Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,955)

• "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 8:59am

The BF2 Solution to Assault + Medic

I just watched a 45 minute Battlefield Documentary, which I felt was so good I posted in the youtube thread, here - Youtubers.

Anyways, I realized that perhaps the solution to "shock paddle trains" and "assault is OP" discussion is really so simple that it's already been done for us, and done brilliantly. That's right. BF2 to the rescue. Here's what BF2 had:

Assault Class: - http://wiki.bf2s.com/classes/battlefield-2/assault
(Each class starts with a base AR that is faction specific, in general these guns were crappy)
All versions of this kit have a grenade launcher, either underslung or not
F2000 with underslung GL,
G3 - not at all like the BF3 G3A3 though, the BF2 G3 was extremely accurate and very deadly at distance with very little recoil, so imagine the G3 with no vertical recoil.
Smoke -OR- Flashbangs

Medic Class: - http://wiki.bf2s.com/classes/battlefield-2/medic
(Each class starts with a base AR that is faction specific, in general these guns were crappy)
L85
G36E
Shock Paddles and Med Packs

-----------

So what would this look like in BF3? Simple-

Assault Class:
Any Assault class weapon
Choice of any M26, -OR- any M320
Kit always gets Med Pack in place of Defib
NO Defib!

Medic Class:
Choice of the following Assault class weapons: Scar-L, L85, KH2002, AN-94 (these are the weakest assault weapons at point blank, but more accurate at distance)
No M26 or M320 Frag, LVG, Buck
Choice of M320 smoke -OR- Medpack

Look at what this would mean for an infantry squad. Instead of 4 assaults, you'd have two assaults and two medics. The assaults would be up front, pushing forward and being "meat shields" while the medics would be right behind, ready to revive. Don't say I'm nerfing assault, because now assault would get the M320 or M26 AND med kit, which makes the lone wolf assault more potent.

Let's really try to keep this thread civil. And I know Dice isn't going to add a new class to BF3 this late in the game, so let's let this discussion be theoretical as far as "would this be optimal for BF3?"
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" (Aug 2nd 2012, 9:10am)

Date of registration
: Jun 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 9:15am

This basically means splitting the assault class in two. Or creating two different assault classes. In that case I'd rather have the BC2 solution. Medics coming after the assaults, laying down suppressive fire. Makes sense in the game environment.

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,955)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 9:24am

This basically means splitting the assault class in two. Or creating two different assault classes. In that case I'd rather have the BC2 solution. Medics coming after the assaults, laying down suppressive fire. Makes sense in the game environment.
I boycotted BC2 because of it's ridiculous 32 player limit. Other than support having shock paddles, what else was different? And why is that solution better? To me, it seems like the medic class should have the lighter AR's that shoot slower and are more accurate.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 9:46am

AN-94 (these are the weakest assault weapons at point blank
AHEM!

Also, i'd have loved to have had been around for a recoil-less g3 that was extremely more accurate than the rest.

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,955)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 9:55am

AN-94 (these are the weakest assault weapons at point blank
AHEM!

Also, i'd have loved to have had been around for a recoil-less g3 that was extremely more accurate than the rest.
I know what you're getting at Sun, with the AN-94's theoretical potency up close in burst mode, BUT, until the weapon is used routinely by more than 3% of top assaults, then it remains a distance weapon. And to my point, I'm not by any means making the medic class weak! The four weapons I picked are each very potent when used correctly.

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 10:54am

No one hardly anyone would choose medic and eventually no one would get revived.

People are too selfish, if you restrict them to using the unloved weapons for your medic class, then they will just choose assault because they can heal themselves and get to use the weapon they always use (M16, M416, AEK).

No one will ever get revived.

Personally I don't think there is that much of an issue with the Assault Class at the moment. So I will put what I have said in every other thread about this, it;s the simplest solution.

The defibs need a cooldown period of about 3-5 seconds, nothing else needs changing.

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 11:08am

Agreed completely with tajjuk. And I do see it slightly annoying and maybe even unfair that EVERY assault player will either have a shotgun or a noobtube.

I still stick with this...

Assault
ARs
Defibs
M320 / M26 choices / OR maybe make it a C4 slot

Medic
Carbines
Defibs
Medic Kits / M320 / M26 choices (although obviously Medic Kit is the single most useful)

The problem is the Medic Kit + best weapons + defibs combo. The main problem out of this problem is the power of the Medic Kit.
Symthic?

Date of registration
: Jul 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 11:14am

Except if you ever played BF2 you would have remembered the enormous amount of medic spam in the game. In BF2 the medics could sprint for longer and heal and had as hard hitting weapons as assault, which was a far better tradeoff then the slightly more body armour of the assault class, which also had a noticeably shorter sprint time.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 12:07pm

Give every assault player a shotgun or m320?
Hell nahw.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 12:18pm

If assault/medic is split give assault a 34% less effective Kermit and a gadget to increase the time a dead teammate is revivable dramatically as well as others potentially rather than M330 spam.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.