Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

TheLB95

Railgun Engineer

(871)

• "TheLB95" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:39pm

Aftermath Patch; Details

(4. Dec. 2012)
Edit by Sym:
Check out the ``exact patch changes in numbers´´-thread here:
Aftermath Patch 1.07 Details--Exact Patch Changes in Numbers
---------------------------------

So DICE finally released the notes, and here they are- for those who don't have BLog open all the time like me :D
1) Addressed “input lag” on PS3
If you have been experiencing “input lag” playing Battlefield 3 on PlayStation 3, we now believe we have significantly improved this situation for all players.

2) Improved audio stability on PS3
The audio dropouts reported by some PlayStation 3 gamers playing Battlefield 3 should now be fixed for the majority of players .

3) Weapons balancing
Based on detailed community feedback and data analysis we have made some minor weapon tweaks to recoil and accuracy. The goal of these tweaks, and the overall goal in Battlefield 3, is to give each weapon a unique feel and competitive performance to other weapons of a similar type.

M416: First shot and horizontal recoil slightly increased. This should make the choice between M16 and M416 more interesting again.

L85A2: Slightly reduced horizontal recoil.

AUG: first shot recoil slightly to increase weapon controllability.

FAMAS: Slightly reduced horizontal recoil.

G53: Vertical recoil reduced to make this weapon more controllable.

QBZ-95B: Slightly reduced horizontal recoil.

LSAT: Hip accuracy has been increased to highlight the weapon’s role as a highly mobile LMG.

Type88 LMG: Recoil has been decreased to make it a viable option when compared to the M249.

M5K: Increased horizontal recoil and decreased vertical recoil to focus this weapon as a high damage, low control PDW.

UMP45: Decreased fully automatic fire to differentiate this weapon from the PP2000.

MP412: Increased its accuracy to better distinguish it from the .44 Magnum.

M26: Increased aimed accuracy to be in line with the other shotguns.

4) Weapons bug fixes
Fixed the MTAR’s range not being correctly reduced when equipped with the sound suppressor.

Fixed a bug where suppressive fire had reduced effect on the M16 and M5K when compared with other weapons.

Fixed a bug where the M5K’s Flash Suppressor had no effect on accuracy.

Fixed the L86A2 Heavy Barrel’s hip accuracy penalty being far larger than other weapons.

Fixed an issue with the Mk3 shotgun’s ACOG being low resolution.

5) M-COM disarm fix
Fixed an issue where M-COM stations couldn’t be disarmed from the left side while standing up.

6) Alborz Mountains rock fix
Rocks and stones collision tweaked on Armored Kill maps. Players should no longer be able to exploit a collision issue that allowed them to hide inside rock formations.

7) Operation Shield/Alborz Mountains Tank Superiority area fix
Tank Superiority visual combat areas fixed on Operation Shield and Alborz Mountains. There was earlier a 10×10 meter patch on the mountain that became out of combat for US. This was technically already fixed server side, however this will update the actual visuals to be correct.

8) Death Valley collision fix
Collision tweaked on the railroad tunnel roof. This fix prevents players from being able to hide inside the railroad tunnel roof.

9) Sharqi Squad Rush spawn fix
Players would sometimes spawn out of combat if spawning shortly after the first M-COM explodes on Squad Rush on Sharqi Peninsula. With this fix, spawn points have been moved back to prevent this from happening.

10) Alborz Mountains Squad Rush fix
Cameras were incorrect in the spawn menu, pointing to old locations and not where you would actually spawn in. This has now been fixed.

11) Gunship balancing changes
We have now removed the gunship FLIR view (the position is still available, just not the black/white view) and decreased the damage radius of cannon explosions. This was done because of balancing reasons. Previously it was too easy for the gunner to get visual contact on enemy soldiers on the maps, and the splash damage is reduced to make it harder to kill infantry from the cannon seat.

12) Mobile Artillery spawn bug fixed
Two players can no longer spawn into the Mobile Artillery. This was a spawn-in-menu bug on the Operation Shield map which has now been fixed.

