Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Beyer" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 29th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 9:00am

Did something happen to hit detection or the damage models after the latest patch.

Since the last patch I feel like there are issues with either the hit detection or the damage you do when hitting someone at quite close range.

Damage first:
The Rex does 50 damage up close and should be a two shot kill to the body and torso and one-shot to the head.
At 1:58 in this video a support guy gets gunned down and our protagonist switches to the rex and gets two hits off on the body on a recon. The other guy survives with 4% health.
You can't get that kind of damage from the REX, unless 19 meters (where the rex does 46 damage) in this game is approximately the length of three soldiers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb9GHOMZFLQ&feature=g-u-u

I've played some TDM with the M417 and the MK11 mod 0 in close quarters and two shots to someones back at POINT BLANK (silly campers) will often not kill a person. At range both guns kill with three shots and I'd often experience four hit markers were needed even though both drop to 37.5 dam at range. I'm not talking about assault camping on a box of band-aids, but people running out in the open.

Hitboxes:
Shotguns will often just shoot straight through a person at point blank and do no damage at all.
A controlled SOFLAM can stare blankly at a tank right in front of it without being able to lock on.
Knifing animations bug out so much since premium came out, that I've gone from rarely knifing to NEVER knifing. It just doesn't work for me any more.
Shooting with a scoped rifle at someone's head, hiding behind a crate will often enough not yield a head shot.
I've seen my RPG's pass right through tanks.
Helis can just lose a stinger/igla lock on command without deploying flares. You lose the tracking icon as well as the sound cues. It can go on for several seconds for a heli just hovering above you.
TV missiles often do no damage to jets.

I can't collect actual evidence and I know I panic from time to in close quarters TDM, but I'm experiencing very many situations where I'm clearly shooting someone in the back or at close range (since our characters are in actual physical contact) and my bullets don't connect.
Are there new issues with the lag/ping/internet connection/smoothing or are there new issues with the damage calculations or hit boxes?
Spot, Help your squad, Defib, Give ammo, Repair tanks, Shoot first, Arm M-coms, Cap flags.
If in doubt: switch to engineer.

I have sigs turned off and I utilize the ignore function.

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 9:14am

Remember that any combination of dealing damage that equals to 100 exactly won't kill the Target as each Player has technically 100.000001 HP. There are factors such as a Medic Pack being near the target too which would give the Target some 1% HP and won't be able to be killed unless Over-Damage is given. It's weird, and I have noticed some odd things on the AN-94 which happens to land on 100 Damage a lot, and subsequently I get 100 Kill Assists all the time... -_-

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 9:16am

I haven't had any problems with bullets' hit detection; it works fine for me. However, yesterday, i tank shelled a heli twice in a row without doing any damage. I mean, it's hard enough to hit a heli with tank shells; doing it twice without any damage is the finest trolling DICE has ever done to me.

@feedxmexmoar

I decided to test that theory with Drax on an empty server before writing my final assault rifle thread balance. 4 shots @ 25 damage up close always resulted in a kill. It's strange, though, since there are reports and feedback from people saying it doesn't always work, and, yet, testing seemed to prove otherwise. Maybe we should just test again with more guns.

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 9:38am

Test is again. A 20 damage gun like the ACR will often not kill the enemy and leave them killing you on 0% health. The SV98 has an issue where hilling someone in the head at long ranges does the same.

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 11:49am

Hitboxes:
Shotguns will often just shoot straight through a person at point blank and do no damage at all.
I've seen my RPG's pass right through tanks.
I agree something does appear to be off - I have had both those things happen to me (the shotgun thing was really odd - bumping into an enemy at point blank range, firing three SPAS shots at him and getting no hits at all).
I have also hip-fired the M417 from about 5 feet away several times on a couple of different occasions and scored no hits at all and done the same thing with the Magnum playing Gun Master.

• "Beyer" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 12:45pm

Remember that any combination of dealing damage that equals to 100 exactly won't kill the Target as each Player has technically 100.000001 HP. There are factors such as a Medic Pack being near the target too which would give the Target some 1% HP and won't be able to be killed unless Over-Damage is given. It's weird, and I have noticed some odd things on the AN-94 which happens to land on 100 Damage a lot, and subsequently I get 100 Kill Assists all the time... -_-

It's most likely a roundoff error that starts if you are right in between damages which sometimes leaves people with 0% but the clip I linked to, shows 4 percent from two shots up close. You see two hit markers, clearly, and the guy doesn't go down. He even has health to spare. There are no med packs on the ground as far as I can see either.

But why full health can't be 99.9 and have the HUD round off to 100 , I don't understand. It seems to do this already, unless it uses strict floor round-off, which always sucks.
Spot, Help your squad, Defib, Give ammo, Repair tanks, Shoot first, Arm M-coms, Cap flags.
If in doubt: switch to engineer.

I have sigs turned off and I utilize the ignore function.

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 1:01pm

I decided to test that theory with Drax on an empty server before writing my final assault rifle thread balance. 4 shots @ 25 damage up close always resulted in a kill. It's strange, though, since there are reports and feedback from people saying it doesn't always work, and, yet, testing seemed to prove otherwise. Maybe we should just test again with more guns.

Comfirmed, you definitely die 4 AR bullets up close, so the soldier have 100.0 health. When you get 100 kills assist, its because you did 99.5-99.9 damage and the game round it to 100 points.
AN94 is crap indeed, i just accidentally killed 34919 people with it!
-
5th AN94 user on PC @ 2012 Jun 10th

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 1:08pm

Its when you are shooting at enemies 8-~8.25m that you get100 kill assists.

All numbers off of the top of my head. Don't quote me on them, but feel free to +rep. xD

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration
: Mar 27th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 3:05pm

This has happened to me a few times with the SPAS as well. Literally point blank with the circle on them ill do zero damage then get killed. I just assumed it was my crappy aiming and/or lag but it is annoying.

Date of registration
: May 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 4:24pm

Yeah strange things happen with that hit detection. Like enemies left with a weird amount of health or getting killed after getting to cover.

And knifing someone is so unreliable I follow my flowchart (made with paint :thumbup: )