Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

• "Dice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:17pm

Our new Project. Reviewing the gun's and a list of reviews by members, both new and old.

Ok. I am going to make this short and simple. We are all starting to act like fools. We are at each other, attacking one another and bitching like children. And why? Because we are a bunch of smart people with strong opinions that have lost direction. We have been locked in a room and given a project. "Make this site work and gather all the info we can." Well tho not over I can happily say mission accomplished. So what happens after that? What happens when you give a group of smart and opinionated people nothing to do and lock them in a small space? You get us.

Now what is wrong with us? Well the site is dying. Disagree? Fine. Your welcome too but have a look at what has happened these past months. We have had nothing to do and we have bitched and taken swings at each other. Some have stopped coming on as often as they have and some leave with nothing to say. Thinking: "But AK will save us" Bull shit. We will tear though AK with all the speed and ferociousity of a cornered wild cat. AK will not hold us for more than a month before we are finished with it. It offers a distraction, not a savoir.

So here is what we do and if you disagree with me that's fine but I am going to be blunt. I do not care that you disagree I will march on without you. So yes this is what we do. We start on the old idea of reviews. Guys we know every stat. We know what gun has the least sound when it has can on the front. We know the glitches and we know the numbers. We know almost everything we can so lets get this ball rolling.

Call me serous. Call me whatever the fuck you want but really, we are all suffering from cabin fever and dam we need this now. Right now. So I am going to use this as a calling card. If you want to talk or talk about what I have said here that's fine but I really want to use this space for something much better. Lets start the review project. Something long term we can all do. Offering those of us that can write ideas from those of use with information. We do not have to do it apart. We can do it as a group. Messages of ideas can flow again. Fights become common place again BUT they are fights that bear fruit not just create rifts. We have so much we can do we could do this for months. So if you think it sounds like a good idea than I am more than willing to organise this and get it started. If you think it is a bad idea then fine. You don't have to help but I will move on without you.

Now why do I sound like a total ass right now? Frustration. I see another fight today between two members of this site I both like and I just get jack of it. So I am pissed, I am tired and I think sometimes when you are angry then the things that need to be said can be said more plainly. This also helps to catch your attention and point out this is not a joke. I am dead serous about my worries and I hope that this can fix the issues I see.

So on to the reviews. Guns are a tiny part of the game and very limiting. We can touch on lots of things. A short list that comes to mind is:

Guns
Attachments
Maps
Air, Sea and Land vehicles
Classes
Equipment (Nick has started on this with the MASS)
Playstyles
General tips and suggestions

With this we can go for ages. Tho not for everyone I think it will be good for a lot of us. Our way of thinking is one of math and reason. We are fans of numbers. We think ahead. We helped build a railgun for fucks sake. We are a smart group and we can do this. Come together and make a better dam review of everything than DICE does. Because we all know the CQ "Help book" was total junk.

So if you want to help please say what you want to help with here and I will put a list together and be the center management for the work. If you think this is a bad idea then again so be it. That is your choice. But I would think this is what we need so lets get on with it.

Dice.

Also do not Rep this please. This is a call to action not a +rep opinion poll. If you agree or disagree just fucking post here your thoughts. Don't just tick a box and move on like that means something. In other threads it might, not here. Here everyone needs to be heard. Also while I will not care that you disagree with me that will not mean I will not hear you out. I would be a total dick if I was not willing to hear everyone on a topic I think is this serous. Speak your mind and say what you want to do. If you like the idea of writing a review than say so. If you do not think you can't write one but want to help post what you are good at. And if you think I am overblowing the whole thing that tell me that too. But before you post anything at all think back over the last three months and then write. Think first. Speak second.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Blue Panda" (Aug 12th 2013, 1:07am)

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:21pm

Tho I want to work on both the 870 and the SPAS I am setting a rule here that I will only list a member for one revew at a time. If you end up submitting more than one at a given time then that's fine but I will only list you for one weapon. This also means I can not say I am working on both the two pumps because I will ad-hear to the rule too.

