Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 27th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 1:37am

Well i assumed i had it off because i never noticed anything but just went to check and it is on. I tried it out a bit just now and i really dont see the kind of drastic movement that you guys are reporting. If i keep the weapon zoomed in the reticule never moves if people walk through it. I tried putting the site near someone and then zooming and it does not move to them. WTF? So im confused. Does it work better with certain optics or something? I was using Holo and Kobra and never noticed anything. I may just be so bad at aiming that even aim assist doesnt help :)

- this is on the xbox btw.

• "Requisix" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 1:51am

@Drake, that's wierd.

Basically, as soon as you ADS you get an initial aim assist bonus, so your crosshairs will stabilize. Once you're ADSed the effects of aim assist are much less, but still strong compared to the last patch. It's especially noticeable when, say you're watching a corner, and an enemy runs through your crosshairs - your crosshairs will follow that guy.
Symthic?

Date of registration
: Mar 13th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 2:35am

I decided to try this out while on my lunch break with the SPAS-12 Slugs to see how bad this is. Its pretty ridiculous. I still do better without aim assist overall but there are alot of situations where the aim assist makes you an unstoppable killing machine if you are using slugs.

Date of registration
: Mar 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 3:21am

@Drake, that's wierd.

Basically, as soon as you ADS you get an initial aim assist bonus, so your crosshairs will stabilize. Once you're ADSed the effects of aim assist are much less, but still strong compared to the last patch. It's especially noticeable when, say you're watching a corner, and an enemy runs through your crosshairs - your crosshairs will follow that guy.
Yea i dont get it. How long does it follow someone if they run through it? The way it sounds, if i zoom in and scan around it would 'lock' on anyone that you passed over? Im not seeing that at all, very confused....

• "Requisix" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 12:22pm

Drake, they don't follow very much. It's the initial ADS that's really a big giveaway, like the person in the video at the OP. If you're already ADS and someone runs through it only follows them for a brief moment, that's it. Not much.

However if you've not seen the guy and your crosshairs magically move, it's soooooo weird.
Symthic?

Date of registration
: Jun 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, June 20th 2014, 3:26am

I noticed a change in aim assist when switching from bf3 to bf4. It's more profound in bf4 which makes especially close engagements basically a "whoever can ads quicker" match. Also you can tell it's too strong by going to the test range by walking close to the targets while in either hip fire or ads and you can tell it pulls your aim to them. Dice really needs to make shooting mechanics more like bf3 on console. It required more skill to pull off kills than cod which is what drew me to it.

Date of registration
: Apr 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, June 20th 2014, 3:30am

Dat Necro tho
My PC:

Spoiler Spoiler

AMD FX-8350
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
16gb G-Skill Ripjaws X 1866
PNY GTX 770
Nothing is overclocked...
Yet.

In a perfect world, we could ban all guns and just be safe. But this world, on even its best day, sucks.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, June 20th 2014, 8:43am

@Legion

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, June 20th 2014, 11:14am

Holy shit a 2 year necro.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Labby

(6,445)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, June 20th 2014, 1:56pm

wow.