Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Labby

(6,444)

• "Labby" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 9:35am

Scout Heli Predictive Sight Glitch

I just picked up the PC version on sale after playing the xbox version forever. I got in my AH-6J, marvelled at how good it looks in 1920x1080, and realized something was very wrong.

My bullets weren't going at all where they should be. On xbox, the scout heli's miniguns hit exactly in the center of the predictive crosshair, making it easy to fire accurately. On PC my bullets seem to be shooting a good bit above where they should go. I have a hard time hitting anything.

I tried figuring out what could be wrong, and tracked it down to the resolution. I changed my resolution to 1366x768 and the sights worked perfectly, exactly as they did on xbox.

I'm not sure what resolution has to do with sights being correctly aligned, but I'd really like to be able to play the game and enjoy PC graphics at the same time. At the moment it's one or the other.

Edit: Video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGWsXPF3vLk&feature=plcp
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Labby" (Oct 3rd 2012, 1:33am) with the following reason: Updating with video demonstrating the bug.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 11:22am

Hmm... Guessed that Dice had just fucked it up again (which they apparently had, but not the way I thought they did). I'm guessing it has to do with that they're using field of view to calculate everything..

I've always aimed somewhere in between the two crosshairs.. Would be damn neat if it really did align properly though :> Wonder if I should reduce the resolution.. hmm...

Same story with the jet sights.. Have you tested if those align properly with that resolution as well?

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 11:25am

I'm running on a 1300x900'ish resolution, and my aiming point is right in the middle of the moving crosshair

I don't get why the resolution matters that much, but...ye, probably a DICE-surprise™

• "Kirbinanator" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 11:56am

I know on consoles the floating crosshair works for the scouts, attack helicopters, and jet machine guns. The jet rocket pods use the centre crosshair.

THIS IS A MATURE CHRISTIAN MESSAGE BOARD

Spoiler Spoiler

Do we have makeup sex now?

Don't be ridiculous, nobody who acts as childishly as you have ever gets laid. You're recent behaviour has been completely unacceptable. I don't understand why you think it is OK to insult other members with such an aggressive tone as you do, but it stops now. This is a mature and polite forum and shitty attitudes will not be tolerated. Consider this a warning, if it does not stop then you're heading for a ban.

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 11:57am

The jet rocket pods use the centre crosshair.

For as far as I'm aware, it differs per jet

CQ jets = floating I
Rush jets = centre crosshair

Also, jet chaingun = the one that stays in the complete middle

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 11:59am

Never used rocket pods on the rush jets because the cannons is better. And the jet gun actually does have a floating crosshair inside that stationary one. It's very noticeable when you are trying to headshot some douche who is staring at the sky with a stinger.

Spoiler Spoiler

Don't be ridiculous, nobody who acts as childishly as you have ever gets laid. You're recent behaviour has been completely unacceptable. I don't understand why you think it is OK to insult other members with such an aggressive tone as you do, but it stops now. This is a mature and polite forum and shitty attitudes will not be tolerated. Consider this a warning, if it does not stop then you're heading for a ban.

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 12:01pm

Never used rocket pods on the rush jets because the cannons is better

The chaingun is more powerful, but it is terribly inaccurate on the rush jets. Arguable, the rocket pods are a better option against infantry than the chaingun

And the jet gun actually does have a floating crosshair inside that stationary one. It's very noticeable when you are trying to headshot some douche who is staring at the sky with a stinger.

True, but the stationary one in the middle is still the one that indicates where your chaingun is going to hit.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 12:06pm

Never used rocket pods on the rush jets because the cannons is better

The chaingun is more powerful, but it is terribly inaccurate on the rush jets. Arguable, the rocket pods are a better option against infantry than the chaingun

And the jet gun actually does have a floating crosshair inside that stationary one. It's very noticeable when you are trying to headshot some douche who is staring at the sky with a stinger.

True, but the stationary one in the middle is still the one that indicates where your chaingun is going to hit.

I think the second quote is the reason you are having trouble aiming. Look for the dot in the middle for the true aim point.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 12:21pm

Nah, the jet cannon fires dead on the centre crosshair. I sometimes think it's the floating circle but I have no idea what that is. For cannons, it's always the floating I.

OP, you might want to run some tests. It can all depend on your velocity. For me, I generally use the centre of the floating crosshair but sometimes when strafing, you aim my target in between the two crosshairs.
Not entirely sure which is more accurate but I'm pretty sure the floating crosshair is a fairly good indicator of where you're gonna hit.

I'm surprised not more people know of the floating I for rockets.

Serial Service Star Collector
Getting close to 62 mastered weapons.
Weapons with at least 1 SS: 74

Also play PC.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 12:27pm

i never know know which it is for the jets the still one or the moving I bar.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3