Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Zormau" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 12:30pm

AT-Mines becoming more and more useless?

Heya.
I have the impression that more and more players don't fall for AT mines anymore, especially in armored vehicles where they would be most useful.
Getting the 25 vehicle destroys with AT mines for the latest assignment is really annoying (if you're an assignment whore like me), though not as bad as I found "get 5 kills with the DPV" which I still don't have.
What I found to work comparably often was Rush on Damavand Peak. People in jeeps seem to be more careless than people in tanks. Put a few mines on the road in the relevant areas and it's possible to do a few mine-kills per game.

Does anyone have other tips on how to use AT mines to their best effectiveness or experiences he/she wants to share?
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Failure117

cheap kitchen leeds

(76)

Date of registration
: Jun 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 12:38pm

They're really useless because of spotting. They're also easy to see most of the time. Try hiding them in places most people wouldn't expect (aka not in the middle of a brightly lit road).
GT: F4ilure 117.
Unholy Leader of the Order of q.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 12:51pm

Drop a tree on the road and then place mines. The other idea is to place your mines among the other teams mines. The driver sees blue mines on the mini map and... yea.

Date of registration
: Dec 22nd 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 12:53pm

At the contruction site on golf of Oman if you go prone and place mines shuffle about a bit lol,they will then be hidden underneath the sand.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 1:17pm

Find a tank that engaging another tank (too distracted to see you), plant mines right next to it, and apply .44, grenade, or rocket.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 1:21pm

Counts as a kill to the weapon not to the mine if you do that Sun.

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 1:23pm

Find a tank that engaging another tank (too distracted to see you), plant mines right next to it, and apply .44, grenade, or rocket.

That counts the kill as the weapon you blew it up as I beleive!

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 1:32pm

Put mines on the front of your jeep. Ram tanks. Sit back and enjoy your suicide and the destruction of the tank.
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 2:24pm

Make a heap of mines in the middle of the road and have a medic or support throw a pack on them. To be fair I don't know if that actually works, but it seems like it should.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 2:57pm

Place them near obstacles which drivers have to concerntrate to drive around. Their eyes are off the road at this point because they are trying to manouvre, so you can surprise them!
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.