Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 2:26am

Ok so here is my views on this. If anyone wants my views after this message me. I will not be replieing again after this.

First. The arguement that the weapon can not be respected holds. The counter argument about the game overall not being realistic is true too. But here is my counter to that. Each weapon is respected. Even in an attempt to balance them they are respected. The 98b is the strongest sniper, the rifles all fire the same kinds of rounds. They even tried to make all the shotguns true to their real life counterparts. It was a balance nightmare but they tried. Realistic no but all guns have been respected.

Next I argue it is not needed. We have weapons that do the purposed weapons job as is. Adding guns to this game has been a balance nightmare. We of all people should know this the most. Adding another gun is just another thing to balance. Not really something we need to do.

Next it can't be balanced. You make this a slow firing semi and to balance it make it climb. My response: its a 98b that I don't need a SPB on. I will stick a Bipod on it and now I have no recoil. Done.

Make it a bolt action and you need to make it fire faster than the 98. We really don't need another campers tool and again the Bipod fixes the recoil. It will not help push people to cap flags if they have a better 98 camping sniper.

Also if it's a bolt action. If you make if fire slowly to balance it the the Bipod becomes a default attachment. It's not great to design a weapon that
really is only of use with one set off attachments. It goes against the feel of the game.

Last I feel like the only reason anyone is asking for it is not that it is needed but they have a hard on for a big gun. Really tho the big gun is not needed. So please. Put your hard on away, take this box of tissues and go have some alone time. Because repeating the same thread over and over is tiring.

Dice.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 3:32am

I think as cool as it would be to have it; a .50 BMG rifle is not needed. It really comes down to this: Do we really need two M98s?
I think the M98 is all we really need even though its only a LapMag. But it does everything the BMG would be created for so why make it?
It would be really cool to see and there are many ways to make it fit but in the sense of practicality it isn't needed when we have a rifle built for the roles it would fill.

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 9:30am

As I've said many times, the LAR Grizzly Big Boar is very balanced as a potential A/M and A/I rifle. Bolt action, single round feeding(no magazine), time consuming reload (as the actual buttplate is where the bolt is mounted)
http://www.largrizzly.com/image/image_ga…t=1255006462354
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 9:52am

I think as cool as it would be to have it; a .50 BMG rifle is not needed. It really comes down to this: Do we really need two M98s?
I think the M98 is all we really need even though its only a LapMag. But it does everything the BMG would be created for so why make it?
It would be really cool to see and there are many ways to make it fit but in the sense of practicality it isn't needed when we have a rifle built for the roles it would fill.

Why do we have 3 near identical sniper rifles? M40, JNG, L96.. Plus, JNG now does everything the L96 does but better, so the L96 is officially useless. And then the M40 does everything better than the JNG except bullet speed, so even that is pretty much useless..

It really would be nice to have another almost the same weapon, just to have something different. As it is we only have a single high powered rifle.

Giving the M82 the same damage as M98 while giving it slightly faster ROF while increasing spread is a pretty decent tradeoff. Yes you can slap a bipod on it and camp - just like you can with any other sniper rifle, but it will still have some spread left which will discourage long range sniping.

M98B is a highly accurate extreme range sniper rifle
M82 is a high powered fast shooting sniper rifle

As has been done with so many other weapons in the game you can easily call it a truce and just accept that 95-59 damage is a helluva lot and fucks up anyone you hit, which should be enough to bring justice to these awesome weapons.

And another thing, hip spread should be greatly increased for all non-DMR sniper rifles...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 9:55am

It would completely outclass the bolt actions in the role of Aggressive Recon, that is for sure. Slap a 3.4x and Laser Sight on it and hit chest boxes for days.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 10:06am

...or just add the 6x rifle scope and remove everything with a lower magnification for it?
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, November 11th 2012, 10:41am

Now exactly how would it outclass existing sniper rifles if it's almost identical to the M98B? If so, M98B is already the ultimate aggressive sniper rifle, which it clearly isn't. Plus with increased hip spread the laser would have low effect.

