Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "fredofthewoods" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 7:26pm

M320 accuracy

Is there any effective way to accurately use the ladder sight on the M320? I was thinking, maybe (PS3/Xbox users) you could use the directional pad buttons to change the alignment of the sights, and make the distance markers more visible in the next update?
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 7:28pm

I aim it from the hip and quickly ADS before firing. It's nigh impossible to aim with those crappy sights.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 7:57pm

I'd like being able to properly use the sights, I find myself running engineer on Rush, where I mostly use assault because I can destroy cover from far away without missisng, while I would probably waste a lot of ammo with the M320 trying to hit at ranges.

Plus I think it's speed should be buffed up a bit, I doubt that the 40mm projectile is THAT slow IRL.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 3:39am

I actually think the M320 is quite easy to aim, but I do use it a fair amount (noob alert!). Placing an explosion on a moving mid range target is do-able, and even long range with a couple of L85 shots to finish them off.

It's just practice. It's exactly the same principle with landing tank shells on distant targets. Just trial and error.

However I may well be biased. I'm a big fan of the M320, and once you move away from the 'nade spam of Metro you really start to see the uses. Open maps with a fair amount of walls are your friend (Oman in particular I find). Also the ability to take out jeeps in rather nifty.
I like the fact that my name implies I am a Scottish, Counter Strike loving, girl.

Not all of these are necessarily true

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 3:48am

However I may well be biased. I'm a big fan of the M320, and once you move away from the 'nade spam of Metro you really start to see the uses. Open maps with a fair amount of walls are your friend (Oman in particular I find). Also the ability to take out jeeps in rather nifty.

Im with ya buddy, I love bieng able to take out jeeps and humvees as assault. I run M320 on maps like Seine,Bazaar,Tehran. Where theres a lot of buildings, you can shoot the side of the building and watch the rubble come down on poor unsuspecting enemies.
Valve can stick their dicks in my ass for all I care. Feels good man.

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 3:57am

Im with ya buddy, I love bieng able to take out jeeps and humvees as assault. I run M320 on maps like Seine,Bazaar,Tehran. Where theres a lot of buildings, you can shoot the side of the building and watch the rubble come down on poor unsuspecting enemies.

Exactly. Its the only think assault can carry to hurt vehicles. Ok they hardly dint the heavily armed stuff, and you're best off just staying out of harms way and reviving your engi teammates, but they are a great way of picking off whoever has just jumped out the tank to repair :)

It's also rather good at suppression. Assault guys don't really have much to make enemies keeps their heads down and panic unlike the other classes (belt fed LMG's, RPG's, and high mag scoped bolt action rifles). True, suppression isn't the role of assault, but keeping peoples heads down while others run in with the AEK's works really well.

Also, I'm not a fan of speeding them up. a) The drop would begin to move into RPG territory, and I like the distinction. b) You couldn't lob them over cover, so no winkling out the scared, and c) The ability to launch a grenade, change to your AR and start firing at the target before the grenade hits works amazingly well. I wouldn't want to loose this.
I like the fact that my name implies I am a Scottish, Counter Strike loving, girl.

Not all of these are necessarily true

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 6:27am

I am pretty sure I looked in the explosives data thread before and didn't see:
M320 spread, and maybe it was muzzle velocity or gravity for either the M320 or RPG.

It is nice to use your gunsights when it's attached UB
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 9:25am

Anyone remember the RPG sights in Bad Company 2? Did anyone know those sights accurately depicted sizes and distances needed to accurately lead and hit enemy tanks from far off?
I miss that level of precision in a Battlefield game :(

*Sigh*
Regardless. Am I the only one that sometimes doesn't have the ladder sights? About 7/10 times when I ADS with a free-standing M320 the ladders just disappear.

As for accurately using the sights, I can't. However I have a compromise: Since the March patch I've stopped using Foregrips on pretty much every single AR and still don't see the need to use the Bipod since I'm pretty good at tap-firing so I often run the Underbarrel Rail....Perfect for the M320 or MASS. If you ADS with the M320 under the gun then you don't get any awful ladder sights, just that nice little range-finding crosshair you have normally along with the usual ADS accuracy.

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Mar 13th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 10:29am

Personally, I don't have a problem with it as is other than the fact that it has to compete with the Medkit. Only change I'd make is increased accuracy or extra grenades when mounted underneath an Assault Rifle or something to help promote use of the Underslung Rail.

Now the M320 Buck? Jesus Christ. Not only is there a delay between it registering a kill, but it's just completely worthless when you have the choice of just using the MASS or even SMOKE instead. What the hell was DICE thinking?

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 11:46am

Anyone remember the RPG sights in Bad Company 2? Did anyone know those sights accurately depicted sizes and distances needed to accurately lead and hit enemy tanks from far off?
I miss that level of precision in a Battlefield game :(

*Sigh*
Regardless. Am I the only one that sometimes doesn't have the ladder sights? About 7/10 times when I ADS with a free-standing M320 the ladders just disappear.

As for accurately using the sights, I can't. However I have a compromise: Since the March patch I've stopped using Foregrips on pretty much every single AR and still don't see the need to use the Bipod since I'm pretty good at tap-firing so I often run the Underbarrel Rail....Perfect for the M320 or MASS. If you ADS with the M320 under the gun then you don't get any awful ladder sights, just that nice little range-finding crosshair you have normally along with the usual ADS accuracy.

i think the GP thingy doesnt have one. so whenever you are russian you dont get the ladder.