Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "leroy_bishop" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:03am

800 x 600. The eye bleeding magical resolution.

Hey guys I decided to slap 800x600 resolution on after some claims it "improves hit detection"
And it magically seems to do so. I can't offer any reason to why it would and the performance increase isn't noticeable from my original resolution.
Yet I seem to be hitting things with much more regularity. Especially helpful since I'm a sniper/shotgun user.

Any explanations/questions or overall comments about this odd resolutions.
Also does anyone else remove the eye candy for improvement of gameplay?

Top 0% for the M1014 apparently :D

C4 Mob Detonator

Quoted

16:21 Dice: Guys i got board and did some number crunhing
16:21 leroy_bishop: shoot dice, what do you have?
16:21 Dice: Guess what tthe top 30 posts hold in coust cout % wise?
16:22 leroy_bishop: eh?
16:22 J0hn: Dice> Guess what tthe top 30 posts hold in coust cout % wise?
16:22 Lt_Col_Jesus: Can you say that again?
16:22 J0hn: WUT
16:22 Lt_Col_Jesus: In english?
16:22 leroy_bishop: ENGRiSH PLOX
16:22 J0hn: LOOL
16:22 Dice: 0.84% of the registered users hold 46.45% of the posts
16:22 J0hn: THAT NEEDS TO BE IN SOMEONE'S SIGNATURE
16:22 leroy_bishop: xD

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:05am

I play Minecraft in a better resolution than that... WTF.

As for your question. It might have to do with less rendering of the image or something.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 10:19am

I play Minecraft in a better resolution than that... WTF.

As for your question. It might have to do with less rendering of the image or something.

Oh believe me it's not pretty, it's like me running CS 1.6 on my 64mb graphics card all over again

C4 Mob Detonator

Quoted

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 11:12am

ive also tryed this and agree but i have 2 other sweet spot resolutions 1366 x 738 and 1680 x 1050

but these prob due to my hardware
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:02pm

Seriously:

Am I the only one around here who doesn't have hit detection problems?! You lot must play on some laggy fucking servers or have internet made of straw or something because if you were to ask me to think of one game where I got a shot that should of registered but didn't I couldn't name one :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:05pm

Am I the only one around here who doesn't have hit detection problems?! You lot must play on some laggy fucking servers or have internet made of straw or something because if you were to ask me to think of one game where I got a shot that should of registered but didn't I couldn't name one :P

I don't either. Network smoothing factor all the way off, opened all bf3 and origin ports, granted bf3 full access through my firewall, and gave my internet a cookie :3 Plus I daily maintain my computer and daily driver-updates,

I have a bad connection myself, but I almost never notice a bad hit detection of any kind. I honestly believe that the hit detection would be a lot less bad if people would just maintain their PC's.

Sadly enough, most people on the internet nowadays are the kind of people who would actually ask in a store "does this computer come with internet?"

but, to go ontopic: Yes, the lower resolution helps your hit detection (and recoil control) a fair bit. Tested it a fair bit with a clanmate of mine a decent while ago, going from the highest to the lowest resolution was a massive difference. You almost don't have to compensate for recoil, and just about every hit actually hits. But then again, playing on 800*600 brings certain disadvantages with it, i.e not being able to see sh*t

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:17pm

I don't either. Network smoothing factor all the way off, opened all bf3 and origin ports, granted bf3 full access through my firewall, and gave my internet a cookie :3 Plus I daily maintain my computer and daily driver-updates,

I have a bad connection myself, but I almost never notice a bad hit detection of any kind. I honestly believe that the hit detection would be a lot less bad if people would just maintain their PC's.

Sadly enough, most people on the internet nowadays are the kind of people who would actually ask in a store "does this computer come with internet?"

but, to go ontopic: Yes, the lower resolution helps your hit detection (and recoil control) a fair bit. Tested it a fair bit with a clanmate of mine a decent while ago, going from the highest to the lowest resolution was a massive difference. You almost don't have to compensate for recoil, and just about every hit actually hits. But then again, playing on 800*600 brings certain disadvantages with it, i.e not being able to see sh*t

I think it's the fact that Australia isn't exactly the land of prime internet. I think 2 for the general public 2 towns have optic fibre? The rest of the Nation is on copper wiring aka ADSL and Dial up. Or 3g/wireless.

Maintaining your computer only does so much and tweaking settings is the same.
Lower resolution just seems to make hit registration much crisper and I no longer get the magical 100% to 2% health drop because my end didn't even register them shooting at me.
Sniping is utterly beautiful now.

C4 Mob Detonator

Quoted

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:19pm

I think it's the fact that Australia isn't exactly the land of prime internet. I think 2 for the general public 2 towns have optic fibre? The rest of the Nation is on copper wiring aka ADSL and Dial up. Or 3g/wireless.

Lower resolution just seems to make hit registration much crisper and I no longer get the magical 100% to 2% health drop because my end didn't even register them shooting at me.

...australia?...people still live there?.. :P

Maintenance doesn't 100% fix the stuff dice did terribly, terribly wrong, but it does help more than you would expect.

True, but the question is...how well can you see your enemies? I personally could not play with 800*600 at all, but that might just be me.

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:20pm

I am less than 500m away from the cut off zone for fibre for one of those towns. I am beyond pissed.

And all of Tasmania and 5 towns on the mainland have it, if I remember right.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 12:34pm

I am less than 500m away from the cut off zone for fibre for one of those towns. I am beyond pissed.

And all of Tasmania and 5 towns on the mainland have it, if I remember right.

Oh Tasmania. rofl everyone on the mainland always forgets about those fellas.

C4 Mob Detonator

Quoted