Slated Reviews:
In alphabetical order by Member's name.

Athemoe: PDR
Dice: SPAS 12
fredofthewoods: L85A2 (Someone act shocked he wants to do this)
InternationalGamer: Jets (Needs confirmation.)
Mickey: C4 (Willing to help with other things too.)
MrMisterfy: FAMAS
Nick 30075: QBZ-95B
R0cketor: SV98
theaha: Heat Maps
timminatorr: A-91
TruxCaper: G3A3
Souperintendent: MK3A1 (Jackhammer)
ViperFTW: M60E4

Reviews that have been Completed: (Alphabetical order by Member's Names and the order of Class.)
Also note that you can Use CTRL - F to find a specific weapon.

Assault:
CSLassie: The L85A2 - Be smart, be aggressive!
LucidNonsenze: The G3A3 - a review centred on console usage.
Nick 30075: M26 Review and Discussion
R0cketor: [TUTORIALS] How to use and master the AUG A3, by R0cketor

Engineer:

Support:
PhantomShado: The Beast (an M240B review)

Recon:
R0cketor: [TUTORIALS] How to use and master the SV98, by R0cketor
Th3_IronCh3F: The SKS Carbine. (A review from Th3_IronCh3F)

PDW's:
Dice: The wonderful P90. (Review by Dice.)

Shotgun's:
Dice: The 870 Modular Combat Shotgun (Review by Dice)

This post has been edited 17 times, last edit by "Dice" (Sep 12th 2012, 12:33pm)

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:27pm

I agree that weapon reviews would be a good thing to add to the site, I don't think that we're being that aggressive or split as you say on the other hand.
I think you do honestly believe we are which is a shame as it probably reduces your enjoyment of the site. Could you suggest some things you think are out of hand or indicitave of community disharmony?
This reply has been too serious so far.

I'm cereal

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:31pm

We have had more small scuffs, feuds and thread locks due to personal attacks these past 2 months than the whole time I have been here man. As for things that are out of hand. I do not want to point fingers but the deleted Patch notes thread, M16 thread and one of the threads locked today yesterday come to mind without a moment of looking for posts to quote.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dice" (Sep 9th 2012, 4:36pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:32pm

/me taps his hat at Dice

Yes, I've also witnessed the demise of the discussion standards around here. People are using strong words too thoughtlessly. That may very well be because there isn't much left to say, as you imply. So trying to channel that boredom into something constructive is certainly a good idea. Good luck. You'll need it. ;)

Athemoe

(1,426)

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:33pm

Rep'd

Date of registration
: Dec 22nd 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:34pm

When the new site came I thought a lot you guys who understand the data ect was going to make reviews start up a YouTube channel. The discussion has been going on for months with you lot but nothing has been made of it.
I would love for somebody to do these type of files again very easy to use.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wz_K…bilebasic?pli=1

The maker of the Docs also had them for every class of weapons.
I can't remember who made them tho. But I believe these type of sums are easier to understand for me anyway.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:35pm

Rep'd

Please don't man. That is not what this is about and I do not want to gain anything from this. I want a talk, not a Epeen increase. If I wanted that I would do another review. Thank you for the thought tho. I hope I do not seam rude in this.

Failure117

cheap kitchen leeds

(76)

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:36pm

Good idea. Even though I've been here for a fraction of what you guys have, I can see what you're talking about. This community is in dire need of a new project.
GT: F4ilure 117.
Unholy Leader of the Order of q.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 3:37pm

Now what is wrong with us? Well the site is dying. Disagree? Fine. Your welcome too but have a look at what has happened these past months. We have had nothing to do and we have bitched and taken swings at each other.

Well some of us have but you can't go as far as to say everyone on here is now just turning on each other at every second. Disagreements happen, arguments happen, heck people who take it too far unfortunately exist and it happens. We can't condemn the whole site as dead because of the ill advised actions of a few individuals can we?

That said: More reviews and generally more interpretations of the goldmine of data we're sitting on sounds like a very good idea to me :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!