Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 18th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, January 11th 2013, 5:18am

Ever since the SKS got a heavy barrel I've been a fan of that over the M417, or the rest of the semi autos. Actually makes playing recon vaguely palatable.

Date of registration
: Apr 19th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Friday, January 11th 2013, 3:36pm

In CQC, I would recommend the SKS > 417 > EMR, you will want the higher mag count for these types of situations (SKS and 417 are pretty close here, choice is yours)

Mid to long, I would recommend the EMR > 417 > SKS, this is where the EMR can shine (but don't get me wrong, it's up to you how it can handle it in CQC also)

In the end, it's all preference and what you feel most comfortable with.

Note that I've never used the 417 myself, I've only seen gameplays and am judging off that and what the reviewers say. Actually, just don't even listen to me, I'm an idiot.
There is no such thing as a bad revive
Heals per assault minute 2 1321% 25.427
Resupplies per support minute 12 9804% 1.899
Repairs per engineer minute 21 6448% 0.534
Revives per assault minute 30 43110% 0.640

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, January 11th 2013, 3:40pm

the m39 has slower accurate shots (its spread decrease is worse than the m417), but it is more accurate

its a case of accuracy (m39) vs effective rate of fire (m417, while the damage is the same)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, January 11th 2013, 3:41pm

Ever since the SKS got a heavy barrel I've been a fan of that over the M417, or the rest of the semi autos. Actually makes playing recon vaguely palatable.

This is true. It got a much needed bullet velocity buff and an awesome heavy barrel spread. If only all guns could equip that... :rolleyes:

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, January 11th 2013, 4:47pm

The EMR is sexier, has faster rounds and is more accurate at looong ranges. If I am playing RUSH, the EMR is my go to. Hell If I am playing almost anything, the EMR is my choice. If you spam it it is supposed to be innacurate, but in my experience the M417 can't hit a godamn thing when you start to spam it. The M417 is just not that accurate to begin with in my opinion, its only as accurate as the M417 with an HB while doing a bit more damage. If you play HC, the SKS has a faster round, faster ROF, less v-recoil.

The M-417 does reload quick and essentially fires slug, so it is a very good choice for TDM Noshar or CQC, it is the aggressive recons wet dream.

On a separate note, does and SKS with an Hbar and bipod deployed really have a spread of 0.00725?
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, January 11th 2013, 6:03pm

It's something stupid like that.

I recall getting hatemail from a Colonel 100 (who had a .75 k/d) for using the SKS. Said that it wasn't skill-intensive enough. I don't know where that notion comes from. It's the closest thing that the recon kit has to an AN-94 in that it works at some level if you're not good with it but getting good with it has huge reward.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, January 11th 2013, 8:16pm

It's something stupid like that.

I recall getting hatemail from a Colonel 100 (who had a .75 k/d) for using the SKS. Said that it wasn't skill-intensive enough. I don't know where that notion comes from. It's the closest thing that the recon kit has to an AN-94 in that it works at some level if you're not good with it but getting good with it has huge reward.

There's a common conception out there that any semi auto "sniper rifle" doesn't take any "skill" and people with real "skill" use bolt actions. Obviously this group is comprised of idiots who don't realize the SKS and the like aren't even "sniper rifles" to begin with and are probably the same guys who spend entire games trying to get 1000m+ headshots with a 12x scope, or think it's cool to do super elite 360 noscopez/quickscopez etc. Basically, children that should be playing CoD.

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, January 11th 2013, 8:18pm

There's a common conception out there that any semi auto "sniper rifle" doesn't take any "skill" and people with real "skill" use bolt actions. Obviously this group is comprised of idiots who don't realize the SKS and the like aren't even "sniper rifles" to begin with and are probably the same guys who spend entire games trying to get 1000m+ headshots with a 12x scope, or think it's cool to do super elite 360 noscopez/quickscopez etc. Basically, children.

QFT

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, January 11th 2013, 8:20pm

i'm a huge of fan of the SKS but i dig the 417 as well. i only play recon aggressively (settings strategic beacons/tugs, never bushwookie) the only other sniper rifle i've got a decent feel for is the L96 which i adore with just irons and a slide. i silence all of em cause i don't want to be seen on the map

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, January 11th 2013, 9:00pm

S/A snipers are "lame" because they are semi-auto shotguns with slugs and heavy barrels and usually good muzzle velocity... so just point it down a hallway and rack up suppression and damage assists on top of kills. I am sure it is very aggravating to get killed repeatedly by an enemy you can barely see, luckily I am usually on the dispensing end of a M39 PK-A with a Bipod. I love to deploy my bipod, and it really doesn't get much better than putting rounds in the exact same spot repeatedly. and 2 hits to kill at any range, OHK headshots?... sign me up.

Bolt actions are overused. I enjoy using them as a challenge (4x ACOG, Bipod) or as a WW1 tribute (SVD w/ irons and SPB), they are king of 1 v 1 encounters because they are OHK, which is lame. OHK anything is lame (short of melee). So that is ultimately the problem with snipers in general, their immense stopping power.
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"