Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,952)

• "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:00pm

So is stealing from the uncap a bad gameplay element that should be fixed?

Edit - great points have been made here about how stealing from uncaps on console, or PC with fewer than 24 players does not pose a substantial issue, and I completely agree. My premise is that on the Rush Jet maps, with 32, 48 or 64 players, stealing the defending team's Rush Jet causes a massive imbalance where there is no defense for. The scenario also applies to the Heli on Sharqi conquest with 32+ players.

Here begins the OP:
-------------------------

Specifically I'm talking about stealing an uncap vehicle from an area that is out of bounds to players on the ground?

I was just dominating these two -

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/sol…tats/327968433/
and
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/sol…tats/296285521/

And here's the battlelog - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/bat…71/1/351986612/ (i was 5-minute idle kicked while discussing the rule with an admin) but you can see I was top jet that round despite only playing the first third of the game.

And I've played with them before, they're both heli guys, so its no surprise that I was dominating their heli with my jet. So first they come after me with the jet, five times in a row, dominated. Not sure why but WMWW quits, and then comes back a minute later. The game goes on, a stinger gets me somehow, no idea. I spawn into my jet to their heli hovering over me, and even though i've out spawned them, WM shoots me out of the cockpit and steals my frogfoot. On rush this is the Russians' only air unit, and there's no AA of any kind, so obviously he held it the rest of the game.

I type something like: Really, douchebags? And to their credit, they say something to the tune of, yea well, you were killing us in the jet.

It's always been my understanding that out of bounds on the ground, means out of bounds in the air, except for potentially clan matches where these policies are agree on beforehand, but pub servers, and general good sportsmanship would respect the game enough to not base rape, and not steal vehicles from the uncap. Don't get me wrong, I steal vehicles on the battlefield CONSTANTLY, as I see that as stealing kits, as that's not out of bounds.

So, what do you guys think?
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" (Jul 20th 2012, 8:13am)

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:05pm

Specifically if that uncap is out of bounds to players on the ground?

I was just raping these two -

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/sol…tats/327968433/
and
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/sol…tats/296285521/

And here's the battlelog - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/bat…71/1/351986612/ (i was 5-minute idle kicked while discussing the rule with an admin) but you can see I was top jet, that round even despite the cheaters.

And I've played with them before, they're both heli guys, so its no surprise that I was dominating their heli with my jet. So first they come after me with the jet, five times in a row, dominated. Not sure why but WMWW quits, and then comes back a minute later. The game goes on, a stinger gets me somehow, no idea. I spawn into my jet to their heli hovering over me, and even though i've out spawned them, WM shoots me out of the cockpit and steals my frogfoot. On rush this is the Russians' only air unit, and there's no AA of any kind, so obviously he held it the rest of the game.

I type something like: Really, douchebags? And to their credit, they say something to the tune of, yea well, you were killing us in the jet.

It's always been my understanding that out of bounds on the ground, means out of bounds in the air, except for potentially clan matches where these policies are agree on beforehand, but pub servers, and general good sportsmanship would respect the game enough to not base rape, and not steal vehicles from the uncap. Don't get me wrong, I steal vehicles on the battlefield CONSTANTLY, as I see that as stealing kits, as that's not out of bounds.

So, what do you guys think?

Taking a disabled tank or Heli that someone just leaves in the middle of the battlefield? Hell yea. I do not condone stealing vehicles from uncaps though, very unsportsmanlike
Valve can stick their dicks in my ass for all I care. Feels good man.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:07pm

There's a reason that there's an uncap--the other team shouldn't be there.

If you leave your jet parked on a road in the middle of a map, that's fair game. If you don't even get off of the ground before it gets stolen, that's more of a dick move than anything else.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:11pm

I always steal SU-35's when I'm on the US team on a map with F-35's. Also if I'm with a friend who wants to fly and the enemy team have given up using their jet on Rush I sometimes steal it to let my friend fly the teams jet.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,952)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:13pm

I always steal SU-35's when I'm on the US team on a map with F-35's.

Ahh but that is different! The wake island Jets spawn IN BOUNDS, so I steal those jets as well. Again, I'm specifically talking about stealing just from an out of bounds uncap.

------------

Ahh, and I just put together why WMWW quit in the middle of the round! Right as I disabled him the fifth time, he bailed (again), and I happened to glimpse him bail, so I typed LOL right away, letting him know I knew it was him who bailed. I watched the kill feed for suicides and "is no more" but didn't see one.

He quit before the 10 seconds out of bounds killed him so there wouldn't be a trace that he had bailed on me.

Yep. I guess when you're a douche, you're a douche all the way.

This post by "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" (Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:14pm) has been deleted by the author himself (Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:15pm) with the following reason: dbl post

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:27pm

If it's in bounds it's fair game. If it's in the uncap then it turns douchy. Not to say me and my friends haven't stolen a few Vipers if I'm RU or vise versa.

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,952)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:36pm

The reason why I think it's 100% cheating is because, on Kharg Rush, there's no AA gun of any kind. The Russian team doesn't even get a heli. With this in mind, there's no way to defend against it, does the US team just get two jets every game of Kharg Rush? The Russian team literally has zero recourse. I'm adding this to the bug thread. You shouldn't be able to enter any enemy vehicle that is out of bounds and on the ground in the new spawn protection zone.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" (Jul 14th 2012, 7:34pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:37pm

If the game allows it it is not cheating. I will steal any enemy vehicle without moral qualms.
#1 With the .44 Scoped on PC. (July 2013)

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 6:41pm

The reason why I think it's 100% cheating is because, on Kharg Rush, there's no AA gun of any kind. The Russian team doesn't even get a heli. With this in mind, there's no way to defend against it, does the US team just get two jets every game of Kharg Rush? The Russian team literally has zero recourse. I'm adding this to the bug thread. You shouldn't be able to enter any enemy vehicle that is out of bounds and on the ground. (this still allows for superman jumps off Damavand peak to steal a floating enemy helicopter.) :)

I think it's been like this for the longest now. Well since I can remember.