Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 10:07am

Suppression Effect in Battlefield 4 - Yay or Nay?

Of all the things I hope that DICE don't carry over to BF4 it is the suppression effect . for me it totally ruins certain aspects of the game , in particular the run&gun aspect which attracts me to smaller more infantry based maps(Metro, Bazaar, Seine ).

I find the he whole concept of suppression quiet good , locking down sections of map making full frontal charges on positions harder , but I find it poorly executed due to the random bullet deviation effect it induces , to the point that it has really become detrimental to game play , most notable is the law "he who shoots first , wins - even if he misses the first shot" .
Nothing pisses me off more in this game that being face to face with someone and watching my rounds hit the wall at a 75o angle beside my target even though I clearly have my target on his bodymass.

So for me it's a big Nay , I really hope suppression in it's current form is not carried over to BF4.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 10:15am

My only problem with suppression is that it alters spread. Like, I can understand that getting shot at would throw off your focus and make it harder to handle recoil and see, but it can alter physics, too? Like make bullets shoot at huge angles out of the barrel? That's just ridiculous.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

PyaKura

Password Giver

(327)

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 10:19am

Remove spread inc. Increase H.rec under suppression. Keep the same V.rec inc.
And it would be perfect.
Ded.

Rizn-Nuke

first!!! denied...

(458)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 10:25am

Old thread...
And you two say exactly what I wanted, when I started such a thread ^^

To the part of the realism:
First I thought like you: why does suppression make my bullets fly everywhere, but recently I shot a real gun for the first time. I must say, if you don't have the time to focus, you might aim at the right point, but the deviation can be a huge factor at even close ranges.

Bullets may have your name on them, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Quoted from "ViperFTW"

"Pff, c'mon. You know I'm like the crazy homeless man who lives in the postbox, everyone ignores me but I'M GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT SHIT ANYWAYS :DDD"

Spoiler Spoiler

"I don't think I've ever moved THAT fast xD. Next time a bear's chasing me say he'll hack my acount if he catches me xDD" -Vip3rFTW

I've sat and came up with 3 theories about your PC, Rizn.
1) Its constructed by Satan and every so often it'll crash to a Red Screen that just says "Another must fall", which is your queue to go out, find a virgin, kill her and pour the blood over the beating-heart-like processor within
2) Its powered by some secret military/alien tech.
3) (My sister's idea) Its powered by the core of the Earth and is, as a direct result, responsible for climate change. Your PC being able to run the BF4 beta without crashing/lagging will destroy humanity

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 10:34am

Well yeah but you've someone without any combat training.
We're talking about soldiers that SHOULD be used to their weaponry, when sometimes it seems they're not.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:02am

I think it should definitely be in bf4, But I also agree that it could benefit from some further tweaks, I think removing the spread penalty and upping the recoil is a great start, I feel like that would still make it harder to hit distant targets when suppressed while not causing you to miss a guy 10 feet infront of you. Maybe increasing the screen blur? I find that in itself is pretty effective at stopping me from getting hits on distant targets.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

altered

altered his username

(728)

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:10am

If suppression is in BF4 i wont buy it. Its a horrible mechanic and everyone that tells you otherwise is just too bad at the game to understand why its horrible. The worst thing about it is that it makes a agressive boltaction gameplay really frustrating and completely unfair (only headshot OHK are enough of a disadvantage to ballance boltactions compared to the high rpm/low recoil fullauto weapons at CQ engagements).
The argument that supression is part of the game and people should adapt by not running blindly is a pretty stupid argument. Running into an ambush will punish you by getting shot anyway there is no need to help people who cant aim and win gunfights even if they are in a fortified position vs a player that runs out in the open.
Blurry screens, more recoil are acceptable but random bullet spread inrease is just plain retarded and only makes fullauto weapons even stronger than they are already.
I am part of that power which would the evil ever do and ever does the good.

Are you a Symthican and a PC BF3 player?

A catfish has appeared!

Help represent Symthic on the battlefield.
Join Team Symthic!

"If it revolves around DICE physics...i will find a way to abuse it in some ridiculous manor, that you can count on" - elementofprgress

PyaKura

Password Giver

(327)

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:25am

If suppression is in BF4 i wont buy it. Its a horrible mechanic and everyone that tells you otherwise is just too bad at the game to understand why its horrible. The worst thing about it is that it makes a agressive boltaction gameplay really frustrating and completely unfair (only headshot OHK are enough of a disadvantage to ballance boltactions compared to the high rpm/low recoil fullauto weapons at CQ engagements).
The argument that supression is part of the game and people should adapt by not running blindly is a pretty stupid argument. Running into an ambush will punish you by getting shot anyway there is no need to help people who cant aim and win gunfights even if they are in a fortified position vs a player that runs out in the open.
Blurry screens, more recoil are acceptable but random bullet spread inrease is just plain retarded and only makes fullauto weapons even stronger than they are already.
lol @ the first two sentences.

Suppression is an interesting mechanic, but DICE failed to implant it well. It definitely needs some (drastic) changes, but the idea of suppression itself is good.
Ded.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:43am

Anyone hating suppression because of the spread increase has clearly NEVER FIRED A WEAPON

You would understand perfectly well what's really going on when you're panicing and not handling the weapon to 100%. I've seen tons of people who can't even hit a 1 meter target at 15 meters even when they are trying to focus. No one is shooting at them, all time in the world to take the shot, target is perfectly in their sights. But they're not handling the weapon properly. They're not squeezing off the trigger, they're not in the proper stance, their grip is wrong. Etc etc.

Suppression effect in the game is extremely weak atm. It was great back in the April patch and that's the amount of suppression I hope would get put into BF4. Yes some people managed to abuse it in metro by just charging in with guns blazing. But seriously, the people killed there were retarded blind monkeys for huddling together in a pile with no one covering their backs. So what if the front guy gets suppressed, the guy covering him wouldn't have been and could have easily taken him out. But of course, no one did that, thus everyone died just like they're supposed to.

The ONLY things missing is:

1. Visual notification that your body is pumping with adrenaline and can't control your weapon, even lining up the sights is troublesome. Atm it looks just like normal except a bit blurry which makes people assume that their aim is true. Couldn't be more wrong.

2. Weapon experience for the users. Seriously. Normal people just don't understand wtf is going on and just assume that if the crosshair is on target the bullet will hit 100%. That's not how things work.

A game without a suppression effect renders LMG's 90% useless as well as removes at least 50% of the teamwork. You can hate suppression as much as you want, but if you do get suppressed, whose fault is it? It's your own for thinking that you're an invincible rambo who can just dash through a hail of bullets, not looking to your flanks at all or even caring about covering your teammates.

Suppression is the very cornerstone of modern combat. A "battlefield" game without suppression effect is just plain stupid. If you just want to run around and kill stuff you might just as well play an arcade game like CoD.

Half of my firing range is apparently back in action... Might be able to make that video about what bullet spread REALLY is about.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 11:49am

Anyone hating suppression because of the spread increase has clearly NEVER FIRED A WEAPON

As someone who has fired and still fires weapons , I can tell you now that a bullet will never leave the barrel of a gun at a 45o angle , which is currently what happens in this game while your suppressed , DICE once again defining physics.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "paddyotool" (Nov 24th 2012, 11:56am)