13) Tweaked hard to get medals
Looking at the persistence system, we could see that a number of the hard to get medals were actually too hard to achieve (in our opinion based on our intended design). While we never meant for all medals to have an equal distribution, the hardest ones were still intended to be more achievable than they have proven to be so far. Therefore, we have slightly decreased the prerequisites to achieve a number of the hardest to get medals in the game. One positive side effect (if you like playing Recon) is that we will likely see a slight bump in the Recon kit’s average Score Per Minute overall.

How to download the latest update (Multiplayer Update 5)
PLAYSTATION 3 SPECIFIC INFO
Patch goes live: November 27
How to download patch once it is live: When starting the game, the patch will automatically download. It is mandatory to accept this download if you want to play the game.

XBOX 360 SPECIFIC INFO
Patch goes live: November 27
How to download patch once it is live: When starting the game, you will get a popup notifying you that Multiplayer Update 5 is available. It is not mandatory to accept this, but we advise you to do so. Otherwise, you can find Multiplayer Update 5 both on Xbox Live Marketplace and in our in-game store as a manual download.

PC SPECIFIC INFO
Patch goes live: No later than December 4
How to download patch once it is live: As soon as you start your Origin client, the latest game update will automatically start downloading (unless you’ve disabled the option “Automatically keep my games up to date”, in which case it will start downloading when you try to run the game). In Battlelog, you will be notified from the Game Manager. Once you acknowledge the update, it will start downloading within the Origin client.

Sauce; BF3 patch: PS3 input lag removed, weapons balancing, and bug fixes
- News - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 3

And:
Take with a gain of salt note.

Fair point, given DICE can't even spell their own map names right...

PC master race!

CPU; Intel i7 2600K @4.3GHz
CPU Cooler; Corsair H60 cooler
Memory; 12GB 1866MHz Corsair RAM
GPU; ASUS GTX 670 (slightly OC'd)
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Storage; 240GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD (7200RPM)
PSU; Cooler Master GX 650 Bronze

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheLB95" (Nov 26th 2012, 6:39pm)

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:46pm

Fucking finally!

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:48pm

So am I right in thinking that DICE are making the slow rate of fire weapons much easier to handle , sort of a compensation for the domination of the high rate of fire weapons?

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:49pm

omg finally i pray that they have fixed the sound drop out pleeeeease.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:51pm

12) Mobile Artillery spawn bug fixed
Two players can no longer spawn into the Mobile Artillery. This was a spawn-in-menu bug on the Operation Shield map which has now been fixed.

Why am I not surprised that DICE don't even know the names of the maps in the game THEY built.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:51pm

hahahahh operation shield haha
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Immortal Tombat

Ellipsis guys...

(285)

Date of registration
: Jun 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:52pm

Where the actual fuck is the damn L96 buff? I'm going to shove the muzzle brake of DICE's beloved JNG up their arse and tear them a new one with it.
Wankers.
I have voiced my frustration directly on the BL page. Doubt they'll actually see it, or give a fuck for that matter.

GJ, LB.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Immortal Tombat" (Nov 26th 2012, 6:02pm)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:53pm

Very pleased about the buffs to the QBZ and T88 but I'm a little confused about the REX buff. I thought the REX was meant to be a fast, hard hitting, close range monster as opposed to the .44 Magnum's almost sniper rifle accuracy and RoF? Why buff its accuracy then?
I wonder if I should start putting a ton of time into the T88. Might be good for some lulz :D
Aaaaand the Funship is useless now it seems. I can barely hit shit with it as it is :(

Overall: Meh. You've made the QBZ better and the T88 good again but I don't know what they're doing with the REX or the Funship. And c'mon, no Bizon Buff? Awww :(

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:54pm

If they truly fix the sound drop (opposed to them making it worse) I'll be a happy bunny. As for the low-RPM weapons getting increased handling; I think that's a good thing. The high RPM weapons have dominated enough already

Quoted from "Immortal Tombat"

Where the actual fuck is the damn L96 buff? I'm going to shove the muzzle brake of DICE's beloved JNG up their arse and tear them a new one with it.
Wankers.GJ, LB.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...

InternationalGamer

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:57pm

There's also some hidden changes that's not part of the patch notes.

Different bugs added to fix for the End Game patch.

*flies away*