Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "T-51B_Commando" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 11:55pm

The Assault Class

With all the talk about Assaults. I decided to put this thread up... From what I've seen, its the most controversial class. Is there anyone who can truly say that this class isn't very accessible and advantageous? On my last thread there were several opinions about how things have to change for the next BF installment. The ability to heal yourself, revive others and use the best weapons together is too good. I think the Assault Class should be split into two. A Medic armed with a carbine carrying Defibs and Medkit etc. And an Assault (Lighting bolt?) armed with rifles and carrying M320 & an Auto injector etc.

Or is everything fine as it is, What do you guys think?

Or we could keep it simple, leave the class alone but prohibit both Defib and Medkit usage together...

Date of registration
: Jul 10th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:05am

With all the talk about Assaults. I decided to put this thread up... From what I've seen, its the most controversial class. Is there anyone who can truly say that this class isn't very accessible and advantageous? On my last thread there were several opinions about how things have to change for the next BF installment. The ability to heal yourself, revive others and use the best weapons together is too good. I think the Assault Class should be split into two. A Medic armed with a carbine carrying Defibs and Medkit etc. And an Assault (Lighting bolt?) armed with rifles and carrying M320 & an Auto injector etc.

Or is everything fine as it is, What do you guys think?

Or we could keep it simple, leave the class alone but prohibit both Defib and Medkit usage together...
Give Assault LMG and Support the Assault Rifles (bascially go back to BFBC2 class balance) imo is worth a try, although that might kill Belt feed LMG usage all together.

• "Lead Based Toys" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jun 10th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:08am

I think forcing Assaults to choose which medical options they pack is too ineffective a change to be worth pursuing, as any player knows the defibs outclass the medpack greatly and the only thing it'd accomplish is basically removing health packs from the game altogether.

I think the most worthwhile change to the game would be to stick PDWs as the Engineer primary weapons and tack Carbines onto a new medic class. Limit the Assaults to M320 and smoke grenades. I think the auto injector is a bad idea, since in Bad Company 1 the assault rifles and auto injector strength made most players stick to the assault despite it lacking team support function simply because it was too versatile in combat. In this class based game class population control only results as necessity - when you consider the Assault as a prime target for packing the ability to revive players it is sort of null when you consider that the rest of that same player's squad is usually Assault too. It makes the strategy involved in playing too reliant on bum-rushing and paddling everything you see over shooting back as everyone has to reload eventually especially when you're shooting at targets that have temp. invicibility.

A weaker combat role in a new bridged class would make Medics prime targets again while at the same time not-nerfing Assault into uselessness as their combat prowess is much more capable.

I dream of a day where I can end a triple-cap game by taking a home base flag instead of shooting OOB Recon players for 20 minutes straight.

UNSTOPPABLE BLACKGUYFIELD 3: ASSAULT RIFLE EDITION

Athemoe

(1,426)

• "Athemoe" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:09am

They are useless on Conquest.
Engineer/Support is better.

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:11am

how about you let both assaults and engineers both pick their weapons from a pool of both carbines and assault rifles, give carbines an obvious advantage in recoil or hipfire, give the assault rifles better end damage and much heavier recoil.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:28am

from what i see, people that are always on the 'assault are 'op' view are the people that play maps and modes that highly suit assault.

its like the fact that most shark attacks happen in shallow water. of course they do, that's where the people are.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:29am

from what i see, people that are always on the 'assault are 'op' view are the people that play maps and modes that highly suit assault.

its like the fact that most shark attacks happen in shallow water. of course they do, that's where the people are.

The problem with this logic being the fact that Assault is mainly complained about for making infantry combat absolutely fucking broken in favor of one class only, but whatever.

I dream of a day where I can end a triple-cap game by taking a home base flag instead of shooting OOB Recon players for 20 minutes straight.

Athemoe

(1,426)

• "Athemoe" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:34am

Uhm I'm sorry, but Recon is also great for infantry combat. Too bad that people play it in a wrong way.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:39am

I tried Recon I honestly did, I usually die to the debuff suppression that undermines the greatest strength of the Recon guns normally.

Well that and the fact that most assault rifles kill faster than semi-auto sniper rifles at medium range. But we've had the discussion of 'assault = overpowered' about a thousand times on this board and if you don't believe it by now well you're in the minority. Try to stay on topic.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 12:47am

The thing about the aggressive recon, even for PC players, is that you can't be caught suppressed, like LBT said. It has the potential to be much better than the assault class due to the simple fact that any semi auto can 1 shot kill up to 54 meters (i really enjoy the m39 with reflex/holo); however, it's most effective in maps smally populated. You simply can't make a case for the aggressive recon on a 64 player bazaar match. However, things changes DRASTICALLY with 24 or less players. It's a really difficult class to master, but really rewarding once you get the headshots rolling.

But, for the sheer ease of use and ability to be successful with, the assault class wins.