ROF. It is a man-eater inside 40m, the FSR is so condusive to 2nd shot headshots its not even funny. You can even put 2 in the chest and a 3rd in the head past 55m. Its a buzzsaw with its 900 RPM so if you get the drop on your foe, you will win. Its spread gets wonky and its shit if you move, but if you are dictating when the engagement starts, your advantage is enhanced by this gun. Its speed and efficiency of dispensing your foes is one of the best, its weak up close due to that 20dmg minimum damage, but its not to hard to overcome (P90 and MP7 both deal 20dmg up close)

The PDW-R is a carbine, it is essentially a pocket bullpup M416. Red dot, silencer, laser makes it another covert death machine. It is the second best PDW at range (dont use any PDWs at range in Core mode PLEASE)

Moving past those "special children" of the PDW family, my personal favorite is the MP7. In all honesty it needs a faster reload than the P90, but its the hip-fire monster. Its ROF is blistering, and I love its sound. Like the P90, with a laser on, it is as accurate from the hip as it is while ADS. It has the fastest empty reload of any PDW (and anything short of a M16/M4/M416 family or ACW-R) which is good, because you will magdump FOR SURE. The MP7 is most lethal in HC, you can use it with a suppressor if you must, there are better choices in my opinion but its ROF is a killer. Most common setup is Red Dot or HOLO, Xmag and Laser.

M5K is a monster due to the 900 RPM and 25 min damage, only the MTAR and the AEK can touch that. So its one of the deadliest up close thanks to its AR/CB damage profile

The UMP is an even bigger force in CQB thanks to its 34 min damage and 600RPM. Its a fucking POCKET PKP... same ROF, min damage, spread...

the P90 is a newbs best friend. Its a super high capacity, high ROF, good damage weapon. As many people have said, slap a laser or a silencer on it and just point it towards your enemy. I remember several days playing CQ when it first came out, nothing but P90 wielding Assaults forming paddle-trains allllllll day. Thousands of little bullets zipping around like wasps..

No comment on the PP-2000, I don't know it. I used it when I unlocked it initially, and quickly moved on. It looks badass, I just never spent enough time with it (soon I will 1 star it).

The PP-19 is an airsoft gun. It is better at range than the P90 since it has a slightly higher min damage, but its only good when you saturate your foes. This gun is underpowered.
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"