Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 5:54pm

Interesting...I'd like to try it or something similar, but this would totally nullify all of the Recon toys aside of the spawn beacon...

UNLESS--What if the Recon was the only class with a minimap and a hud that JUST showed objectives?

Actually, TUGS gives 2 kind of beep sounds. One is a periodic beep (2 second interval) for clear, and then it makes another kind of been when someone is moving on it's radious.

OT: I'd like to try ho UI gameplay, if I wasn't on console and on SQ.

Yeah, but the range of the TUGS is pretty wide, so an audio blip (which IIRC doesn't account for more that one enemy) is useless and more likely to be confusing than helpful on maps like Seine/Bazaar, etc., since there is no way to properly predict where the enemy is, or if it's one baddie around the corner, or eight plus an IFV...

My point was trying to give the Recon class a unique, critically important role on par with the other classes (keeping teammates informed and aware in the absence of reliable intel) so the non-UI matches could be something different without devolving into the usual "Assault Class All-Star Olympics"... :D

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 7:54pm

i tried it.

its kinda like drugs, at first it looks all pretty but than you get hammered and hammered and you wish you never did it.

or im just bad...

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 7:56pm

Only if you take too much.
Where too much is a relative term and applies to all things and not only drugs.

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 10:01pm

I don't know about you guys but I do not find the sound to be accurate or reliable at all. With a 5.1 SS system, and with headphones on... The footstep sounds just happen randomly, they move from right speakers to left, even though the enemy is running at you.. The only thing that changes is the intensity as relative to the distance away from you. But then again, sometimes sounds get stuck in an infinite loop (shell casings, tumbling building, shooting...), so yeah I am very displeased with the audio in BF3. I had high hopes of being able to hear "MEDIC!!!" from a wounded enemy and be able to ascertain his position.

MOH online had awesome audio, shell casings dropping and bouncing in a clay hut 20m away to your left would get processed correctly, if you spin the sounds would transition appropriately. If an enemy was shooting away from you it sounded different than if their gun is facing your general direction.. It wasn't quite soundwhoring from COD4, but it was AMAZING. eargasm
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 11:03pm

Bf3 is far from perfect in a lot of aspects.

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, October 8th 2012, 12:38am

I'd have liked it if they got the THUMP of tank guns, the CRACK of rifle fire and the hollow ting, ting, ting of shell casings falling to the floor. That'd be worthy of a 200 Seinheisser headset.
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, October 8th 2012, 9:29am

i tried this on pc and would be fun except for the fact that u cant spawn nor can u select ur kits or anything else as they invisible too this was an option in bf3 settings editor from realmware
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube