Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Friday, January 11th 2013, 9:20pm

Now that the SKS has a Heavy Barrel attachment I just can't go back to the EMR or M417. It's so much better for mid-long range, and it can still hold its own in close range. The large magazine capacity just further rewards it and allows mass suppression before reload.

Date of registration
: Sep 23rd 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 9:03pm

Bolt actions are overused. I enjoy using them as a challenge (4x ACOG, Bipod) or as a WW1 tribute (SVD w/ irons and SPB), they are king of 1 v 1 encounters because they are OHK, which is lame. OHK anything is lame (short of melee). So that is ultimately the problem with snipers in general, their immense stopping power.

I don't get what you're saying here. Bolt actions are not the "king of 1 v 1 encounters." It is only a OHK if it is a clean-chest shot or a headshot. Otherwise, it does 80 damage, and you have to take out your secondary. That time could kill you if the enemy has a full-auto gun or a shotgun. Also, if you miss your shot, you lose even more time when you take out your secondary, and secondaries usually won't be able to save you that late.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 9:47pm

The M39 is in a different class than the M417 and SKS. IMO there are basically 3 classes of snipers: Bolt actions, semi-autos, and support rifles. The M39 fits in the second along with the MK11, SVD, and QBU. The M417 and SKS are in the support rifle class. What distinguishes the two in terms of usage is that the support rifles are more optimized for run and gun playstyles, and are able to be incorporated into squad tactics because of that. They are basically for mid range combat, supporting, and covering squads on a tactical level. The real life equivalent being the squad designated marksman. The semi-autos are generally better at covering objectives, generally on a strategic level. Their longer effective range and worse close quarters performance limits them to longer range, less aggressive combat. Basically they can operate a similar role to a bolt action rifle.

I used the QBU a lot recently, my setup was Holo, Bipod, Laser. This allowed me to take advantage of the improved hipfire of the gun over the M39. The holo is decent for engagements out to 200m. I used it mainly in a squad deathmatch on strike at karkand. Most times when I engaged it was from covered positions between 50 and 150m, getting kills on targets that assault players could not get. I found that the QBU can operate effectively in both the "semi-auto" role and the "support rifle" role because of the improved handling.
Finesse

You do not have it.

Sleeper case...

[email protected]
Noctua NH-U14s

Asus Z97-I plus
2x8GB DDR3-1866

eVGA GTX 670 blower, can't remember what edition
Assortment of HDDs and SSDs
Silverstone SFX 600w

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, January 14th 2013, 10:53pm

Bolt actions are overused. I enjoy using them as a challenge (4x ACOG, Bipod) or as a WW1 tribute (SVD w/ irons and SPB), they are king of 1 v 1 encounters because they are OHK, which is lame. OHK anything is lame (short of melee). So that is ultimately the problem with snipers in general, their immense stopping power.

I don't get what you're saying here. Bolt actions are not the "king of 1 v 1 encounters." It is only a OHK if it is a clean-chest shot or a headshot. Otherwise, it does 80 damage, and you have to take out your secondary. That time could kill you if the enemy has a full-auto gun or a shotgun. Also, if you miss your shot, you lose even more time when you take out your secondary, and secondaries usually won't be able to save you that late.

Sorry, i should have qualified my statement.

B/As are the king of 1v1 in HC TDM. or HC in general. 80 dmg is a OHK in HC, and its not uncommon to land a panic shot on someone with a B/A. Basically the approach in CQ is to shove your gun in your opponents face so you can't miss. And its lame, its like your gun has a built in .44 mag.
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Date of registration
: Apr 29th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 7:37pm

Quoted from "Kid_HQ"

Quoted from "Lennox 203"

Sorry, i should have qualified my statement.

B/As are the king of 1v1 in HC TDM. or HC in general. 80 dmg is a OHK in HC, and its not uncommon to land a panic shot on someone with a B/A. Basically the approach in CQ is to shove your gun in your opponents face so you can't miss. And its lame, its like your gun has a built in .44 mag.
Naaaaah. BAs arn't bad, but when you have semi-autos that kill /w headshot at any range? I know which one I fear more. And that's the 417 or SKS with holo or ACOG. Suppressed or not, they are absolute murder and you can spam the trigger to make rapid follow-up shots or engage multiple opponents in succession. If you're going to go aggro recon and support your squad by being in the mix of things, and you're not opting for the PDWs or Shotguns? No reason not to use the SKS or 417. The M39 has worse spread and recoil characteristics than either rifle...
In all the excitement, I can't remember if I fired all six shots, or only five. But, seeing as how this is a .44 magnum, most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off? I guess the question you should be asking yourself is: Do you feel lucky. Well, do ya? PUNK?!

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 9:07pm

Yes the spam of M417 and SKS rounds is annoying to be on the receiving end of because of the ROF. As a whole in terms of lameness you encounter in your every day play S/A > B/A purely because of the ROF. Its the deadliest spam you can fire. Sure 7.62mm LMG rounds are deadly, but S/A rounds do more damage, and can be aimed at distance (for whatever its worth).

I still enjoy using the SVD and the Mk11 Mod0 as a slightly more aggressive S/A rifle, Holo or PK-A, maybe a silencer, definitely a bipod. I can't get over how awfully innacurate the spread of the M417 is when you spam it, or even try to let it cool off for a couple fractions of a second before you fire again, the Mk11 SVD and M39 all feel like they recenter and reset spread faster than the M417. The SKS is a battle rifle with trumped up damage, its essentially a G3 on steroids for the recon class. In HC its practically unfair on medium distance maps, it has no recoil and it drives nails.
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Friday, July 18th 2014, 4:23pm

nvm wrong section

Playlist win and fail BF4 :D lot of lol :P
BAM NITRONAT & FRIENDS - YouTube

Legion