Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

REexpert44

Laser Eyes

(69)

Date of registration
: Jun 11th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 12:33am

I was a big time AUG scrub in BC2. It had some of the best irons in the game and the 40mm shotgun was a beast on it. its a shame to 40 shotty inBF3 is trash compared to its older self. My favorite combo was MG3 with lightweight and body armor. squat on a med pack and hold the trigger and all will fall before you.
PSN:REexpert44

Date of registration
: May 20th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 12:50am

BC2 although the LMGs were OP back then, at least they weren't miles ahead of every other weapon like the ARs in BF3 are.

TruxCaper

Railgun Engineer

(264)

Date of registration
: Feb 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 12:59am

but in a few days I'll be back to BF3 too!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's made my day! :D

Your joy will turn into overwhelming rage as soon as you'll realize that two months of inactivity turned me into a hopeless n00b and I can't shoot straight to save my life anymore. :P

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven from your flags, and read their lamentations in the chatbox. Lasagne are pretty awesome, too.

Words of Wisdom

Grand Bazaar [ASTHMA] TruxCaper

They added scope glint to remind snipers that they're enormous ass bandits every time someone beans them in the skull with a 320.

Most women in the army are built like tiger tanks
In that east German "Kiss me, or I crush you!" way

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 1:04am

but in a few days I'll be back to BF3 too!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's made my day! :D

Your joy will turn into overwhelming rage as soon as you'll realize that two months of inactivity turned me into a hopeless n00b and I can't shoot straight to save my life anymore. :P

Pff, I can't complain. I never could shoot straight :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 1:07am

not sure about BC2's F2000 being underpowered. i remembered that gun being ridiculously accurate, so tap firing for long range shots yielded really good results.

and i'm not sure about balancing for DPS being the way to go. i distinctively remember that the F2000 being strangely weaker than other ARs at close range, because it dealt less damage and thus needing an extra bullet to kill. it was bad enough that i was running explosive perk and shotgun underslung to compensate.

Immortal Tombat

Ellipsis guys...

(285)

Date of registration
: Jun 1st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 1:47am

BC2, and I didn't even play it. The whole same calibre=same damage model of BF3 is just silly and doesn't work, and the 50 damage points of difference between the SCAR-H and L96 just compromises and pisses all over the "authenticity" of the entire balancing attempt.
I sincerely hope they scrap it in BF4.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 3:09am

I voted for BC2, but it's sounding like Dice is not going back in that direction: Twitter / Demize99: @Jaypaul9 Sure, did it on BFBC2. ...

It might still be different from BF3, but how so if you're not changing damage like BC2 or doing spread/recoil like BF3 itself?

Regards,

MyEasyButton

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Blue Panda" (Jan 3rd 2013, 3:32am)

Date of registration
: Jun 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 5:07am

It might seem like bf3 has much worse balance but I think they are about equal. If you could use the aek/xm8 in bc2 with medkits and defibs then I guarantee that would be some of the only guns you would see. But bc2 has better class balance so its gun balance is better.

#1 in the world for KA-60 Kasatka Kills!

Date of registration
: Jan 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 7:32am

dude above me makes good point. Class equipment should be taken into account
G3A3 or bust

Gunners and passengers are just for show.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 8:40am

If I was to make a game then I would go the Kill Zone route. Keep the number of weapons small and make them each stand out. The wish to put into a game the "Who's who" of AR's, SMG's, LMG's and Full length Rifles is just painful to both watch and balance. Lets face it, less is better when trying to make each weapon feel unique. Less is more in this situation me thinks.