Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 12:27am

Letís see if we can start cataloguing the secret patch notes. Some of these I havenít confirmed

- Rhib boats, TOW/Kornet launchers and TV missiles can nowe laser designated, then hit with guided weapons.
- Laser designations now persist infinitely on emptyvehicles.
- Mortars can no longer spam HE and Smoke rounds. Previouslythe reload time on one ammo type would not prevent you from firing the other, but now it does.
- New weapon selections for Gunmaster
- Gunmaster winner ribbons are now awarded to the top 5players, rather than players on the winning team.
- Support explosives now disappear 5 seconds after theplayer dies, rather than disappearing almost immediately.

Any more?

Even more nerfs to the mortar.... Why don't they just remove it instead -.-'

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 4:39am

for shits and giggles. this patch is DataVersion..2012-10-31T20:33:46.Frostbite/Sandboxes/VeniceXpack4.Venice Shows ya how long it takes them to get a patch approved and certified never mind actually making the patch.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 4:52am

Even more nerfs to the mortar.... Why don't they just remove it instead -.-'

This isn't quite true, they've altered it, but you can still chain shots similar to before, there's just a slight delay between shells, roughly twice as fast as just firing one shell type still, but it's much smoother/more consistent spacing between shots.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 8:36am

From what i can tell both the m16a3/a4 and the aug suppression values now fall in line with other assaults and the augs 1st shot recoil went from 3.0 -> 2.5 Roughly 700 offsets after the first shot recoil value there is another change but I can't for my life decipher it. Pretty sure if falls somewhere in the area of Socket Data. stuff dealing with attachments( as in everything that can attach to the gun. scopes and underslung stuff included)

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,967)

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 8:52am

- Rhib boats, TOW/Kornet launchers and TV missiles can nowe laser designated, then hit with guided weapons.
Whoa, whoa, WHAT??? You can now shoot and destroy a designated TV Missile? How does this work? TV Missiles are rarely in the air that long. Can they be locked on and shot by a victim helicopter with air to air missiles?

Can you explain this? I don't understand what you mean....

- Gunmaster winner ribbons are now awarded to the top 5players, rather than players on the winning team.
Still dumb, but better I guess.... now you just need to find a gun master server with a 5 vs 5 if you care about that medal.

- Support explosives now disappear 5 seconds after theplayer dies, rather than disappearing almost immediately.
This was always the case on PC.... at least since they made the change.
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 9:06am

For some strange reason it is possible to lock on the things like the Kornet and TOW launchers with Javs, SOFLAMS, CITV station, and Scout Chopper.

Edit: Here is Labby's explanation about it
Laser Designation Bugs:

• Boats, TOW/Kornet Launchers, and TV missiles, can now be laser designated, then targeted by guided missiles. The orange diamond indicator doesn't display on these vehicles. (or on recon equipment/mortars for that matter)

• Laser designations are "sticky" on empty vehicles. If an empty vehicle is lased once, it will remain in a lased state even after it is no longer targeted until a player gets in, the vehicle is damaged, or a missile is fired at it. One player can lase multiple targets in this manner, then switch to guided missiles by getting in a vehicle, or by suiciding and respawning with the Javelin, and then lock onto and destroy those targets as if they were still lased. Luckily it only works against empty vehicles, or it would be one of the worst bugs of all time.

I find it interesting that several new bugs were added to laser designation and guided missiles when the patch notes mentioned no changes concerning them.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 9:22am

Quoted from "Elite"
Whoa, whoa, WHAT??? You can now shoot and destroy a designated TV Missile? How does this work? TV Missiles are rarely in the air that long. Can they be locked on and shot by a victim helicopter with air to air missiles?

Quoted from "Elite"
You can't really destroy a TV missile with a guided missile, at least we haven't been able to score a hit. We did manage to fire a guided missile at a TV missile, but the TV missile disappeared soon after and the guided missile stopped tracking and flew off into space. Considering it takes over three seconds for the laser painter and guided missile to lock on, and the TV missile only lasts for seven seconds, the guided missile is only going to have a few seconds to chase down a missile moving at a similar speed. It can't catch up. Heatseekers don't lock onto TV missiles, and guided missiles won't either unless the missile is lased first.

When targeting empty vehicles, such as found in the deployment, with a laser designator like the SOFLAM, as soon as a solid lock is attained it is permanent until a player gets in. Join an empty server with laser painter and guided missiles on your attack heli. Lase several parked aircraft with the laser painter, then land and switch to the gunner seat. Your guided missiles will be able to lock onto any of the vehicles you previously painted, even though they aren't being lased anymore.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,967)

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 11:13am

I see, so it appears that locking a tv missile is an unintended bug then....
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 6:28pm

I see, so it appears that locking a tv missile is an unintended bug then....
When exactly are bugs intended?

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 6:34pm

This is dissapointing. I was hoping that TOW/KORNET launchers would be able to lock onto laser-painted vehicles.

:(
Valve can stick their dicks in my ass for all I care. Feels good man.