Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 2:23am

Very interesting read.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 2:35am

The only thing I dislike about suppression is that I get no reward for actually hitting my shots. You should suppress more on hits because knowing that you're hit and probably going to die should be inherently more terrifying than knowing that the other guy has Stormtrooper Syndrome.
the reward for hitting is that their health goes down and you may kill them...

Let's say I hit them 4x at 20m with the AK74m. In the same amount of time, they miss me 15x with the FAMAS. Now my minspread is 1.5 and I'll never hit them a fifth time. That's why suppression is stupid.

Use heavy barrel, your minspread will still be good enough for a bodyshot at 20 meters distance. And use COVR spec, then you'll be only 75% suppressed, even when the FAMAS guy is using SUPR.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 2:41am

I need Sprint and Cover to play. It's bad enough that I'll even quit on friends if I don't have it.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Sep 22nd 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 3:28am

The only thing I dislike about suppression is that I get no reward for actually hitting my shots. You should suppress more on hits because knowing that you're hit and probably going to die should be inherently more terrifying than knowing that the other guy has Stormtrooper Syndrome.
the reward for hitting is that their health goes down and you may kill them...

I'm with Nick here. Too many times I have hit the enemy first with 1-2 hit markers (close quarters) and then they pull the trigger of their LMG and waste me. That's not fair and most importantly not fun at all. Last time this happened, the enemy Support was prone in a corner, I saw him (I was standing like 2-3 meters from him) and started to shoot at him first. He noticed me then of course, started to spary with his LMG and I got totally suppressed. Even though my Holo sight was all the time right on target he killed me after I had shot 17 bullets at him. Of course, after I got suppressed and started missing the target thanks to deviation, he got probably suppressed too and that's why the amazing gunfight took as long as me wasting 17 bullets before dying. Oh well..

Anyway, it's kind of funny that OP used pistol to make his point, when in BF3 pistols don't get affected by suppression :P

Oh, I might add, that when I was doing my military service in the army, in one class we fixed the assault rifle in a stationary position in a class room and then we looked through the iron sights while someone was on a black board placing a mark in a spot where we said the gun was pointing. Then we stood up for a while and repeated it, 3 times in total. Yes, most of the people didn't manage to get all the 3 markers in the same exact spot! So, at least with iron sights, even if the gun is stationary and you have all the time in the world, you may fuck up with your aim. Of course, we were n00bs with ARs ;)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Peccath" (Dec 22nd 2012, 3:35am)

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 4:26am

guess im the other guy in your secenario.

people shoot at me and miss and i just kill them =/

Date of registration
: Nov 30th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 5:31am

I think the basis of his point is the reason behind bullet spread on fully automatic weapons. He really didn't mention suppression, those of use commenting did.

So not to de-rail the threads point, but I'd like to say this about suppression.

Grab a 10% suppression per bullet LMG, go do some run and gun. No one can say with a straight face they don't recognize when they win a gunfight simply because they Suppressed their foe more than they did them.

Every time I play around with the PKP at least 25% of fire fights that I win I know I won simply because I am doing more suppression.....that is not fair IMO.

Lt Col Jesus

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 5:34am

I think the basis of his point is the reason behind bullet spread on fully automatic weapons. He really didn't mention suppression, those of use commenting did.

So not to de-rail the threads point, but I'd like to say this about suppression.

Grab a 10% suppression per bullet LMG, go do some run and gun. No one can say with a straight face they don't recognize when they win a gunfight simply because they Suppressed their foe more than they did them.

Every time I play around with the PKP at least 25% of fire fights that I win I know I won simply because I am doing more suppression.....that is not fair IMO.
Frankly, that's completely fair. I'd love to see ANYONE keep their cool looking down the barrel of an M240 blasting right at them.
If anyone like that exists, we need to neuter them before they have the chance to breed.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 5:34am

It feels to be more of a product of TTK than anything else. I win 20% or less of my firefights with the M240 due to suppression but definitely upwards of 40% with the M60 because I fired more bullets.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Sep 22nd 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 5:38am

Frankly, that's completely fair. I'd love to see ANYONE keep their cool looking down the barrel of an M240 blasting right at them.
If anyone like that exists, we need to neuter them before they have the chance to breed.

I'd love to see anyone starting to blast with an M240 after being hit by couple of bullets :P

Lt Col Jesus

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 6:38am

I'd love to see anyone starting to blast with an M240 after being hit by couple of bullets :P

I'd love to see the assaultfag's face when his gun goes CLICK and he still hasn't killed the Support that fired first because his M16A3 is out-suppressed (finally) and out-DPS'd by an M240.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.