Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(611)

• "rainkloud" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 9:50pm

Jet Laser Guided Missiles vs Laser Painted Helo

Before the last two patches broke it, You could fire guided missiles from jets at painted helo's. I used to be of the opinion that this was OP and that was the job of heat seekers. Now, however, since flares can also distract LGM I think it's fair. Gives the GM something else to be good at since it can be somewhat nullified by ground vehicle smoke. They're no good vs jets while Heat seekers are so I think if we tally all the pros and cons it comes out even.

Anyone else like to share thoughts?

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 9:54pm

it's useful. But it's never happened to me so I haven't had a bad opinion of it.
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 10:06pm

We already discussed this, in the balance threads, I think. I thought it was great. You still needed massive altitude and distance to hit a chopper because they're so slow, whereas using it against a jet was a crazy trick shot that meant flipping upside down and hoping you got the lock before you plowed into the ground. I'm 90% sure that the guided missiles for the attack heli gunner can still take advantage of painted air units. It boggles the mind that the jet guided missiles have less functionality than a hand-held javelin. I'm all for bringing it back.

On a related note, have they fixed the damage to designated targets yet? It's hard for me to verify, because most soflam painted tanks pop smoke before the missile hit. I think AGMs used to get the top down damage bonus, but that's been completely removed. The only way to get a disable with them is to follow up with a cannon run, so the old argument that rocket pods require the added risk of diving into firing range has been invalidated. At the moment the only surefire ways to get an AGM kill are against a jeep (requires a cannon volley too), or against some-one repairing their vehicle (Hello AA! I'm back!).

• "Kirbinanator" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 10:18pm

People use heatseekers? This isn't BF2.

THIS IS A MATURE CHRISTIAN MESSAGE BOARD

Spoiler Spoiler

Do we have makeup sex now?

Don't be ridiculous, nobody who acts as childishly as you have ever gets laid. You're recent behaviour has been completely unacceptable. I don't understand why you think it is OK to insult other members with such an aggressive tone as you do, but it stops now. This is a mature and polite forum and shitty attitudes will not be tolerated. Consider this a warning, if it does not stop then you're heading for a ban.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 11:01pm

I don't get why they removed it in the first place.. Almost no one used guided missiles and certainly not against aircrafts, it was hardly anything OP about it sine you needed 2 people to do it who both needs to stay in the perfect range, and align that awkward guided missile and hope it doesn't lose the target or get distracted.. :|

Choppers can still use laser + guided against air targets anyway... It's just weird...

Though laser tagging is just a lame feature in the first place... ;o It sounds nice, but it just takes too much effort for very little reward, and as said, most ground vehicles runs smoke these days so you rarely get a hit...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(611)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 6th 2012, 1:02am

Yeah I forgot we did discuss this didn't we? I'm going senile :wacko:

And no it's not been fixed yet. Demize confirmed that it's fixed in internal builds so it should be in the next client patch.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, July 6th 2012, 1:26am

Wait, nobody is commenting on how hard it is to achieve and maintain lock, before the Helo uses counter measures / lock plain disappears?
I'm a tsundere tentacle

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(611)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, July 6th 2012, 1:47am

No that hard at all. You only need a second or so for the lock and then fire. You get 900 range which is the big plus. In all likelyhood it will get flared off but I've managed to deplete his flares from 900m away which makes him a sitting duck for anyone else in the area. Not to mention that if he his out of flares he's dead. Unless you're talking about getting the soflam lock in the first place? Yeah that can be difficult at times but it's not effected by below radar so that's a big plus in your corner.

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, July 6th 2012, 2:03am

The big strength is helicopters with laser painters and CITV stations. If a heli or jet is going for a run on a friendly tank or is engaged face-to-face with one of your choppers, you can send a guided missile very fast. Even if they deploy counters they'll shit themselves and run from subsequent locks and maybe go below radar, which is the ideal killzone for both tanks and helis. Although I say this as "You can", when I mean "I did, back then." It's really easy if you have enough altitude, because all you have to do is switch the the AGM-Cam and barrel roll until you get the laser marker.

Date of registration
: Dec 22nd 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Friday, July 6th 2012, 2:10am

It's shocking how much they have nerfed the Guided missiles for jet. I used to use this for a) killing jeeps in one hit which is now only a disable like come on that is ridiculous.b) to kill infantry easier as you could see them via the thermal then use cannon which you can still do. C) against tanks which now everybody runs smoke on open maps so there are now invincible to guided missiles from jets as the smoke reload time is just too quick IMO. So overall I'm a bit pissed they have made something practical useless now.
Ps I forgot to add how it takes around 4 guided missiles to even kill a rank without smoke !!!