Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

• "Nick 30075" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:03pm

Should we release major bugs to the world?

This is something I've been thinking of. We know of a good many major bugs (which I'll decline to mention because our current policy is to keep them under wraps) that are gamebreaking on some weapons and vehicles. However, given DICE's current rate of patching, we cannot expect a fix until Aftermath releases. This means that, for example, helicopter duels have been ruined (just in time for Armored Kill to be released!) and will not be fixed for a long time.

I don't know about y'all, but if helicopter duels have been ruined and the sky is basically ruled by the RU team, I'd rather not play AK.

And let's not start on all of the bugs for the M5K that imbalance it.

et cetera.

So it comes down to the poll--should we continue trying to keep these bugs under wraps (so we don't see abusers like we did with UDartBro) or should we release them all to the public in one huge swoop so as to try to pressure DICE into patching them?

Basically, this comes down to this: how much can we expect a huge amount of community pressure to work against DICE? We failed once before, with UDartBro, but it's quite possible that EA would rather this not happen twice in a row. I'm honestly thinking that some fixes seriously need to happen but they're not going to unless we get the community to "riot" all at once so as to force DICE/EA to do something.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:12pm

Meh the community will abuse everything possible. Our current policy is right, hide them and notify DICE, if they bother to listen things like HAVOC BS should get instapatched. I just hope it doesnt end like another DICE report if we hide them and notify.

If needed then the bomb shall be dropped and DICE will sink into hunderds of thousands of BLog whiners screaming HURR THIS IS OP NERF in the 847272 thrwads a week they'll make.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:13pm

I honestly don't think that DICE would try to fix these bugs right away even if we did release them. The M26 Dart was such a game breaking bug to infantry that I quit the game over it until they fixed it, which only happened months later. If it took them that long to fix something as serious as the Dart, I wouldn't believe them if they told us they would fix the rest of the major bugs. In my opinion it's best to keep things quiet to avoid the game being potentially ruined by its own community.

• "Kirbinanator" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:14pm

Make a subforum that requires a # of posts and is hidden from those who don't have access to them.

THIS IS A MATURE CHRISTIAN MESSAGE BOARD

Spoiler Spoiler

Do we have makeup sex now?

Don't be ridiculous, nobody who acts as childishly as you have ever gets laid. You're recent behaviour has been completely unacceptable. I don't understand why you think it is OK to insult other members with such an aggressive tone as you do, but it stops now. This is a mature and polite forum and shitty attitudes will not be tolerated. Consider this a warning, if it does not stop then you're heading for a ban.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

• "Nick 30075" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:15pm

Make a subforum that requires a # of posts and is hidden from those who don't have access to them.

All that does is let us know. And we recall these bugs, the issue is whether or not to release them to the rest of the world.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:24pm

Dice's policy for patches is absolutely laughable. When MW3 was released, it had about eight patches/updates between its release in November and the end of 2011. Releasing a lot of content at once is not the way to go with an online game. Because when there's a big issue, that issue won't be fixed for months. With any other game, that issue would be fixed within two weeks tops.

I really don't care. I don't fly often, and even when I do, my primary method of attack on an enemy helicopter isn't the gunner seat. If this discussion is between whether we should release it to Battlelog (and by connection, Dice) or just message Dice privately, I don't see why we should even release it to Battlelog, since either way Dice will know about it.

Unless of course it's because Dice tends to ignore us (i.e. the Dice Report), then I say release it all to Battlelog and let them deal with the mayhem.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:52pm

The World Champion realized this long ago. You gotta protect the people from themselves. Fact is, The Un-Classy Masses that make up the majority of the player base are a collection of barely literate, intellectually malnourished, reprobates with questionable hygiene. But for all their Sponginess, they seem really well at adapting to new game breaking bugs and/or glitches. then again most simple lifeforms are.

As for the Idea of releasing it to the masses to pressure dice into patching it(Hmm...kinda sounds like terrorism) is just laughable. Even more so in the day of Patch Synchronization, where "shit gets fixed when it does, and that is when we feel like it, so stop stalking me on twitter and how did you get my home number?". Giving the Spongeoids the detonator isn't going to do anything but ruin the game(some more) until some patch rolls down the pike in 4 months are so.

So I say catalog it like I did with my "revive Enemy glitch"(It's true.....sadly) and hand it off to Top Men.

TOP MEN.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The World Champion" (Sep 9th 2012, 7:00pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:56pm

More than pressuring DICE into fixing them, all that will be caused if we tell the world of the major bugs is sheer frustration.

You tell everyone these bugs, you'll get the cunts and dickheads of the USAS days and the M26 days doing their shit (although not on such a scale).

We saw how quickly DICE fixed the Dart and the USAS, didn't we?
Symthic?

PyaKura

Password Giver

(327)

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:57pm

I vote Yes, because yeah, it's true, number of glitch abusers will probably increase but, most of the players will complain about these bugs. So we can have the bugs fixed quicker.
Ded.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 9:40pm

See, I think it depends. I was debating this last night.

The only way to 'abuse' the Havoc glitch is for the US team to steal it from the base. Otherwise everyone 'plays fair' and nobody uses helos or both teams just continue and have to live with the inbalance. Personally if I where a server admin on a Caspian server I would give the US team a few more starting tickets to level out the balance a bit, but that's the only thing I can think of. This is the kind of glitch which I personally would not mind releasing because it could not result in an uproar like the M26 did.

However, the M16's suppression glitch is different. Granted the gun is overused anyway, but if people knew that it gained accuracy from suppression the community would be divided into glitchers and anti-glitchers.

The M5K's glitch is a blessing and a curse - it doesn't lose accuracy from suppression, but you can't fire crouched/prone with it so in a funny way the glitches kidna balance out.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.