Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Monday, December 17th 2012, 10:57am

MBT & APC & Tank Destroyer handling - Russian vs USA

After nearly 450hrs spent in armored vehicles in BF3 , the one thing that has always bothered me was the vehicle handling differences between the Russian vehicles and the US vehicles.
I know people have an affinity for the T90 , it seems very popular , but I can't stand it and mainly due to it's extremely bad road handling and it's constant desire to want to drift and do random 360o upon contact with the most minor obstacle , this also holds true for the SPRUT and the BMP , both of those vehicles have very bad handling in comparison their american counterparts , was this handling difference intentional on DICEs behalf to possibly off set some advantage Russian vehicles had vs US vehicles?

Rizn-Nuke

first!!! denied...

(458)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, December 17th 2012, 11:29am

Hmmm... good question. Let's sum it up:

Russian Armored Vehicles:
+ Mostly smaller targets
+ Can turn on the spot thanks to tracks
- Do random 360s
- Lower top-spead

American Armored Vehicles:
+ Better top-spead
+ LAV-AD is amphibian (woop-di-doo)
+ Don't slide
- Mostly bigger targets
- Cannot turn on spot (except M1)

One might seriously think that the sliding of russian vehicles could in fact be on prupose since they have some ncie benefits that American (= 'MURRICAN!) tanks don't have.

Bullets may have your name on them, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Quoted from "ViperFTW"

"Pff, c'mon. You know I'm like the crazy homeless man who lives in the postbox, everyone ignores me but I'M GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT SHIT ANYWAYS :DDD"

Spoiler Spoiler

"I don't think I've ever moved THAT fast xD. Next time a bear's chasing me say he'll hack my acount if he catches me xDD" -Vip3rFTW

I've sat and came up with 3 theories about your PC, Rizn.
1) Its constructed by Satan and every so often it'll crash to a Red Screen that just says "Another must fall", which is your queue to go out, find a virgin, kill her and pour the blood over the beating-heart-like processor within
2) Its powered by some secret military/alien tech.
3) (My sister's idea) Its powered by the core of the Earth and is, as a direct result, responsible for climate change. Your PC being able to run the BF4 beta without crashing/lagging will destroy humanity

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rizn-Nuke" (Dec 17th 2012, 11:50am)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, December 17th 2012, 11:46am

I prefer the Russian vehicles due to their tracks and sights.. And yeah, the excessive sliding is pretty damn annoying at time, but a lot of it can be avoided as long as you drive at the right angles.. Sure wouldn't hurt to cut it down though.. :|

US for speed, Russian for maneuverability...

They really messed up the water buoyancy though... The sprut can't float (afair) even though it can IRL :s

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Rizn-Nuke

first!!! denied...

(458)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, December 17th 2012, 11:52am

They really messed up the water buoyancy though... The sprut can't float (afair) even though it can IRL :s

Luckily that's not a big thing in BF3 since there are almost no aquatic obsticles. And for those we have the buoyancy operated aquatic transport (B.O.A.T)

Bullets may have your name on them, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Quoted from "ViperFTW"

"Pff, c'mon. You know I'm like the crazy homeless man who lives in the postbox, everyone ignores me but I'M GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT SHIT ANYWAYS :DDD"

Spoiler Spoiler

"I don't think I've ever moved THAT fast xD. Next time a bear's chasing me say he'll hack my acount if he catches me xDD" -Vip3rFTW

I've sat and came up with 3 theories about your PC, Rizn.
1) Its constructed by Satan and every so often it'll crash to a Red Screen that just says "Another must fall", which is your queue to go out, find a virgin, kill her and pour the blood over the beating-heart-like processor within
2) Its powered by some secret military/alien tech.
3) (My sister's idea) Its powered by the core of the Earth and is, as a direct result, responsible for climate change. Your PC being able to run the BF4 beta without crashing/lagging will destroy humanity

Date of registration
: Apr 21st 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, December 17th 2012, 11:56am

I prefer the Russian vehicles due to their tracks.. And yeah, the excessive sliding is pretty damn annoying at time, but a lot of it can be avoided as long as you drive at the right angles.. Sure wouldn't hurt to cut it down though.. :|

For me, the worst of the lot is the the TUNGUSKA on Alborz. Abysmal handling! Whereas the LAV-AD is superb on the same map. It can go places the TUNGUSKA can only dream of and doesn't seem to have any particular defects. Very unbalanced. I have 187 kills with the LAV-AD and only 72 with the TUNGUSKA. Shit, it's hard to make that thing go in a straight line even across a field on Armoured Shield!

And BTW, why does the Russian Mobile Arty have to have a filthy windscreen whilst the US version is clean? Half the time you can't see where the hell you're going.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 9:39am

Luckily that's not a big thing in BF3 since there are almost no aquatic obsticles. And for those we have the buoyancy operated aquatic transport (B.O.A.T)

I was very surprised the one time I tried driving across the bay on Alborz Mountain in my Sprut and suddenly found myself swimming. :D
bob

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 9:37pm

The only US armor I like using is the LAV-25. The Abrams can't shoot behind itself and I swear the Stryker still doesn't show when you take damage.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 9:57pm

The only US armor I like using is the LAV-25. The Abrams can't shoot behind itself and I swear the Stryker still doesn't show when you take damage.

Tank destroyers lack the impact sound from projectiles, the damage direction thingy is still there though, but if you don't pay attention you can die all of a sudden ;>

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, December 31st 2012, 4:48pm

It's true Russian tanks drift very easily but you can avoid that by not boosting when driving into corners. + with T-90 you can shoot behind you well, with Abrams you cant. And SPRUT-SD is much more smaller than American M1128, so its bit harder to hit. SPRUT and BMP also have tracks instead of wheels, so you can turn your tank while not moving. So id say Russian tanks are better than Americans IMO.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NahkaSukka" (Dec 31st 2012, 4:56pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, December 31st 2012, 5:31pm

The T90 is faster and smaller, can shoot directly behind itself and has a rangefinder in its HUD. The M1 is much more stable and doesn't turn 90 degrees when taking a corner at full speed but can't shoot behind itself and also has an arguably worse HUD setup.

I like both equally and learning to compensate for each tank's pros and cons is a good idea (the T90's sliding has actually come in useful once or twice).