Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Labby

(6,444)

• "Labby" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 8:21pm

Can RHIB's be locked onto?

I know that back in the day RHIB's couldn't be locked onto, but since the last patch I've heard multiple reports of players being able to lock onto RHIB boats with guided missiles. I've also heard that the TOW launchers can be locked onto.

When I tried it last night everything seemed normal, the missiles didn't work.

So what's going on? I really hope this isn't true, because if it is DICE may have found the only way to break conquest small on Canals even more.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 8:26pm

I know you can't lock onto them with javelins, I can confirm that..but not sure about guided missiles

Most of the time its faster to take them out with the jet cannon/heli missiles anyhow ._."

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 9:38pm

No, hence why Jets seem to consider the fucking catamaran the biggest threads on the fucking map.
Fucking idiots :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 9:46pm

I know you can't lock onto them with javelins, I can confirm that..but not sure about guided missiles

Most of the time its faster to take them out with the jet cannon/heli missiles anyhow ._."
I know for certain that pre-patch javelins and guided missiles couldn't lock onto boats, and when I tried it last night, mine still couldn't post patch. I always thought it was intentional, to give players a change to get to shore without being locked down by Javelins.

But I've seen several people on reddit claiming they can now lock onto boats, and I've seen a post on Battelog concerning the same topic. Most of the players describing the change seem to be playing on PS3 using the T-90's guided shell, but I've also seen an xbox player claiming to have sunk a RHIB with the Z-11w's guided missile.

I don't think the PC version has the patch yet, so the alleged changes wouldn't apply there. Anyone on PS3 care to test? I'll do a more thorough test on the Xbox when I get home.

Date of registration
: Jun 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 9:54pm

using the T-90's guided shell
I'm pretty sure this is the case. I've gotten multiple lock tones while looking into the enemy spawn and I am fairly certain one of them was the boat.
Cats are cute; however, they tend to keep all the fucks to themselves

Rarity - LOL

REexpert44

Laser Eyes

(69)

Date of registration
: Jun 11th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 9:59pm

I know for a fact that stationary AT launchers can be designated with a scout heli or flim-flam.
PSN:REexpert44

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 10:39pm

I bet Jenkins is crying in a corner somewhere over this right now. ^^

I really hate the [ quote ] system on this forum.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 30th 2012, 1:00am

I just did some testing with the help of a friend, here are my somewhat interesting results.

First, TOW launchers can now be locked onto by guided missiles and destroyed in one hit.

Boats, however, cannot be locked onto, UNLESS they are lased. Lasing a boat with the SOFLAM, allows it to be locked onto by a missile and destroyed with a single shot.

Finally, laser designation seems to be broken for both, as it is with recon equipment equipment. Both the TOW launchers and boats can be lased, but the orange diamond indicator does not show up on either vehicle.

In summary, it's now really easy to spawncamp boats leaving the carrier with two players in a tank. They can be sunk in a single shot, and receive no lock warning. The lack of orange diamond should help limit use of guided missiles against boats, but a Javelin squad, tank, or helicopter crew who knows of the change will have no problems completely stopping boats from getting to shore. TOW launchers are even more useless than before. Not only are they never in useful locations, once more players are aware of the change they'll be guided missile magnets.

Failure117

cheap kitchen leeds

(76)

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, November 30th 2012, 1:08am

By 'TOW launchers', do you mean the Kornet/etc?
GT: F4ilure 117.
Unholy Leader of the Order of q.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 30th 2012, 1:22am

By 'TOW launchers', do you mean the Kornet/etc?
Yes. Go ahead and try locking onto the next one you see.

Edit: Alright, something really fishy is going on. TOW launchers cannot be locked onto, until they've been lased once. Once they've been lased, they're permanently vulnerable to guided missiles, even if the laser stops locking onto them.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Labby" (Nov 30th 2012, 1:43am)