Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 7th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, July 16th 2012, 12:00pm

Aside; if you're trying to get the new Engineer camo's, then Noshar Canal CQ (High ticket count) is the best map to play because:

1) You need some distance for the SCAR-H to be effective. I usually switch it to single shot as the recoil is horrible in full auto. Reminds me a lot of the M14-MOD in BF2 and I get on just fine like this but YMMV.

2) Lot's of heli's for those frustrating to nail SMAW/RPG heli kills

3) Lot's of vehicles for trying to get the mine kills.

So, mine kills;

Russian team.
- Lay your mines below the water line on the quay side ramps. You can take out the enemy boats, APC and AMTRAC very easily and if you go deep enough, they cannot see the mines, although they can still spot them
- Blind corners around A flag.
- On the top of the ramp coming up from B to C (hard to spot)

American Team.
- Again, blind corners around A
- On the ramp down from C towards B,
- The best place is between the railway tracks above A. The enemy team will often charge at full speed from their base in either tank or jeep towards A (if the US have it) and if you place the mines between the railway lines they are very difficult to spot or see.

The enemy tank ho's will all be running thermal to spot the mines after a while, which is a good time to switch to Support with C4 for those sneaky C4 vehicle kills. (Cool Story, Bro-time): I got about 22 kills with C4 last night this way. After I got the quota for Support C4 kills I switched to Gaymores but forgot! I ran at one tanker, who I had nemesis'd with C4 but slapped down a Gaymore instead. I thought the game was up but the tanker was so twitchy from all my C4 kills he jumped right out and got killed by my Gaymore. So I jumped in his tank and whored it for about 5 minutes until, it felt like, every enemy engineer hunted me down and smashed my poor little tank. Good times.

:D

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, July 16th 2012, 7:32pm

They are pretty pointless these days. Any tank driver worth their salt will have thermal optics or hammer the spot button when driving.

This. I play on Grand Bazaar a ton and have to hammer the spot button every 10 seconds thanks to all the cancerous smoke. Plus if I get killed by mines once, I know there is going to be more placed down. Nothing like driving the LAV to C and seeing about 4 mines and 10 packs of C4 on the ground.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,957)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, July 16th 2012, 11:19pm

It's not the fact that they're easy to spot, it's that Mines themselves aren't goin to do all the job.

Mines are defensive equipment. In order to avoid mines you either need Thermal Optics or mashing the SPOT button.
Drivers who aren't using Thermal Optics will be using IR Smoke to counter Guided Missiles, which makes them vulnerable to Mines.

Place mines in the common vehicle "entrances" for flags, get to a vantage point and take out your javelin. As soon as an armored vehicle appears lock-on with the Javelin, if the guy releases IR Smoke don't shoot, he'll probably won't notice your mines and die. If the guy doesn't release IR smoke, fire the Javelin, the guy will start lokking around for you or run away, if he start0s lokking for you his view isn't focused on the ground, and may end up triggering your mines, if he runs away you've sucessfully defended the flag.

Works best at the start of the match where enemies don't expect you in ther next-2-spawn flag.

That's how I use them though, and it works. I avoided mines althogether because if I was going to be using engineer I'd be in a vehicle.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: May 17th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, July 16th 2012, 11:51pm

As somebody with 500+ AT-Mine kills they aren't useless at all. Still plenty of stupid people in Tanks.

Xbox360: Akimbo Fish

Date of registration
: Mar 22nd 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 12:04am

Place mines near where a tank spawns (3 in front and 3 in back). Opponent gets in and the vehicle blows up. Kind of a dick move, but it's the easiest way to get it.
^ This, is the best way to get mine kills. It's a little dickish perhaps but I think they could in theory spot and see the mines, and if they don't it's their fault. There is also the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" factor if you keep doing it and no one stops you. It's not really any more devious than using mines anywhere else, but it is more effective I find.

I only use two mines per target vehicle, so I can have more than one trap. If I can, putting it so it's directly under the vehicle where it spawns. Jeeps seem to work better, because they drive forwards 99% of the time so mines in front work better... Getting into the attacker's later bases on rush can lead to a lot of havoc doing this :whistling:

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 12:54am

I use 3 on top of one another for tank traps and 2 with a small amount of lateral spacing for jeep traps.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 6:52pm

Drop them in dark places. Also, think about when a tank is on a incline. The tank shell can't always reach a AT mine. I swear by AT mines. 407 kills - top 15%

Serial Service Star Collector
Getting close to 62 mastered weapons.
Weapons with at least 1 SS: 74

Also play PC.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, July 20th 2012, 3:18am

top 4% with over 800 kills and all u got to do is be creative and put yourself on drivers position. Best way to learn is to take a tank for a spin on a map and learn your blind spots. like on the turns, remark how drivers always look towards the flag to cap instead of looking other way, place mines in places people would never suspect and try to always do so on the sides not in the middle of the road. Also on maps from b2k if a friendly vehicle passes over the mine in gives it a little camouflage makes it harder to see. Like i said be creative and think outside of the box :) AT mines are still amazing so far.
Platform: XBOX WhyVegas

PhantomShado

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, July 20th 2012, 4:06am

Go to a 24/7 5 flag Wake Island server. Place AT mines in tight pairs primarily between point A and B. Forget D and E, they suck for AT mine kills.

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, July 20th 2012, 4:52am

I do spot a ton of mines by mistake, but that tends to be in the middle of the street. Tehran Highway is a good place for AT kills, most BtK maps as well. Tight urban maps confine tank movement, and also cause people to recklessly fly around corners trying to get to the action. I have most of my success laying mines on the shortest route between the enemy spawn and a hotly contested objective. Around corners that are usually closer to the enemies base so they are not expecting it.

It's just like claymores and knifing, it helps if the enemy isn't looking for/at you.
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"