Edit:

Rough sketch on my idea:

wtf is up with thebroken numbers oO It looks just fine on my computer as well as on photobucket, but on symthic they get messed up oO

jpg? wtf, it works better with the jpg than the png :|

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Aenonar" (Nov 11th 2012, 11:11am)

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, November 12th 2012, 2:29am

Im amazed this thread lasted 3 pages... i love all these postive options.
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

• "TwinWolf954" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, November 12th 2012, 7:53am

Ok so here is my views on this. If anyone wants my views after this message me. I will not be replieing again after this.

First. The arguement that the weapon can not be respected holds. The counter argument about the game overall not being realistic is true too. But here is my counter to that. Each weapon is respected. Even in an attempt to balance them they are respected. The 98b is the strongest sniper, the rifles all fire the same kinds of rounds. They even tried to make all the shotguns true to their real life counterparts. It was a balance nightmare but they tried. Realistic no but all guns have been respected.

"Respected" in the sense that every weapon at least identical in performance and/or feeling, compared to their real-life counterparts? In that sense, then almost every weapon in the game has been disrespected in some way. Even if "respecting" a weapon was an absolute requirement (it isn't) for adding a weapon to a BF3 for extra variety, I fail to see how the real-life M82A3 would be disrespected if portrayed as as a powerful semi-automatic rifle in-game (as it is in real-life).

Next I argue it is not needed. We have weapons that do the purposed weapons job as is. Adding guns to this game has been a balance nightmare. We of all people should know this the most. Adding another gun is just another thing to balance. Not really something we need to do.

The main purpose of every primary weapon in the game is to kill. What separates them is how (and where) they excel at their purpose. From what I can tell, there isn't any primary weapon in this game that delivers semi-automatic fire while retaining the stopping power (and some accuracy) of a bolt-action at long range.

Is it needed? No. But then again, neither were the weapons in the B2K and CQ expansion packs (with emphasis on 'expansion packs', or additions to games that add to the diversity - and even longevity - of the game).

Next it can't be balanced. You make this a slow firing semi and to balance it make it climb. My response: its a 98b that I don't need a SPB on. I will stick a Bipod on it and now I have no recoil. Done.

Make it a bolt action and you need to make it fire faster than the 98. We really don't need another campers tool and again the Bipod fixes the recoil. It will not help push people to cap flags if they have a better 98 camping sniper.

Also if it's a bolt action. If you make if fire slowly to balance it the the Bipod becomes a default attachment. It's not great to design a weapon that really is only of use with one set off attachments. It goes against the feel of the game.

The M82A3 would be balanced in the sense that it hits just as hard as a bolt-action, but trades a bit of handling and accuracy for a higher rate of fire. With accuracy being more of a necessity as you engage the enemy from further distances, I could argue that this weapon would actually be less beneficial to players who prefer to take potshots from extreme distances, and more beneficial to snipers who are ideally close enough to provide effective sniper fire for their team.

In short, it would bridge the gap between Recon's semi-auto DMRs and bolt-actions.

You're also assuming that the bipod would give the M82A3 no recoil and would outperform all other bolt-actions while deployed, all while forgetting that the values of the bipod itself can be altered individually for each weapon.

Last I feel like the only reason anyone is asking for it is not that it is needed but they have a hard on for a big gun. Really tho the big gun is not needed. So please. Put your hard on away, take this box of tissues and go have some alone time. Because repeating the same thread over and over is tiring.

Hope you got a pillow and blanket then, because I'll be damned if I let someone else's disposition towards certain ideas stop me from expressing my own.

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, November 12th 2012, 8:42am

It would be the best Aggressive Recon weapon due to the above average damage, even for a bolt action, as well as the much higher RoF. It might lack in hipfire, sure, but with a decent aim, being able to hit those chest hitboxes wouldn't be overly hard, and even if you miss it is a lot quicker for the follow up shot.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.